Does anyone else wonder why.....?

Users who are viewing this thread

1st. of all I want to say how much I love this game. I discovered it at Gamers Gate several weeks ago and have been playing it to death. I had not heard of this game before then. I can see there should be a long life expectancy for it. Now on to my question. Does anyone else wonder if/why there is a hotkey for upgrading a number of troops with a single click? Similar to the cntrl click for moving items to the other side of the trade screen or troops to and from garrisons. What I am looking for is if there is a way to turn 150 Swadian recruits into 150 Swadian malitia with a single mouseclick (for example)  or must I wear my mouse out upgrading 100's of troops 1 at a time? This is my only pet peeve with this otherwise masterpeice of a game.

I'm not sure if there is a hotkey for that.
However you usually have upgrade between 4-20 troops depending on battle, your troops, allies efforts etc. etc.

I wish there was a hotkey or shortcut key for that.  All of my heroes have training skill at 5.  When midnight comes around my entire army of recruits suddenly upgrades all at once!  Very cool but also a big pain in the neck to click once per soldier.  I feel your pain.

Well, there's an upgrade button for each choice. So a <hotkey>-click on the desired button would make sense.

There is also a reset button to undo changes within the screen. Isn't there? Or is that just char screens?

No you can reset your choices before you exit the party window. Although once you exit, its final I think. I'm actually surprised the developers didn't put a hotkey in. A lot of people were asking for one during development.

Perhaps your version differs from mine, but I found that ctrl+click automatically upgrades all soldiers in that particular stack.
It's the same for disbanding and garrisoning.

Blaze said:
Perhaps your version differs from mine, but I found that ctrl+click automatically upgrades all soldiers in that particular stack.
It's the same for disbanding and garrisoning.

Which version is yours? There's no such thing in 1.010 and in earlier versions. It's been suggested many times though.

Just tried it in 1.003 and cntrl plus click did not work for upgrading but DID for garrison changes, which for me is even more important. That is a big help!

Well... I was just playing version .202 just for the fun of it - and it has an "upgrade all" button. Seriously! And that upgrading system works just fine. There a two buttons: the normal "upgrade" one beside the "upgrade all", so there is no problem with troop branching.
Guess the developers just thought it was too practical and easy to use?

Zandman said:
Well... I was just playing version .202 just for the fun of it - and it has an "upgrade all" button. Seriously! And that upgrading system works just fine. There a two buttons: the normal "upgrade" one beside the "upgrade all", so there is no problem with troop branching.
Guess the developers just thought it was too practical and easy to use?

I wouldn't mind an option to automatically upgrade regular troops, only giving you a choice in the matter when the upgrade branches.

Gerin said:
I wouldn't mind an option to automatically upgrade regular troops, only giving you a choice in the matter when the upgrade branches.

I've wanted that for a long time. There are very few troops that I would hold back from upgrades, and I'd just as soon disband them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom