Did something change with how often Kingdoms declare war on yours

Users who are viewing this thread

CamL

Recruit
I have about 250+ hours played, my first play through in April I had a lot of fun with. I ended up unifying the Empire under my kingdom and it was fairly challenging and took a while to do. Kingdoms would usually declare war on my one or two maybe 3 at a time I would fight one and cut my losses on the other or hope my AI clans could deal with the other enemy or pay them off to go back to my other war.

My second play though has been miserable, I had to stop playing because I was constantly frustrated and going back save states. No matter what I did every kingdom would take it out of the schedule to destroy me. 3-5 kingdoms would constantly declare war on me and have NO other wars going on so all of them focused the full strength of their armies on me, its like they had a secret truce to destroy me. They also NEVER offered peace like before even after i was obliterated into a 0 strength kingdom with no fiefs.

Has any else experienced this recently? or was their patch notes about how aggressive other kingdoms would act? Or is this just an unfortunate destiny the AI chose for me this play through?

I killed off 3/4 of the game before I took a fief and became a kingdom. I only had the first and last factions I kill declare war on me. 1st at start of game for stealing 2 packs of horses, last when we were the last 2 factions.

I'm gonna try a catch and release game in 1.4.1 beta and I think there have been some changes to what you're asking, but I don't know if anyone gotten far enough into a new game to report back yet.

Yea I had a lot of fun in my first play through this one is just 5 kingdoms crushing me all at the same time and never offering peace. By the time you have rode around buying peace with a few to make the wars manageable the cycle starts again.Is it possible to load back on to the previous patch?

Has any else experienced this recently? or was their patch notes about how aggressive other kingdoms would act? Or is this just an unfortunate destiny the AI chose for me this play through?
2oUugXB.jpg

2 minutes in the 1.4.1

Yea this pretty much sums up 1.4.1 and its not even that they all declare war on you, I could maybe deal with 4 factions if they had a war going on with some other kingdoms too at the same time but...... They all have NOTHING else going on and never had, so their army is also very elite. Mean while mine is wounded and full of recruits because i have been trying to fend off never ending hostility directed only at me. Silent pact to kill the new guy in town I guess....

Last edited:
I have the same experience. My 3rd play through have at least 3 factions are in war with me constantly no matter what. If I make peace with one then another declare war on me. At one point I was having war with everyone...I couldn't move half feet from my town just keep defending siege armies...I had to do lots of save scum and cheese strategies to survive.

Started a new game 1.4.1, haven't joined a faction yet, after one month every faction is in at least three wars.

For some reason they removed peace treaty and imo this will destroy all the benefits from 1.4.1

Snowballing is the only thing which can make Bannerlord unplayable.

14 days from a fresh start and western empire is war with 4 major factions.

bl.jpg

Same experience here. Endless war with 5 kingdoms in my 1.4.1 playthrough. Going ot have to abandon it without a hotfix sadly since at this point it seems broken.

Back
Top Bottom