Einherjar Duel Tournament!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ooh! ooh! I want in! I have a feeling I may not last long - but what the heck, what do I have to lose more than my dignity, honour and all that other stuff?
In game-name is Einherjar_Davee as I am sure you know by now :smile:

We got group six now. Will do the scheme for that one later. Quite tired still..
Two more teams to go!

We should discuss the rules..

Helmet: None (Since the variation of the "first" head gear has a protection vary from 6-30)
Armor: Default (The free armor is the way to go since the other armor vary in their protection as well..
Legs: Default
First Weapon: :?: (Two-handers) (I do not want any hammers.. We should go for blades only. Should we use spears..? It's a duel and duel rules. Should we let them pick whatever they want? I don't think it's a fair duel to get knocked out by a hammer while laying on the ground..
Second Weapon: One handed.
Shield: None (Shield protection also vary too much within the different factions)

I want the same faction on both sides. Would be easier to balance and people can agree on what to wear for their duel.. Or, we just go Deathmatch and force everyone to use Nords for example.

Or, we just go Deathmatch and force everyone to use Nords for example.
Nords have only 1h swords :grin:

And if i want to use rhodok's orcish sword? :sad: Maybe at least two factions? swads-sarranids, or rhodocs-nords.
or
change faction each rounds, so we will have different factions in 1\8 final, 1\4 final, 1\2 final, final.

Shield: None (Shield protection also vary too much within the different factions)

I want the same faction on both sides.

Dont u find these two sentences rather contradictory?

Thing is that I want it to be fair.. Long axes vs. cleavers..? Not fair.. Sarranids-death-swords vs. Vaegirs-butter-knife-scimitar..

If we don't go for the same faction, no shields. Shields should not be in a duel server anyway :razz:

There is a poll up now. Vote for the faction which vary in all different weapon types and such..

For weapon selection, I suggest that in the first round of the 'best of three' duel, the first player (determined alphabetically, to avoid discussion) picks the weapon for both players (both use the same), in the second round the other player picks the weapons, and in the third tiebreaker round, both players can freely pick their weapon.

So, if player one likes one handed swords (and twohanders if necessary), and player two is a spear user, the rounds would probably be:
- 1h sword vs 1h sword
- spear vs spear
- 2h sword vs spear

The player who picks the weapons may only specify weapon family. So if he uses a shortsword, it is perfectly fine for the other player to use a normal sized sword (though it will have to belong to the one handed sword family, and he has to inform his opponent). The player who picks the weapons can also allow completely free choice of weapon (again, both players have to know beforehand which weapons will be used). Certain weapons may be refused if either they do not possess all 4 attack directions, or if they have a speed rating lower than 90. I think this would be interesting, as it would encourage the use of various combat techniques rather than sticking to the same all the time. For armour, I'd say no armour at all. This way, two factions could be used without changing the balance between the duelists.

Thoughts?

That would simply be my preference, I have no problems with your system, BlodsHammar :wink:. Yours is probably more fair, but because only the weapons of one faction would be available, some players would be fighting under their capacity if their preferred weapon is unavailable for the faction chosen (looks like it's going to be Swadia, meaning that spear users would be unable to pick spears for example).

Ill sign up for it, but my internet connection is fickle and it could be impossible for me to play.

Anywho, my ingame nick is kipponium_R_OL

Again i warn you that theres only a 75% chance i'll be able to play with a decent enough ping.

No shields, what the hell?! Why all these petty rules anyway? Set a small amount of cash per fight and allow people to buy what they want! I detest two-hander spin-fights but that is what you want?!

Shields should very much be in a duel server and certainly in any duel server that calls itself "einherjar" :razz: C'mon, a holmgang without shields?

Nonsense & balderdash. Shields are part of the experience, you need timing to fight with or against shield.

I was so looking forward to fighting with short sword and shield but now I'm barred from using a shield? :sad:

AWdeV said:
Nonsense & balderdash.
Matter of opinion..

AWdeV said:
Shields are part of the experience, you need timing to fight with or against shield.
We want the tournament to be fair. All shields or no shields. Wanna have a poll..?

AWdeV said:
I was so looking forward to fighting with short sword and shield but now I'm barred from using a shield? :sad:
Fight with what you want. I'd prefer you did not use shield..

I could live with shields being used if they were medium quality shields at max and if I can use a long axe against them, then switch to bastard sword once the shield is broken. But in general, I'd prefer no shields too. They just don't fit into a duel tournament. They take away three quarters of the intensity of a melee.

Pity. Fair enough I suppose. Everyone is the same faction too, you said?

Sorry for being a bit *****y just ago. Was a bit frustrated at other things.

Back
Top Bottom