Dye Works most profitable in Calradia?

Users who are viewing this thread

I always build dyeworks everywhere except in Jelkala.Its not profitable there.Some cities have alternatives too.Like ironworks in Curaw.

The stupid thing about Dye works is that it works even if there is no resources nessasary to operate it are present on local market. This means that city AI does not produce velvet, which makes it extreamly valuable in that city. It even covers high operation costs.

It's quite universal, though sometimes ironworks, wool/linen weavery or wine/oil press are more profitable in short term, considering lesser construction cost and possibility to go in war with host faction.

I've seen people pushing dyeworks a lot, but when I wandered around to setup industries I noticed that they're focusing solely on the monthly return and amount of effort.

You need to factor in how much you're paying. So, a dyeworks that costs 10,000 and pays 600 will pay for itself in 17 weeks. But if another industry that costs 4000-6000 and pays 500 consistently will pay for themselves in far less time.

It's also easier to find cheap resources for other industries than dyeworks. So, if you find flax, wool, iron, etc., dirt cheap somewhere then you can buy a ton and dump it into your industry to make tons of money.

I'm only on my second game, so don't know if the kingdom resources are static, but I've been able to setup industries in 60% of the towns that net 700-900 a week and only require restocking every month or so. Only one dyeworks in Halmar.

Edit note: I've also found people will put an industry in a city that has it's cheap resource. I think this is a mistake. You're better off putting the industry in a nearby town and move the cheap resource yourself, otherwise the price of the resource seems to increase with time in the town.

Setting up shop where the raw materials are cheap can be ridiculously profitable if you don't sell locally. Also, I've had an Ironworks in Curaw for a very long time and the prices flucuate normally for me when I but for a load to another town or to stock me operation on 81 denar Iron. Luck of the draw I guess.

Also when buying I used to wait til the peasants left the town mid morning or so. Prices seem to reset then, like they dropped it off and the demenad went down. The timing seems off some in the latest patch so I don't know. That's how I routinely get my hands on 80-120 denar Iron and make loads off it early game.

As far as Dye works. I only have one. I look at how much it's going to cost me. For the price of starting one up, I can start a few other businesses that add up to more weekly income, plus spread my operation around so I'm not prone to sequestration.

One last thing to note. Prices get all jacked up by wars I think. So don't think you are on top of the world dropping 6000 for something that's a good return now if it doesn't make sense. It's not gonna last and will normalize when peace hits again.  If things are right, at least 2 of the Sarranid towns out do a dye works with just some linen I think. One of the last 2 options.

I think dyeworks only is good when you're not managing stock yourself. I found an ironworks in uxhall supplied with cheap (100ish) iron from Dhirim to be very profitable and the stock holds for many weeks. Also I'm a fan of transporting flax from sargoth to supply a linen place in another city. So basically, I think you'd be mad not to have a couple of linenworks and 2-3 ironworks if you're planning on doing any manual stocking.

Krald said:
I think dyeworks only is good when you're not managing stock yourself. I found an ironworks in uxhall supplied with cheap (100ish) iron from Dhirim to be very profitable and the stock holds for many weeks. Also I'm a fan of transporting flax from sargoth to supply a linen place in another city. So basically, I think you'd be mad not to have a couple of linenworks and 2-3 ironworks if you're planning on doing any manual stocking.

There you go! unless you're saving to equip 30+ companions (companion mod) then you really want the revenue stream, and dyeworks is best in the long term if you are not stocking.

curaw, dhirim and ahmerad always ironworks. I get about 650 from each.

wine is cheap and does good in some sarranid cities as wel.

wool cloth and linen are wothwile in other as wel.

I always try to help the city at the same time. Example: how is trade here? we have shortages of bla bla bla bla and wool cloth, then i make wool cloth (when they dont need wool) because it helps the city and it helps me ^^ (i'm a good guy aint i?)

What happens to the factory if you declare war to the cities faction?
Will they destroy it, or will the goods be confiscated or something like dat?

I have a dieworks in every city and I normally get about 10K/week.  It's simple and mindless.  Sometimes when you stock your own place you are better off buying and selling yourself.

Velax said:
You receive no money while the war is ongoing, but get income again once the war is over.

Here's a qestion though, if you have them setup to build stock, do they still do that?

Not sure. It would make sense they wouldn't, as the faction you're at war with should just confiscate the goods, but who knows what actually happens in the game.

iffy said:
I have a dieworks in every city and I normally get about 10K/week.  It's simple and mindless.  Sometimes when you stock your own place you are better off buying and selling yourself.
1+

You might say that it will take far more time to earn it back but when you have set up a dye work in every town in Calradia you will recieve around 10k+ a week.

So in 22 weeks you will get the total of gold you spend back to you for ALL the dye works instead of 16 weeks for just 1 dye work.

Think big, It earns you more.

killer-blead said:
iffy said:
1+

You might say that it will take far more time to earn it back but when you have set up a dye work in every town in Calradia you will recieve around 10k+ a week.

So in 22 weeks you will get the total of gold you spend back to you for ALL the dye works instead of 16 weeks for just 1 dye work.

Meanwhile, someone that mixes based off economy and stocks cheap resources once a month, makes 24k+ a week.

You're not thinking big, you're thinking lazy.

Mallissin said:
killer-blead said:
iffy said:
1+

Meanwhile, someone that mixes based off economy and stocks cheap resources once a month, makes 24k+ a week.

1) Would love to see a screen shot

2) You're damned right. We're not playing Patrician for heavens sake!

Mallissin said:
killer-blead said:
iffy said:
1+

If you're a dedicated trader, maybe you can get something like that. But for a ruler or vassal who can't waste his time, it is much more profitable to build dyeworks everywhere, since you have other things to manage.

Mallissin said:
killer-blead said:
iffy said:
1+

Depends if you're willing to twat around half the week delivering resources all over the place. I'd say most people, me included, just want to stab stuff.

Back
Top Bottom