Enable death?

Users who are viewing this thread

What does it mean to enable death? Will unique companions and lords die and never come back or will they get replacements? I want to activate it if it means lords can die and be replaced but not if it means I'll lose companions permanently.
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!
Doesn't that mean the game will eventually be empty? I mean it would get stale if there were no companions to get and no replacements for dead lords and so on.

Thanks for the reply!
Doesn't that mean the game will eventually be empty? I mean it would get stale if there were no companions to get and no replacements for dead lords and so on.

I was actually wondering the same thing about companions.Given how pivotal they are in this game, I'd imagine losing them all would be devastating to gameplay and make a lot of the game unplayable.

I was actually wondering the same thing about companions.Given how pivotal they are in this game, I'd imagine losing them all would be devastating to gameplay and make a lot of the game unplayable.
I'd definately turn it on if it meant that new lords/kings would be elected if someone died in a battle for example. Yeah I agree, I'd hate to hire a companion only to lose him permanently in an ambush . I wish they would explain the mechanic better.

I believe the companions are randomly generated, and you will eventually have children, as will the lords. So technically it will fill up to a point where people are going to need to die.

I think this is where you come in.

I believe the companions are randomly generated, and you will eventually have children, as will the lords. So technically it will fill up to a point where people are going to need to die.

That sounds great! I hope someone can confirm this just in case. I'm concerned about the companions due to them having unique backgrounds and goals, would those just be randomized to different npcs and repeated?

I've yet to see a Companion death -- but can confirm that at the start of the game there are X amount of Companions (Like only one "Shieldmaiden") but as time progresses more pop up. Randomly generated. In my current playthrough I have 4 separate Companions with the "Shieldmaiden" title, A Few Robbers, A Couple Breakskulls. Etc.

So new heros do pop up, even if the old ones haven't died yet.

As far as I can tell perma-death seems to be turned off at the moment. I think it may have something to with the brother quest being incomplete. The game may be keeping you alive since you have no family members.

Back
Top Bottom