Difficulty Scaling by Level

Users who are viewing this thread

Shrugging Khan said:
So...why is it that the difficulty scales with character level? And how exactly does it work?

...and what can one do to mod it away?  :smile:
You can use the mod tools (they're somewhere on the site) and manually go through and change all the bandit parties, etc to have the amount of troops that you want.

To disable lord's troop numbers increasing by the large amounts that they do, you can find my guide on the forum.

Shrugging Khan said:
So...why is it that the difficulty scales with character level? And how exactly does it work?

...and what can one do to mod it away?  :smile:
I strongly dislike games that try to be semi-realistic then have scaling difficulty.......
even if they are great fun like The Elder Scrolls games and this mod!

PLEASE reconsider this form of balance if possible!

I agree, and it was indeed a problem in the elder scrolls, good thing that won't be the case in Skyrim  :mrgreen:
In warband the game is still easier when your level is higher tho, even with this "difficulty scaling"

How drastic scaling are we talking about here? I have still much to learn about B&S, but my current char is lvl 23 or 24 on normal difficulty and I have seen but modest increase in party sizes, lords, bandits or other. I mean, my current party size is 237 so it seems quite natural to me for lords to have, say, 330 or so troops.
What am I missing?

And please, let us not talk about TES IV: Oblivion.
Not now, not later, not ever.
Or at least not here.

Back
Top Bottom