Resolved Duplicating Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems as if the names of companions are randomly generated, however I have seen multiple copies of the same companions in the game world. I have successfully made a company consisting of Lek the Fish, Lek the Fish, Shemyr the Lucky and Tanir the Lucky.
It also appears there are no followers for the Aserai or Khuzaite factions (and only one for Vlandia). Is this intentional, or an issue due to the randomly generating companions?

I have just encountered the same general issue, but the companion may have been the same model as well (slight difference). Here is my experience:

Summary: Companion Sittacea the Wronged was found in a tavern in Syronea with a hireable companion of the same name/looks.

How to Reproduce:
  • First, hire at least one companion, though more may be needed to trigger the bug.
  • It gets a bit cloudy here as I am not certain what triggers the duplicate, but I do know some details about the original companion. I will note the events that I know happened to this companion:
    • I made her leader of a party
    • She may have been a part of one of the armies I led and disbanded
    • She was taken prisoner by Khada of the Khuzaits at one point
    • She was taken prisoner by Mesui of the Khuzaits at one point.
  • Past that, I went to pick her up at her current location in Syronea's tavern when I found the duplicate lounging in the same tavern...
  • Both seem to be the same character with only minor differences, aside from age Screenshots are the spoilers below PC specs. Wise = current companion, Fair = duplicate.
  • Similarities:
    • Same name
    • Similar facial structure
    • Similar eyebrows (as far as I can tell anyway due to hair) and hair color (possibly due to age or hairstyle?)
    • Same eye shape/eye color/mouth/nose
    • Similar skills (Wise has more showing due to time as a companion I believe)
    • Same traits
    • Same culture
    • Same Occupation
    • Oddly enough: Same relation to my character (a whole 2!)
  • Differences:
    • Skin tone (possibly due to age?): The Wise is slightly more tan than the Fair
    • Hair: They have different hairstyles, though I do not remember what the Wise looked like when I first acquired her.
If I could remember the story of Sittacea the Wise, I would compare that as well but, unfortunately, I acquired her early on and do not recall her past.

Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Found in Syronea
Version: Currently on 1.0.10.
Media (Screenshots & Video): See spoilers below PC specs

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H 2.2GHz
RAM: 32 GB DDR4
Motherboard: Micro-Star MS-16Q4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 970 EVO 2 TB

fmCUz.jpg

gHX5L.jpg

Apologies for the helm, but there really wasn't any way that I knew of to remove it from her without taking her from the tavern.

LHuIN.jpg

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom