EGWarband

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadians

clipboard01de.jpg
clipboard02gj.jpg
clipboard03n.jpg

Its coming along nicely, I bet I will be able to release the first test version this week.  :grin:

I've never bothered with multiplayer mods before, but I was a huge fan of EG back in Vanilla, so... is it possible to play this in singleplayer?

Sethaniel said:
I've never bothered with multiplayer mods before, but I was a huge fan of EG back in Vanilla, so... is it possible to play this in singleplayer?

no, at this time it is only a multiplayer mod.

first version is released.

Gonna put all of my feedback in this post.
To start, the vaegir's siege bow could use some speeding up, it is three times slower than the next bow, with only a slight damage increase.

Kolba said:
why are you so negative about it Kolba?

There are no real changes in WB, except addition of multiplayer. I'd rather call it M&B 1.050.

I agree that its not a whole new game, but there are some important things added like switching between weapon modes, which are very useful.

Alexandros said:
Gonna put all of my feedback in this post.
To start, the vaegir's siege bow could use some speeding up, it is three times slower than the next bow, with only a slight damage increase.

The slight damage increase allows it to puncture armor much better, and the key feature of the siege bow is not the damage but the power with which it releases the arrow, the arrows can travel very far without much dropping, so you can shoot enemies very far away. It is not meant for close or medium ranged combat. But I will increase its speed slightly, thanks for feedback.

James380 said:
Im guessing youre going to stick to this one and not make one like the original single player version?

Not soon certainly, perhaps in the future.

Thanks Chel. Been playing this mod for some hours (with bots). The best aspect of this is the sheer brutality: The battle sounds, the blood, and the enhanced combat system are all excellent. Some things that you could improve upon (imho):

- The Bear Clan could use a cavalry unit. True, it's roster already consists of some excellent quick light-footed infantry, but they don't really do a great job at fighting cavalry (especially Swadian knights..). Adding some kind of light skirmishing bear clan cav unit, which could act as a skirmisher, could even out the odds a bit more. They could use stakes etc., harrasing any heavier counterparts, or cut down infantry from behind.

Also, I think that the stakes' amount of ammo should be raised. They're the only thing with which Bear Clan infantry could sufficiently weaken heavy cavalry enough to neutralize them, and they're the only effective ranged weapons the Bear Clan have atm.

Idea: make one of their units have the option to buy primitive bows. My thoughts on this: crude, low damage output, but incredibely high reload speeds. Groups of these archers could significantly halt infantry and spam enemy archers.

- Nords seem to be the underdog in many of my games (bots vs bots), especially against Swadians and Rhodoks. I don't really understand why, as they got some nice armour and hard-hitting axe weapons. Maybe it's because of the lack of a real specialized archer unit. I advise you to look into this.

- In my personal opinion, cavalry could use a nerf alltogether. I never quite liked the speed of the horses in the mod (though no offence meant), and I don't really understand why you made them so fast. Maybe you could compromise the speed of the cavalry by increasing the time needed to reach maximum speed (if this is even possible), or make them to halt immediately after facing a mass of enemies. Also, a decrease in hitpoints wouldn't hurt here.

- The best arrows of the Veagir Rangers are not really worth the money (again imho), as there amount of ammo is really low. I understand that this has been balanced by added damage, but it really just doesn't make up for it. My suggestion is making the arrows cost ALOT, whilst having about, say, 15-20 ish ammo.

- I also strongly suggest making some low lvl equipment free of charge. Chances are high in this mod that you die (alot), and you'll lose money quickly. The result is that the less fortunate players won't be able to arm themselves and are forced to fight with their bare fists. While this sure improves the harsh atmosphere of the mod, it certainly won't invite new players to partake in battles.

Just my thoughts. I really look forward to hear more of this mod, could develop itself as one of the best MP mods out there.

Thanks a lot for a detailed reply MrExpandable.

The bots vs bots may not be a good indicator of balance, I know Swadian and Rhodok bot armies need a bit of a nerf, they get knights too often, which are meant to be rare but powerful units. I will fix that, and I will reduce the protection of armor vs cutting weapons (swords and bows) by 10%, so that plated units are not quite as strong (they still can be defeated very quickly with blunt weapons).

Nord Huscarls are quite good archers, perhaps the bots dont get the bows often enough, but I'll take a look.

The Khergit Warriors will also be given maces to help them deal with Swadians and Rhodoks.

The price of some starting items is too high, you are right, I already made a note of this and will fix it.

The very fast horses are only on Khergits, because they need them to maneuver around heavy enemies, Khergits themselves are rather fragile, as are their horses. Nords have some fast horses too, but I will reduce them, and will reduce the speed of all horses slightly. Hitpoints -- Compared to native, horses have less armor but slightly more hp, Swadian Warhorses -- yes they have tons of HP, but they are meant to be very rare, I will make them more expensive. Probably same for Rhodoks. So that if you spend 2000+ on a horse, it will not be killed from under you right away.

Bear Clan: Although all classes can get throwing stakes, the Bear Warriors are their dedicated ranged unit with 8 power throw (the rest have 4 power throw). And Bear Clan are so good at melee that I didnt want to give them a long ranged unit as well, they can beat almost any other unit in melee with ease, so they should be vulnerable at range. They can be ridden down with cavalry due to lack of helmets, but I think that's good -- cavalry is the counter to them. I will look at them closer, but would like to keep them unique and not give them a mounted option. Fast bows -- Khergits have that, so I don't want to repeat that with Bear Clan as well.

Vaegir arrows and bows do need some adjustements, thanks. What are your thoughts on the siege bow?

Chel said:
And Bear Clan are so good at melee that I didnt want to give them a long ranged unit as well, they can beat almost any other unit in melee with ease,
I must confess that I underestimated those guys quite alot. I was charging them with a group of Swadian infantry thinking we could easily rape them, with the result of being crushed under a huge maul of crude, yet effective weapons. And because Swadian armour is incredibely heavy, I often wasn't fast enough to help out my allies, and saw them killed in front of me. :???:

I played as the Bear clan from then on, and man are they awesome. I like running around the flank of my enemy while they're pinned down, throw some stakes at them before surging in to hack them apart. I'll never judge an enemy on their primitive weaponry again. They're like looters on steroids. :razz:

Chel said:
Vaegir arrows and bows do need some adjustements, thanks. What are your thoughts on the siege bow?
I haven't really looked at those, never used them. I did see the slow reload speed however. I understand that it's a perfect sniping weapon over long ranges. Judging on the name, I suggest the bow could be switched between 2 modes: one long-ranged mode, similar to how it works right now, and a short-ranged machinegun mode (lol), shooting alot of inaccurate arrows very fast, used to target masses of enemies at short range. Don't know if it's possible though.

I understand that you like to make the factions differ from one another in fighting style etc. Are you planning on adding the Onyx Brotherhood to the game? And if so, how are you going to make them? Because from how I experienced them in pre-1.011 M&B, they were like Swadians with higher stats and overall better looks. Are you planning on adding something new to them?

Also, have you though of adding new gameplay modes, like an invasion mode or something? I'd love to see how that could work out. The Fallen Ones could surely play a role in this. :grin:

why not tell me this great news, Chel!  I'd just find this cause I'm also busy with my own mod.  :'(

I'll open a host for you in China as soon as possible.....
  how to config your mod on server, such as factions and maps ?

Alixyang said:
why not tell me this great news, Chel!  I'd just find this cause I'm also busy with my own mod.  :'(

I'll open a host for you in China as soon as possible.....
  how to config your mod on server, such as factions and maps ?

Hi Alixyang :smile:
I saw the Chinese server, thanks! The best settings now would be Team Deathmatch/Battle with bots allowed, with probably 1400 starting gold. I hope to make a patch next week or the week after that will reduce the prices of some starting items, other fixes and new features.

Hi guys, I tryed to go on the server today, but there was only WB_EG3_CNS, and it had quite high ping and it wouldn't let me connect! There's also no players on it...Is there a different server I could try? Thanks :smile:

Back
Top Bottom