Need More Info Disbanded party disappears from map, recreates party automatically, even beyond limit

Users who are viewing this thread

singlebladed

Recruit
Summary:
When trying to disband Ira's party (my character's wife), she disappeared from the map and the encyclopedia/clan screen said she was in Chaikand. Her party does not show up in the parties tab and she is not at Chaikand. After waiting a while in the game, I can go back to my party screen and her party has reformed and she is next to Rhesos Castle, stuck on the side of the mountain and trying to travel to Dyopalis. This repeats infinitely and I cannot get her back in my party. Even when I block my other party slot, her party still reforms and it says I have 3/2 parties.

I saw another post (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...stuck-near-rhesos-castle.414728/#post-9363264) that did not provide any extra information but is most likely the same issue.

How to Reproduce:
I can attach the save file which can be used to reproduce from the summary above if necessary. I am still in my grace period and so I cannot attach anything currently.

Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Chaikand, Rhesos Castle

Media (Screenshots & Video):

Version:
e1.1.0.225190

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K
RAM: DDR4-2400 16GB
Motherboard: Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): OS - SSD, Steam - 1TB HDD

When you disbanded ira's party, did she disband in a city with zero garrison? I ask because in my experiments disbanding parties in settlement with zero garrison will cause the party disappear. I didn't test what happen next but I found out I could bypass the problem by donating even one soldier to the settlement before disbanding my party

I can't remember, but I don't own any towns or castles so she just went straight to Chaikand. Good to know that adding a soldier can bypass that issue though. I used the console to add her back to my party after she vanished from the map to get around the bug. Still, it seems something that needs to be fixed. Especially since it allows you to bypass the party limit.

I've been having this exact problem since switching to 1.4.1 and it's very nerve-wracking. I've been holding off using the dev console, but I might have to start doing it just for this issue until it's resolved. It's only my wife that does this, every other companion will correctly disband and wait in a random city until told otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom