[e1.0.1] Workshop Income Cap

Users who are viewing this thread

Before I start, I'd like to say if a dev could respond to this to clear the confusing air, it would be greatly appreciated by a lot of us who are bewildered at the moment.

In the recent patch, many of you may have noticed the following line:

"Capped daily workshop income at 200."

In some part I can understand this. I've seen people making thousands upon thousands from a workshop, but I feel this has been capped HARD. My most pressing question is, is this a temporary fix until workshop incomes are fixed properly, or a permanent one? If it is a temporary one to fix prices and how workshops run, I think we could all live with that. Balancing it to how it was done in warband is good.

If it is a permanent feature then that is very concerning. At least in bannerlord, 200 isn't a huge amount, and although I haven't seen the price to create a workshop (others are free to comment about that below) if it has anything to go by with warband, the investment is just not worth it. I wouldn't be completely against a cap, perhaps something like a 1000 for the best workshops and roughly 350-650 on average one would make from a workshop but having a hard cap of 200 sort of renders workshops useless. Let me know what you guys think below.

I have to say that I am also concerned about the cap. Right now, it feels like a plaster on the wound, which initially does not solve the problem.

I have to admit that I was abusing the ‘Wood Workers’ enterprise in three different settlements to my own benefit. It gave me around 10k - 30k per day, which was insane. Were many would say it kills the immersion of the game, I used it to get a better understanding of the game. Logically the devs fixed it. After the patch I only received 600 per day, which is fine for one 80+ standing army, but, I assume, this is not enough for the late-gameplay.

To get back to your topic I agree with your example. During the hours of playing bannerlord I tried many enterprises in different settlements. Most of the enterprises were making around 50-300 denars per day the max and based on the market, different enterprises would make more money in specific settlements. So was a blacksmith good for 400 - 1000 denars per day in a specific settlement, were other enterprises would make less money. This would be something were I can live with, eventhough I have not figured out yet why specific enterprises make more money than others in specific settlements. The correlation between local markets and enterprises is vague and needs more research before I can judge. Maybe others have a better understanding of the correlation, if there is even one,

Other than that, I unfortunately have not controlled a village/castle/settlement yet, so I can not clearly say whether the income from those places iterate with your overal expenses.
It indeed does not look like much, however in relative to variabel incomes would it still be a small amount? I also wonder how the income of enterprises is made.

We literally have a thread about it with 3 pages 4 slots down haha. TL;DR from ours was you should cap the % increase from a set amount (300-400) so it's hard to go past that NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

Or, hard cap the income, but remove the cap on how many workshops you can have

We literally have a thread about it with 3 pages 4 slots down haha. TL;DR from ours was you should cap the % increase from a set amount (300-400) so it's hard to go past that NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

Or, hard cap the income, but remove the cap on how many workshops you can have
this

also btw the price for workshops is around 15k since u asked Cpt Obv, which seems high, and i dont like the caps and limits and want them removed eventually(its just a quick fix for now), but still even 800 passive from 4 workshops would support a sizeable army.

this

also btw the price for workshops is around 15k since u asked Cpt Obv, which seems high, and i dont like the caps and limits and want them removed eventually(its just a quick fix for now), but still even 800 passive from 4 workshops would support a sizeable army.
Hmm is that for ALL workshops? If so that needs changing too. As someone above said, depending on what you're making, and your potential profits, it should adjust how much set-up costs are. In warband, I'm sure 15k was close to the top tier velvet shop and even then I only remember making 1k from it.

Do you all realize you can sell the workshops for a ridiculous amount as it generates capital like no other, by a workshop for 15k, hold for like 10 days and sell for like 150k.

Hmm is that for ALL workshops? If so that needs changing too. As someone above said, depending on what you're making, and your potential profits, it should adjust how much set-up costs are. In warband, I'm sure 15k was close to the top tier velvet shop and even then I only remember making 1k from it.
You need to keep in mind warband had weekly budgets, and so dividing by 7 ur getting pretty much same amounts. The costs are around 15k, i think maybe 10-20k maybe, havent tried but one which was 13k. But yeah they are broken if you sell them for 150k, didnt know that, obviously shouldnt take advantage of game breaking bugs like that if u wanna play fairly rn

I feel 200 is too low a cap. Around 500 or so feel could be more acceptable. I have a small force of 27 soldiers and one workshop can't cover the daily cost for wages despite paying 14k for it.

I believe that a lower income from workshops is good. A single workshop shouldn't cover your expenses, not even for a small army. You are used to warband where enterprises cover all your costs and also give you insane profits, which I don't feel is realistic at all. A couple of enterprises shouldn't cover the whole costs of literally an army on the daily, or it should barely cover that. It's not even fun if that's the one and only way to make big money, there should be more options to make money and they should all add up slowly. There are already more casual mods being developed, from what I saw like being able to reroll the tournament reward, which personally I just don't understand but I guess that's what some of the community wants, easy and quick games. I don't get it, but I hope at least the base game stays more hardcore focused and keeps quite a bit of difficulty about it, or grindiness if you want to call it that, if anything put an option for those that want an easier experience just like with the damage options, otherwise it would ruin the game for the other part of the player base that actually likes more of a challenge, myself included. I love to grind my way up, it's a LOT more rewarding than getting it easily.

A small edit: It's easy to make money once you gain a bit of experience and get good armor to start winning tournaments. I don't even have points in combat skills, and I can still win almost every tournament now and I'm in great armor, which makes it a lot easier. If you win more expensive rewards it's even quicker. A few tournaments, a few good trades (buying for low and selling to high), after grinding some looters at the beginning, and you can already easily buy a workshop, so I don't feel it is in any way shape or form justified for it to give insane amounts of income since it's so easy to actually get if you put in some time and effort into it.

Edit 2, final: I just won over 1k from a tournament so quickly, they're so easy right now fully armored. Horse sells for 900 only by itself. And the tournaments are so close by each time that it's so easy to spam them, sell some goods between cities, buy some workshops for a bit of passive income as well, and it's a very nice clean buildup. And I'm not even 150 days in, so not even half a year, of course it isn't realistic to get so much done like having your whole army paid by a workshop in such short of a time. I truly hope the grindiness stays because this is what really makes it fun, this is what mount and blade is about - starting as a nobody, rock bottom, and slowly earning your keep. That's the best thing about it and these kinds of games in general in my personal opinion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom