Do you think that Bannerlord will come out of early access in seven months?

Users who are viewing this thread

On the Steam page TaleWorlds says that early access will last about a year. Five months have already passed.
Is is realistic that Bannerlord gets its full release in seven months?

If they continue at the same pace they have in the past month or so, I think yes. However, I think they will probably finish all the groundwork with only a couple months left to try and create more depth within the existing mechanics, story, and culture. They have said they will stay in EA for as long as it takes to complete their vision for the game. Is that vision going to be exactly what everyone wants? Well, a lot of people seem to want different things, so it will be impossible to please everyone. I think the end product will align with a lot of peoples wants and expectations, but not everyone's, and perhaps not most. Those folks will then go and create mods to complete their own vision, and eventually we will have lots of choices and most will get what they want.

does "out of early access" mean "the end of content updates"? (or at least the end of free ones?)

if not, then would it even change anything?

If they continue at the same pace they have in the past month or so, I think yes. However, I think they will probably finish all the groundwork with only a couple months left to try and create more depth within the existing mechanics, story, and culture. They have said they will stay in EA for as long as it takes to complete their vision for the game. Is that vision going to be exactly what everyone wants? Well, a lot of people seem to want different things, so it will be impossible to please everyone. I think the end product will align with a lot of peoples wants and expectations, but not everyone's, and perhaps not most. Those folks will then go and create mods to complete their own vision, and eventually we will have lots of choices and most will get what they want.

I feel the same way.

We'll be lucky if all the perks are working by next March.

Seriously, after all these years of closed development and 5 months of EA, I can't think of one area of the game that feels "done". Pretty much every single game system still needs a ton of work. I think its gonna be a looong slog.

The development so far has felt really slow beacuse of the code refractor, which took 2 months. So we got something more like 3 months of development instead of 5 months. Taking that into account the progress hasn't been that bad but I still think it's more set to realse in summer/autmn of 2021 instead of march.

Sure, full release is whatever they state it is and their current roadmap/plan for the game is well on the way to being what they said they'd give. Will it be what many people are for some reason expecting? definitely not. Have a look around in some threads and you'll find these unrealistic optimistic views for where the game is going to be 7-10 months from now. I don't know if they're just being extra shilly or if they actually expect huge new core features but it's damn unrealistic regardless.

But yeah in about 7-10 months I'm sure the game will be released or close to it.

Yes, haven't they said even with the refactoring they are still on pace. I just think the game just won't have the depth we think. These placeholders will be turned on buy not expanded.

EA is on track.

Yes, I think they will meet the deadline and announce that EA time is over in 7 months time.

There will be plenty of people whining the game isn't finished or lacks mechanics at the time they will anounce it.

TW will release a stable version with all curently known or slightly altered mechanics plus maybe a couple of new ones. But this would not be grand rework to what we experience today. Which is fine in my opinion.

We'll be lucky if all the perks are working by next March.

Seriously, after all these years of closed development and 5 months of EA, I can't think of one area of the game that feels "done". Pretty much every single game system still needs a ton of work. I think its gonna be a looong slog.

Someone posted the Staff numbers, and only about 8/70 staff are actually programmers. The rest are Admin, Art Design, and other "fluff" positions like community manager.

I think when people hear "Taleworlds has 70 employees!" they think that its a decently sized company with many programmers. I was shocked to find they have less than 10 (12 at most) which explains why the coding itself can be slow. Not to mention the fact they stopped at some point to build a new engine, then had to redevelop everything for said engine.

I think people need to reign in their expectations a bit, to more realistic goals. This is not a company like rockstar that has 100+ Programmers, and can just hire on 100+ more for a couple crunch months.

I'm not at all saying the game shouldn't improve or anything of the sort, just that perhaps people aren't fully aware of the actual team logistics. I certainly wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom