Diplomacy, War!

Users who are viewing this thread

tavener

Regular
I've been looking around ALOT in the forum and still not got it... how to make war and peace betwen the existing factions. By that I mean factions like Khergit, Nords Vaegirs etc. but I changed the named of the factions in factions.txt

Do I need python for this cause it won't work at all when I tryed making war in module_scripts.py.

All help is welcome. thanks.

Do you mean how to allow them to randomly make war on one another (like the "main" factions do in Native), or how to set them permanently at war, like bandits and such?

Also, the module system, in my (admittedly limited) experience, is usually the best way to go about things.

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't help much, though I do recall that there's something like randomly_start_war_peace in module_scripts that may help. If you're looking for permanent war, I believe you can just assign a negative relation toward another faction on declaration.

Aherm. That probably wasn't as helpful as I originally intended it to be. Sorry. >_>

If you mean like making two factions permanent enemies.. Then is this an example of how to make the Kergits is in permanent war with the Swadians.. I think this it is atleast..

("kingdom_3",  "Khergit Khanate", 0, 0.9, [("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05),("kingdom_1",-100.00)], [], 0xCC99FF),

No bjorne, thats not how it works, I'm using this for setting who is at war at the start of the game, but the factions can certainly also declare peace..

For permanent war you'll need a trigger to set relations to -10 or something every 1 second..

Anyways, as he said he can't get python to work it dosn't help much..

Well with my way they atleast got -100 Relationship from the start right?

And he's module system doesn't work cause he doesn't have python... :razz:

to summarise, bjorne's way is the easiest and involves editing relations in module_factions.py. Cruger's way is more permanent but involves slightly more work, creating a trigger.

True, I bet making the trigger take ~1½ minut while making the relation in factions.py takes 10-15 seconds :razz:

1½ minute? OMG!! THAT LONG? Wow.. I mean.. I was planning to do my mod on like 30 seconds...  :neutral:

EDIT: Wait? Why make a trigger. Why not a simple trigger like this?

Code:
  (5,
   [
(set_relation,"kingdom_1","kingdom_2",-50),
   ])

`/~ and 2/@ <- these are the only things next to "1", maybe my keyboard doesn't support it. oh well...

Back
Top Bottom