Early Access Confirmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anybody have confirmed information about early access or beta actually happening before the end of 2018? I really would like to get the game as soon as possible, even if it isn't finished, I'm ok with paying full game price for the beta or early access version.

Etherius said:
Does anybody have confirmed information about early access or beta actually happening before the end of 2018?
Supposedly we will know tomorrow (thursday), they may talk about it in DevBlog Q&A. I think the game will be ready before 2019 ends so early access probably this year. Tomorrow, we shall see.

HawkyX said:
Supposedly we will know tomorrow (thursday), they may talk about it in DevBlog Q&A. I think the game will be ready before 2019 ends so early access probably this year. Tomorrow, we shall see.

Thank you for the reply. I hope we will get at least some information about early access or beta tomorrow, because last few DevBlogs wern't as interesting as they could be, but I suppose it had to be expected due to huge efforts TW put into Gamescom and they just didn't have enough time and/or energy for the Blog.

They posted the blog, my man!
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/76

Short Answer: Nope, dunno when.

Long answer:
"Will the game release in Early Access?
We feel that some form of Early Access would be beneficial for getting community feedback and balancing game elements. It would also allow dedicated fans to access the game sooner. Therefore our intention is to take this path at some point, however, we do not have a specific time frame for this."

Dragon239 said:

Long answer:
We feel that some form of Early Access would be beneficial for getting community feedback and balancing game elements. It would also allow dedicated fans to access the game sooner. Therefore our intention is to take this path at some point, however, we do not have a specific time frame for this."

I am guessing early access will come out sometime around 2020.

Dragon239 said:

Long answer:

Educated guess answer: they won't do any EA in any desirable date, so they keep avoiding giving an ETA, meaning that it could take 2 years, or 5, or another 8, nobody knows.
Addendum information collected from the last Blog:
Bannerlord's most daring and coolest features were cut by half, meaning that it'll be Warband with graphics and an actual siege system, other than that I wouldn't expect anything but what we already have.

All of this made me lose the hype completely, I mean, more likely that I'll be happier with KCD (after all DLC are released for it) for SP and Mordhau for MP than this... My wild guess is that BL will be a bad game saved by the community due to modding support (just following on Bethesda's shadow)

Bannerlord's most daring and coolest features were cut by half

Stop overexaggarating. Cutting off building castles will not destroy Bannerlord, and if you really wanted to build a castle, you can download a modeling software like Blender or the modding tools that will come with Bannerlord on release and make your own castle, then plop it on the map somewhere.

Community needs:
gJmXZs7.png

Odradek said:
Community needs:
gJmXZs7.png

hahahaha I've loved this man  :lol:

Anyway, that's basically it, the longer it takes to get BL released the more demanding the community will become, and the game, if not met by these demands, will be considered mediocre when it hits release.

And make no mistake, I'm one of those people.  :roll:

R4MPZY said:
xdj1nn said:
Bannerlord's most daring and coolest features were cut by half
Please don't tell me you're talking about building a Castle, and joining a minor faction will probably be a dlc.

Yes, building castles or even having any meaningful changes in scenes when upgrading fiefs. It also seems that we cannot own villages altogether anymore, which is a huge step-back from WB.
Oh, destructible buildings in sieges' also gone. With many other things that I can't remember atm.
In sum, the main reason why BL website lacks "features" listed there is because all of the "features" that were hinted ages ago are most likely gone, and I have a feeling that we'll get warband 2.0, not a new installment with significant changes. :facepalm:

You don't need to "white knight" TW, it's pointless  :lol:

xdj1nn said:
Yes, building castles or even having any meaningful changes in scenes when upgrading fiefs. It also seems that we cannot own villages altogether anymore,
Conjecture
xdj1nn said:
which is a huge step-back from WB.
Not really
xdj1nn said:
Oh, destructible buildings in sieges' also gone.
Conjecture
xdj1nn said:
With many other things that I can't remember atm.
I think I'm going to need a list of said things with actual proof of them being "gone".
xdj1nn said:
In sum, the main reason why BL website lacks "features" listed there is because all of the "features" that were hinted ages ago are most likely gone, and I have a feeling that we'll get warband 2.0, not a new installment with significant changes. :facepalm:
Very conjecture
xdj1nn said:
You don't need to "white knight" TW, it's pointless  :lol:
Oof

Actually I don't see any reason for TW not to tell us the approximate date of EA at least, because there won't be so much hassle compared to the delay of actual release.

Ok, you(TaleWorlds) don't want to take risks abot this, at list give something, even not very precise date would suffice to placate the community like: "We will open early access sometime before the end of May 2019.", but no, they had to use some vague sentences to address the question that a lot of people would like to be answered with more details.  :facepalm:

They won't give you something until they are (largely) certain. Seems to be the only option to avoid the accussation of lying for not meeting an estimate.

Looking at the machine parameters used in Köln the game is far from optimised. When its done, it would be good to try before buy. Just to be sure that my computer won't auto surrender to five looters.

Back
Top Bottom