Economy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Tigri

Recruit
sorry if ther'e other threads about it but im finding it really hard to get money i mean im king i got about 3 towns 5-6 castles spread to lords i keep villages (dunno if its wise? or should i give to lords) but i hardly get more then 10k while i play i loot regulary loose hell of a honor but still im with the starter adenian armor (or antarian on my other game) i find it really hard all those improvments and stuff ? how do u guys do it is there improved loot sub mod or anything :S

i tried tournaments put alot of money in bets
regular loots
sell lords kings

but still empty pockets dunno what i tryed other lol...and the merchants suck to little money...i would like somthing like improved loot or tournament bets higher merchant gold more :grin:

Sounds like you went too quickly into conquest.
I usually take a town and a castle and run around doing tournaments until i get good income from the land and then start taking more land. also try puting points into those fief management skills, because you may be penalized for having too many lands.

i got 6 administration and 6 intrigues i do tournaments now and then but to little income i wonder how to adjust the  bets or village loot its really hard its like 6k weekly wages

lol who said i got 10k income i mean even with all the looting and prisoner selling i never get more then 10k cause of expenses i cant buy any gear or anything :S it sucks 10k income would have been GREAATTT

To increase income you should increase looting (more to sell) and trade (more money when you sell). From the bandits sea raiders give you the best loot (in my opinion).
Make sure that your villages and cities have a good population and buildings that increase income (mill)
To increase the money on bets you might want to check TheMageLord's tweaks but you have to be careful as this mod already made changes here.

To reduce expenses you should also mostly use your faction troops because mercenaries cost 100% more and native troops cost 50% more. Other troops with normal upkeep are from the female troop tree and bandits. The elite mercenaries (Shaman, Norn and so on) also have normal upkeep.
Don't use mounted troops as a garrison, they also cost more (66% or so) and are not that good here.

I sepose taking two cities and their villages alone would give you something around 16k income. With 3 cities I was given around 10k each week so taking fewer fiefs may increase your income significally.
The more fiefs you have for your own, the less money you get from them over all.
Allso you might want to adjust edicts to increse taxation in cities and villages.

You can allways go around performing caravan rout selling vaegir furs to rhodoks in Veluca (~200 profit per fur) and then selling Valucian silks to Vaegirs (200-150) and meaby doing the same with Khergit Pottery. I often do so If I'am low on money.

And in the end, the BEST way to get a lot of money, is to go out on head-hunt with your 'companions' only. (Or take fresh army with you to give them some exp, just order to use blunt weapon and infrantry to stay in one place, they will use their hands otherwise.)
Give them blunt weapons and collect few 'heads' which you can sell to Ransom-Broker for quite a fortune.
Selling 40 mountain bandits will give you 1920 denars. In case of Sea Raiders its around 2560.  Some of other troops including mercenaries you could sell for more then 100 denars each. If you have looters, Ramon in ithir (or something) will give you 50 denars foe each, when normal Ransom-Broker would give you around 24.

Preferably dont have any castle for your own. It will help to stop Noble-Flood with which I had few problems lately... And I still do becouse of a bug in fief-managment, throught which I builded Knight Chapter in my towns -.-
You may allso limit garrison in your posessions. Good way of protecting yourself (before invasion I guess) is too give one or two villages of yours belonging to your towns, to new lords. They schould stay in the city more often.

Back
Top Bottom