Dual monitor help

Users who are viewing this thread

Frosty

Grandmaster Knight
Hey,

I have two monitors and I've been wanting to get them working on the same machine for some time, one of them is a newer 1920 x 1080 monitor which I'll use for gaming and the other one is an older 1440 x 900 monitor which I'll use for browsing etc...

I have many cables and have tried different ways...

I have a HDMI cable that only connects to the 1920 x 1080 monitor into my graphics card, but that makes my screen colours weird and fuzzy (and it also won't display the whole screen on the monitor even though it says 1920 x 1080 in display settings) the other monitor would be connected via VGA to DVI into my graphics card, this works and lets me have two monitors, but I don't want my colours to be messed up on the gaming monitor.

I tried connecting one monitor via VGA to DVI (into my graphics card) and the other one VGA to VGA into my motherboard, but then only one monitor works :/

Anyone experienced in this? Need help! Thanks.

If your GPU doesn't have two connectors on it I don't think this is possible since having one in your monitor would mean you would have to basically 'switch' to that monitor to use it.

Hmmm, I looked around more, I believe I have two DVI, one HDMI and one display port in my graphics card, I have two VGA to DVI cables, but the only fit in the FIRST DVI slot in my card, the other is designed for another DVI type which I have, but I don't have one that connects to a VGA port...  :roll:

The one I need is one that doesn't have the four pins at the end.

Analog DVI has the 4 prongs around the .... plug thingy. heh.

Adapters exist for both digital and analog DVI ports.

If your monitors have DVI ports, I would try using a different cable before the adapters.

I can probably find a digital VGA to DVI then, but what I don't get is when I try my HDMI cable makes my screen colours all weird and I have no idea how to fix it.

Sliding my resolution down fits everything on the screen and the odd colour bug is gone, seems to be a problem with the higher resolutions.  :neutral: I tried and take screenshots of the colours, but when I do it just changes back to normal for everyone else viewing them...

HDMI sometimes does that with the colors. I've never found a resolution to it, unfortunately, aside from replacing the cable and sometimes that doesn't help either.

Back
Top Bottom