Einherjar Duel Tournament!

Users who are viewing this thread

BlodsHammar

Grandmaster Knight
Winner of the 3rd tournament (28/5, any weapon): BJB - Einherjar_Bjordhinn!
Winner of the 2nd tournament (23/4, any 1-handed): Lezzard - 22nd_Baron_Lezard!
Winner of the 1st tournament (26/3, sword): kingofnoobia - TheNarrator!

Signing up! I want two things from you. Your forum name (so I can send you PM's) and your in-game-name. I do not want vagabonds nor people who aren't supposed to be in the tournament. Warband is required, no beta testers here..
The password will be sent by PM. TS information is found here, so are the rules. Read them.

NEW!(18/04-2010)
The Einherjar will be experimenting with a module for a while and the current one will be found here.
Includes the new 'Einherjar faction', Saxons, Normans, new weapons, maps and more.
Please write us what you think of it. Equipment, maps and the new features. Report bugs if you find any.
Current version: Einherjar Module 0.15 (9/06)
Download Link

Server lay out (9/06) said:
Server: Einherjar sverver
Module: Einherjar module
Faction: Einherjar
Game Mode: Deathmatch
Control Block Direction: Manual
Combat Speed: Faster
Map: "The Arena"
Win by: Best of three
Obey said:
Weapons: Any (melee of corpse)
Shield: None
Body armor: Default
Head: None
Feet: Default
Hands: None
Rules
No fighting unless I say so. I will call out the names of combatants in order.
Kicks and pushes will be allowed. Make sure you don't have a "kick-to-death-duel". We don't have the time.
After a duel and you've won for example the first of three, you may go spec and re-enter again, to regain full health IF you lost some. Do this quick.
If your opponent is down, if you knocked him down in any way, leave him be and let him stand up. I don't want any duel to end with a man on the ground. Will only lead to a "do-over" and eventually a disqualification.
No rage quiting please. Hopefully I'll be a spec and I will judge what's right or wrong. (I will only be partial to the Einherjar/Shieldings, I swear :wink:)
If someone quits it will make it difficult for me to round up the combatants. When this has started, it has to end correctly.
If you're out of the game (lost all your duels) you may go spec/stay in the circle if you want to.
Please don't stand too close to the duelers. We will try to form a big circle abound the combatants and they have to keep them selfs within the circle. IF they come to close, move out of their way! (We tried this and it works!)
Try to keep the TS (if used) clear..

You will win the duel if you have won two times out of three. If you win twice in a row there is really no need for a third but in the spirit of the tournament, I will let the combatants choose if they want to continue or not. We are all sportsmen :wink:
When you have lost, put on a hat. Any hat would be all right. Just so we know how many is left and such. Think of it as a "cone" :wink:
Requirements! said:
Warband! You will have to own Warband. We will not host the tournament in any beta server.
Patience! You'll need that too..
Skills! You'll need them if you want to take down these opponents. Skills kills.
Server details said:
The Unofficial EU Warband Teamspeak 3 server: 217.208.132.68:8767 (no password)

The "Einherjar Duel Tournament"! In which a group of 16/32 will fight 1 on 1 battles (best of three) in two teams and the winner will climb the ladder and have another go against the winner from an other duel. The tournament will be a "double elimination" which means, if you fight and die, you still have a chance of a come back but you will have to struggle to get on top again. I will hopefully have a TS-server to organize this a tad better which will make it easier for me. Though, the TS server have to be capable of having 32 combatants at the same time.. Since I will have to write all the wins and losses down I can't always keep an eye on the screen an I will probably miss a lot if someone is speaking to me, hence the TS.
There will be two-four groups. Groups will be divided in-game, for my sanity's sake. I will write down all the names in-game, meaning all those who showed up, I'll add to my scheme-tree before the tournament starts, because it works out better for me and it will be more organized in the end. I know that now :razz:
The server we use, the Einherjar_Duel_Server, will be locked at 18.00 on the given day. The tournament however does not start until 18.30-19.00. Thus granting me the time to write up all the names, by hand, and let the stragglers the much needed time to get in and perhaps even have time for some warm up sessions.
If stragglers do appear they will end up in the bottom of the list. They will be denied from the tournament if they are too late and we already have started on our second round (that's when all participants already have fought one time each).
I will change the password if we end up having too much participants. We will only accept 32 fighters and a handful of extras (in case of game-crashes etc.)

doubleelim32.png

This is a serious duel contest and if you know you don't have the skills you should not enter the competition. I know I'm pretty much lousy and I won't get far so I will only supervise.
The winner! you will earn yourself a spot in the "Hall of Immortals" where you will stand, by your self until someone else OR if you defend your "new-high-stature" by winning again! This "hall" will be found in the "Einherjar Duel Server" thread. And probably here too.. All glorious results will be shown and epic fails as well. In the "combatants list" I will not only show who-finished-what but also how many wins and losses they've achieved.

June 25 July 9, 18.00 CET (London time)

List of combatants!

[list type=decimal]
[*]Sir_Jaakko - 22nd_Cpt_Jaakko_the_Sire
[*]Titanshoe - Shieldings_Titan_Khan
[*]Lord_T - Einherjar_Lord_T
[*]BJB - Einherjar_Bjordhinn
[*]Adkra001 - Rolf_Redbeard
[*]captain lust - CoR_Bun_captainlust_UK
[*]MaHuD - CoR_Hired_Blade
[*]Lord Willy - ab_Lord_Willy
[*]Sir Faldor - AB_Faldor
[*]saintsaintsaint - IG_Marquess_Saint
[*]Henk - 22nd_Mil_Henk
[*]Gobi_no_Houkou - Einherjar_Goblet
[*]Ferago - Ferago
[*]Tróndur í Gøtu - Trondur_i_Gotu
[*]Vizaresha - DR_Valgard
[*]
[/list]

List of Extras!

BlodsHammar - Einherjar_Blodshammar
corey43 - Shieldings_Corey
Madkat - Madkat
Sir Faldor - B_Faldor
kingofnoobia - OLL_TheNarrator
Black_Corsair - BlackCorsair_capo_RS
Skandinav - Einherjar_Angantyr
Joker_RS - Joker_levy_RS

The Black list
This is the hall of shame. People who sign up for the last tournament and did not show up or not in time.
They won't be able to sign up for the next tournament but they will be able to sign up as extras and extras only.
Even then they will be the last to pick from the extras..

Arryi
Mikito
Toxicity

Some times people forget, chicken out out some Internet-failure will force people from compete. That's why we need a list of Extras. People who will jump in. The list will filled with people who didn't quite make it in time to the list, people who wasn't so sure to join but will join if they need to and other scraps and such, like me :wink:

Please, give me feedback if I have missed some thing or if you have an opinion of what to do and such..

1st Tournament, 32 combatants, 26/03 2010
Weapons: One/Two-handed Swords
Faction: Swadia
[list type=decimal]
[*]OLL_TheNarrator - 10 kills 2 Deaths
[*]22nd_Hsc_Toxicity - 9 kills 2 Deaths
[*]22nd_Sqe_Jaakko_the_Sire 6 Kills 2 Deaths
[/list]

2nd Tournament, 32 combatants, 23/04 2010
Weapons: Any One-handed Weapon
Faction: Sarranids
[list type=decimal]
[*]Lezzard - 22nd_Baron_Lezard
[*]22nd_Earl_Ranger_Harlequin
[*]22nd_Hsc_Toxicity[/list]

3rd Tournament, 16 combatants, 28/05 2010
Weapons: Any weapon
Faction: Vaegir
[list type=decimal]
[*]Einherjar_Bjordhinn
[*]IG_Cpl_Saint
[*]Einherjar_Znurx
[/list]

4th Tournament, 16 combatants, 25/06 2010
Weapons: Two-handed swords
Faction: -
[list type=decimal]
[*]-
[*]-
[*]-
[/list]

Suggestions:
kingofnoobia said:
Looking forward to it :grin:!

I'd say 'best of three' fights are the best option. I suggest that both combatants use equal weapons the first two rounds (player one picks weapons in round 1, player 2 in round 2), and in the last round, both duelists can freely pick their weapon (but they will have to tell which weapon they pick though).

Just an idea, 3 rounds free weapon picks is fine too.
Black_Corsair said:
2BlodsHammar: single elimination system is completely doubtful.

For example, Toxicity could met Narrator in first round, and only the winner go further, while weak duellers will pass to second or even third round.

So imho it NEED to be double elimination system, in such way that even man with one defeat could win the tournament. (rules of double elimination system could be easily found in wiki or somewhere else).

And i m pretty sure, that ofc its impossible for u alone. But as i said, u can have helpers...

Looking forward to it :grin:!

I'd say 'best of three' fights are the best option. I suggest that both combatants use equal weapons the first two rounds (player one picks weapons in round 1, player 2 in round 2), and in the last round, both duelists can freely pick their weapon (but they will have to tell which weapon they pick though).

Just an idea, 3 rounds free weapon picks is fine too.

What is generally hard about elimination tournaments is that it's not easy to gather the exact number of players for it to actually start. I would say you allow a few more people to sign up than necessary, and let preselection fights (determined by the Einherjar hosts) decide who can get in. Or alternatively, if you have a very frustrating number of players, like 27 or so (way too much to set back to 16, 5 short of 32), you might want to use a score system, rather than elimination (if you win, you get a point), where everyone fights everyone once or twice.

Good idea, BlodsHammar. And cool that you organize this.

BlodsHammar said:
This is a serious duel contest and if you know you don't have the skills you should not enter the competition.
This is a good point, which is why I won't participate. But I'd love to spectate or see the results.

The suggestions of the Narrator sound good indeed.

Looking forward to it guys!  :smile: Hopefully I wont have to fight TheNarrator  :lol:, his and Ulf's duel the other day was just too epic!

FrisianDude said:
I'd love to play. Although, I don't really stand a half of a whit of a part of a tiny chance. :cry:
My percentage of wining a duel is almost 50/50. Some times 55/45 on a good day :razz:
I understand your hesitation. Are you in anyway..?

Cedric Ferguson said:
I may go for the fun and practice, but the problem is I don't use TS and the time zone difference may get a bit hairy on a Friday, assuming you guys are EU.
Well, our server is an EU-server and it's based in Sweden.
Time will be 19.00 GMT. Match will probably start 20.00. We will have to give people a chance to rally and such.
TS isn't hard to download..

Hey Plazek! You should get Harlequin too!

Well, with it being on Fridays when my internet isn't all that well and with my TS not actually letting me hear any voices (and I haven't got a microphone) I think I'll have to skip. Maybe I can be on in a later tournament. :smile:

No need for mic. I just want people to hear what I say so I can keep order and arrange the next duel.
However, I've made a "new" list where people can sign up if they want to be bench-warmers.
I will take place there and soon others might to. Reason for the list is as Narrator said before,
kingofnoobia said:
What is generally hard about elimination tournaments is that it's not easy to gather the exact number of players for it to actually start. I would say you allow a few more people to sign up than necessary, and let pre-selection fights (determined by the Einherjar hosts) decide who can get in. Or alternatively, if you have a very frustrating number of players, like 27 or so (way too much to set back to 16, 5 short of 32), you might want to use a score system, rather than elimination (if you win, you get a point), where everyone fights everyone once or twice.
So sign up here if you enjoy dueling but feel that you can't quite keep up with the masters of the field :wink:
We will need extras.

I'd love to join but I haven't figured out my TS yet, I'm not sure about my ping that moment and I'm likely to get my ass kicked a jillion times over before scoring a kill. :lol:

To make it all easier we'll skip the TS. I don't really want the responsibility of that and a lot of people don't use TS..
Everyone will have to be very aware of what I write then in-game :smile:

Awesome. Climbing the ladder doesn't matter all that much, I'm just hoping I won't drop with a spectacular failure  :lol:

"Strike coming from the left? Block right! That may sort of work."

Back
Top Bottom