Do you like a new magic mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

虽然想问问需不需要2D美工……然而不幸的是,我得先应付期末考试 = =|||
希望过年的时候能够玩到这个mod XD

although i wanna be your 2D artist ...... unfortunately, I had to deal with final exams first= = | | |
i hope that its able to play this mod on chunjie XD

killop5 said:
Downloading... Mabye I need to learn Chinese :razz:
嗯,这是个不错的主意
学习中文会非常有用,而且它本身也很有趣
尤其是关于诗词歌赋的方面
我保证那是你能在地球上找到的最好的诗句了
它们中的每一个字可都有数千年的历史

要去上课了,闪人

ah, this is a great idea
Chinese is useful, and also very interesting
the most interesting things is about 诗词歌赋(Shi Ci Ge Fu)
I can promise that you can never find some poems better than them on earth
cause every word of them has a history of thousands of years

ive to go to university, c u

killop5 said:
Downloading... Mabye I need to learn Chinese :razz:
No, you don't, cause nothing in this mod is actually chinese, accept the spell names in battle (in the character reports there is an english list) i'm not chinese and i played it with no trouble :mrgreen:

I love the idea and i have always wanted magic introduced into the game but i'll just make a couple of suggestions.

In the magic tree can you add necromancing, it's raising the dead and stuff. Pretty cool.

thanks

I understand everythink, except one! How the hell can I buy a wand?????? Where, and how much is that costs? Is there any tipe of starting where you get a wand instantly?

Ps: Sorry, I'm quite poor in ENglish...:sad:

Really Good Work. :wink: But what version for? And i think now there will be from now a lot of magic "minor" mods.

I fixed some bug, and I finished 'AI magic system'.
Max.Pain is helping me to  translate it.
Just wait.
wtzttrhzthdvthhywtwwvzstrtvyhrrzvyyzh.gif

Fireball - Wizard in Zendar in tower.
Cure - Go to the guild master in Praven and theres a wall with a gap. The wizard is in there.
Wave - At Jelkala as you go throguh the main gate theres some aldders to your right. Go up them and the wizard is near enoguh straight ahead of you. You have to bring him 40 wines though to get the devastating spell.
Dunno what spell - Sargoth - As you enter town go right, keep looking on your left and theres a guy behind a broken wagon thing. Although he doesn't talk... he says go away...
Dunno what spell - In Narra when you enter town go right, there will be some stairs. Go up them and turn left. Follow it round and there will be like a clothes line in between two houses, walk over it and the guy is stood on the other side of the building.

Thats all 5 guys but how to get the spells from last two?

Edit: no more need to bump, but the mod is still awesome.  Look for it in this thread NEW MOD: Magic World for 1.011

Very excited for the translated version mentioned on 12/10, as many of the dialogs in the version  at http://pickup.mofile.com/1814455738908911 don't display any text (presumably Chinese characters my PC doesn't have installed).  Features I've found so far not mentioned in this thread:
-Zendar is back!  Sort of.  You can speak with a teacher of magic in one of the towers above the old town (who gives you the wand and fireball spell to get started), and if you take a running jump out the window you can wander around the old haunt.  The merchants are gone, but the tavern and its free chest are still there.  Trainer doesn't train anymore and you can't talk to the herald to get the river pirate quest  Didn't try the arena. 
-Undead brigand parties.  Because everything's better with zombies.
-AI lord parties run with beginner and intermediate level mages of two schools, fire and wave (which I'm guessing is the misty thing)  Haven't fought one yet, so I can't tell if the AI uses magic like the video below or if that's an ad for the upcoming version.
-It seems as though wands are treated as one handed thrusting weapons that do piercing damage (with zero reach but an area of effect in front of you), so a Mage character will want high one-hander skills.  And a lot of money, wands are rare in the arms dealers and freaking expensive, as they should be.
- Mana regenerates with time elapsed in the game world, so you recharge on both the main map and in scenes.  You'll burn through mana potions a lot.  Early on your spells aren't strong enough (I think 30p damage in an area effect) to deal with much more than looters and recruits, and the progression of magic through casting it seems to be balanced well so that by the time you're throwing the high end spells around, you're facing armies and will still be challenged.
-Horses run faster than your fireballs.  Mounted magery is hard on your own horse and should be avoided.
-Magic doesn't seem to depend on attributes or skills, just how much you use it, so you want a good solid sword and board footman build with high athletics for those fights when you run out of mana (most of'em).  My magic-focused background max INT character is having a hard time with her starting strength of 1 :roll:.  Good RP, the sheltered mage student coming out of the ivory tower and getting her hands dirty in the real world.  Great fun.

I asked Google for help reading the Chinese forum thread the creator mentioned earlier.  The mod has its own subfourm here: http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/forumdisplay.php?fid=3 It seems that the source code was made available today, 12/13
Also, http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.mountblade.com.cn%2Fviewthread.php%3Ftid%3D50630&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8 seems to be a discussion of where to find other magic teachers and how to complete the quests they ask you to do before they'll teach you.  Alas the auto-translator isn't much help.  I did get this out of it: 
-Hold down the left mouse button until the fourth wave of the staff for maximum power from your spells
-There's some other wizard who wants 20 ales (or as Google put it, malt liquors  :lol:  If only it'd been 40.  Would be hilarious in a totally un-politically correct way to have a grumpy old bugger sitting around town who would only help me if I brought him a 40 of malt liquor).
-High power fire school spells seem to need high levels of surgery skill, dunno if party surgery skill helps or not
-I think the instructors are in each faction's capital city, although someone found one in Tigray :?: on the right side of the staircase.
-Instructors want you to perform quests for them and achieve certain levels of competence in their schools of magic. 
-There's at least one instructor who will teach you 3 different high power spells, but only one of the three, depending on which answer you give when he asks you a question.  Which makes me really, really want the translated version.

Back
Top Bottom