Does Bannerlord distinguish commoners from nobles like Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Been thinking about this. I don't think it does.

I always start as a common peasant woman, because every playthrough of mine is a Maoist power fantasy, and nobody gives me any guff and I was able to marry some noble lord without any hassle.

It seems like by having that distinction it can serve as a cool feature for lots of gameplay elements (ie gotta be a noble to recruit young nobles initially, perhaps bandits and the like won't follow commoners? Maybe commoners have better trade connections but nobles have way bigger boosts to relations? Tons of ideas to play with there).

Also, given the execution mechanic, if we had a class distinction mechanic we could do a french revolution playthrough and execute every noble. Robespierre playthrough anyone?

According to the encyclopedia and the fact that we start off with a banner, we apparently always begin as nobles. It seems like they're trying to get us more involved with the main quest, but I hope the sandbox and story mode become separate options in the future.

Some distinction between the two social classes would be very interesting though. However, I'd imagine that thieves and bandits would actually accept commoners as their leader rather than a pampered noble. Maybe the job opportunities could be expanded too for players wishing to play as the lower classes(ex: actually serving as a soldier in a lord's party, volunteering for the town watch and fighting crime in the alleys, etc.).

I'd imagine those types of jobs would be more fit for mods, but it would be interesting to see. :grin:

they kinda butchered this side of things. You don't start as a noble, you just claim yourself to be one and somehow everyone just goes along with it... Not to mention that apparently a dirty rag that had to be sewn together from pieces scattered in some bandit hovels is enough to give you enough gravitas to become the emperor and nobody really points it out...

I hope we will get to have a commoner start, without a banner and without brothers and sisters, just a backstory like in Warband, and thrown into the sandbox. Getting to choose a noble banner in Warband was an achievement and an important midgame point. I am afraid that they streamlined it, but we shall see

A sandbox option would be a simple thing for them and it has been in every game to date, I don't think you have to worry about whether or not it will eventually be included.

But I don't think it's their priority at the moment.

also troops are highborn / common
most troops are commoners but you can recruit elite troops who are lored to be sons of nobles and such and they are much harder to recruit and you need good reputations with villages and towns to be able to recruit them

most troops are commoners but you can recruit elite troops who are lored to be sons of nobles and such and they are much harder to recruit and you need good reputations with villages and towns to be able to recruit them
I think it's just random who gets it, or maybe dependent on the notables power level.

A sandbox option would be a simple thing for them and it has been in every game to date, I don't think you have to worry about whether or not it will eventually be included.

But I don't think it's their priority at the moment.

Oh yeah, its not urgent, I just want to be able to (eventually) do the full rise to power from obscure peasant origins.

That and NO GODS NO MASTERS playthrough is a must.

they kinda butchered this side of things. You don't start as a noble, you just claim yourself to be one and somehow everyone just goes along with it... Not to mention that apparently a dirty rag that had to be sewn together from pieces scattered in some bandit hovels is enough to give you enough gravitas to become the emperor and nobody really points it out...
The fact that you have a tendency to violently curbstomp anyone who does point it out doesn't necessarily help

Back
Top Bottom