Did I just lose everything?

Users who are viewing this thread

groksquat

Recruit
So, long story short:
Spent about 15 hours making a scene for multiplayer Warband.

It's worth mentioning I simply built it over the "Port Assault" map, though I had deleted the scene obj for that beforehand- I made a module exclusively for scenes and modding, so I figured this would be no problem, as I wouldn't be messing with the Native Files.
However,  was a bit quick on my guns, renamed the file before finding the scene data in the scenes.txt file, had to guess when trying to find the relevant lines in the text file, and either way, when I go to "Port Assault" in my screw-around module, it's simply the generic rolling hills terrain. So my map would seem to be gone.

of course, after the fact, since I'm sure it should been under scene 16, I copied that data from the text, but I'm still clueless.
I still have the Scene Obj file, of course, but I fear I may have lost the map at this point.

Any help is appreciated.

Scene Obj holds placed props, txt file defines terrain. You probably messed something with txt file but as long as you didnt edited  Obj file it should still hold all props positions, waiting for terrain to be linked.

Awesome. I'm a noob- how do I move the map data I have an actually play it to find out whether I lost the terrain or not?

um...If its edited existing map just lauch it. Be sure that map name is same as Obj file. You shouldnt delete Obj of existing map tho. If you wanna make completly new map you need add it in module system.

Yeah, I watched that video pretty comprehensively.

Anyways, good news: The scene obj file is intact, but if I want it to work with the terrain, I need to find Port Assault's scn_multi number. Anyone know that off the top of their head?

groksquat said:
Port Assault's scn_multi number.

download the modsys (I guess you are modding Warband native 1.16:cool: and check the module_strings.py file. Then you can connect with module_scenes.py and module_scripts.py with a quick text search

Back
Top Bottom