Editing Siege Sizes

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everybody! I'm wondering, is it possible to edit the spawn rate difference between field and siege battles? I noticed that in siege battles, a lot more units tend to spawn in than in field battles, and I'm wondering if there's a value that affects this. If so, where can I find it?

Do you mean the number of reinforcement waves? You can edit this in module_mission_templates.py,  look under  "castle_attack_walls_belfry" and "castle_attack_walls_ladder". Or you can change it using Tweakmb if you're just text-editing.

Thanks for the reply, but that isn't really what I'm looking for. If I have my battle size set to 150, around 250 units will spawn in during a siege. Needless to say, this is really frustrating in mods where sieges can be pretty resource-intensive. Is there any way to force the game to only spawn the amount of units specified in the battle size option? If I've set my battle size to 300, I don't want 500 units showing up during a siege, my PC can't handle that.

CrazyOldTeenager said:
If I have my battle size set to 150, around 250 units will spawn in during a siege.

1) Check the reinforcements waves. You can reduce their number, turn them off, etc. In special check the cutoff value (how many troops are alive before they spawn more, and how many)

The operation to keep a eye on is "add_reinforcements_to_entry"

2) Check each mission template. The base spawn value is set on the EP itseft

Code:
    "castle_attack_walls_belfry",mtf_battle_mode|mtf_synch_inventory,-1,
    "You attack the walls of the castle...",
    [
     (0,mtef_attackers|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,12,[]),
the 12 above influences the number of troops you get, and so on for other EPs and teams

3) Check your mod triggers and scripts to see if it has special rules for creating agents (other than 2)

Back
Top Bottom