Do you like/dislike zero wages payment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everybody,
As the subject suggests, I would like to pin out the fact players don't have cost for army and garrisons.

In my opininion as it is now, the lack of necessity to find money wastes the fun in the long run.
Straiving for income is part of the strategy and so I hope things will change in the next update.

What about your opinion?

It makes sense. However it should be adjusted so it doesn´t happen unless you are part of a nation´s army and maybe cover only a certain amount depending on your rank.

keep it as it is its perfect...gives the houl era compering to the other mods with other era and the way the army system work like this mod is clearly in a more edvanced era
dont think me as an officer of an army of a nation sould deal with this payments for each and evry soldier..this is not the dark  ages..

I remember Docm30 mentioned something about possibly adding some sort of economy so there would be a limit to the amount of troops the state can fund.

inb4 "he also mentioned adding unicorns."

I'd like a system where you recieve wages depending on your party size and skill and with those wages you pay your own troops. Would be a lot more realistic.

I'm by no means an expert but, they way the system works its that the gov./Kingdom pays for the army, a sergeant earning 10 francs wouldn't be able to pay for the men he leads. So in this sense its historically accurate. For some people to be set at ease, adding a system were you see whats going on behind the scenes when you get paid would be beneficial, like say you have this instead:

wages for this party 1250 Francs
Kingdom of France payed 1260 Francs
wages for Players Rank 10 Francs
total ending balance      10 Francs

:grin: my two cents

There's nothing wrong with the concept and it's appropriate to the mod. The gameplay issue is that it makes lower tier troops obsolete, especially when they upgrade quite quickly. Maybe the simplest approach is to tweak upgrade experience values so higher tier units are more rare.

oppai said:
I'm by no means an expert but, they way the system works its that the gov./Kingdom pays for the army, a sergeant earning 10 francs wouldn't be able to pay for the men he leads. So in this sense its historically accurate. For some people to be set at ease, adding a system were you see whats going on behind the scenes when you get paid would be beneficial, like say you have this instead:

wages for this party 1250 Francs
Kingdom of France payed 1260 Francs
wages for Players Rank 10 Francs
total ending balance      10 Francs

:grin: my two cents

And the nation pays you the exact number of men a sergeant should maintain and command. And a little extra for other things.

Docm30 said:
There's no use in discussing whether or not you like something that's a temporary stopgap.
Well it's mainly because they have no clue what the non-stopgap measure is.
I don't remember what that was supposed to be, or if you even told us about that.
So uh... Plans? Or are you going to wait to tell us about something you haven't finished or worked on yet.

A. Protokletos said:
Yes. Officers didn't pay their troops out of their own pocket.

What if i am not a part of any country? A group of skirmishers just hunting bandits.
No upkeep really spoils the fun in late stages, since you have lots of cash but nowhere to spend it.

I like the fact the troop wages are paid, maybe Doc can integrate the option to switch that off and on for people that don't approve or want a different experience.

Back
Top Bottom