Devs have abandoned MP, time to leave the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Spears are supoptimal (not useless) in Warband SP, because you don't need them there. MP is a different story. As opposed to bots that don't use cavalry very effectively, humans do. Without a spear or ranged weapon it's really difficult to counter a human player that plays cav competently.

One handed spear with shield does not exist in a vacuum. You use this to assist team mates and to counter cav while under archer/xbow fire. If you're not under fire, you switch to 2H spear (and decent players typically block well enough for the lack of a shield to not be an issue).

People just play naked in Warband for lulz, if there are good archers on enemy team it's clearly suboptimal to risk additional one hit deaths. If they 'destroy everyone' it's because everyone else on the server is bad, in comparison.
Your first point is completely wrong because we're talking about spears and not lances. Also, we dont need spears in SP? Spearmen were the most common soldiers in human history.

your second point doesnt make sense too :smile: In MP a lot of times me and my buds went with spear and shield and played together and it didnt work, the best infantry fighting type does not work. Theres no point for 2h spears if you can get Polearms :smile:

third point completely wrong too they dont go naked for lulz, they run like f*ktards and beause damage is almost completely random in Warband they can sometimes survive 4 hits. While if you get full blakc armor you can even get oneshoted.... Happens all the time :smile:

third point completely wrong too they dont go naked for lulz, they run like f*ktards and beause damage is almost completely random in Warband they can sometimes survive 4 hits. While if you get full blakc armor you can even get oneshoted.... Happens all the time :smile:
You must be hitting the naked with a club or something. It for sure takes 1 or 2 hits with decent weapons.

Chaingun is talking from a competitive standpoint, where spears are incredibly usefull in groupfights and as anti cav, but theyre not strong in 1v1. You can get away with dirty tricks with thrustdragging, and awlpikes in 2h mode can be pretty handy. Theres also the shield stunning potential, where if you time your overhead properly, the next swing withing x amount of miliseconds will ignore the defnders block completely. Cant be done in 1v1 though, and takes abit of practise. I much prefer the spears from Warband than Bannerlord, it feels faster, better and more effective. The anti cav "fix" they added to spears isnt good enough in my opinion.
(I dont really care about the historical uses of spears, although yeah I know they were favored)

Warbands damage calculation was pretty screwed up, Bannerlord did a good job fixing that.

Warband combat is inferior to Bannerlord's in Warband people look down and are f*king naked and destroy everyone

In Warband, spears are useless, one handed with shield is UNPLAYABLE!!! and that's coming from a one-handed+shield 1k+ hours main!!!
Wow you were very bad at the game or you've only played Singleplayer, really ignorant comment. Spears were vital in tournaments

The game is not that bad, if 50% of the players would get banned, and if you could mute the other 50%. Also, the most enjoyable thing is the animation when you are walking up and down stairs in the game. TW should add way more stairs, and I would be satisfied!

The game is not that bad, if 50% of the players would get banned, and if you could mute the other 50%. Also, the most enjoyable thing is the animation when you are walking up and down stairs in the game. TW should add way more stairs, and I would be satisfied!
Might be difficult for them to ban players moving forward, considering that a lot of them already left for Chivalry 2, with the only ones still playing BL MP are the guys who absolutely refuse to use the Epic Games Store

"Whenever someone leave M&B to play another game, the collective IQ of both communities increase"

Yes devs should have listened a bit more to the community when it came to multiplayer but as soon as we have a full release with full modding tools and custom servers I do see allot getting fixed by the community.

Maybe someone manages to make the old warband system work for bannerlord instead of classes, a form of Presistent Kingdoms, Full Invasion, Mercs with allot more to come and go in the MP setting too. And for basegame when custom servers get released well New maps are definetly a given for every gamemodes.

The reason people barely play MP atm is because we don't wanna play the same 4 maps with the same 4 factions over and over and over again. Have some faith once custom servers are there allot is gonna remedy itself

I mean warband had it's rought time aswell conserning MP it also had issues during the EA from what I have heard. But once the full release was in mods are getting pump out it had allot of golden years. Where people (including me) Have played a absolute **** ton of hours due to it.

Don't lose faith have hope and let the golden years come soon!

Last edited:
In Warband, spears are useless, one handed with shield is UNPLAYABLE!!!
Someone never used the Sarranid Footman's free spear. I'm personally not too confident with horse stabbing with a spear vs dismounted lance in both WB and BL, though in the case of Warband's Bamboo Spear, it's basically a pike that you can carry with a shield, while also being probably the longest reaching weapon in the game that still has horizontal swings.

Also, 1h + shield is how you deal with archers in WB but was absolutely worthless against 2h weapon users.

Meanwhile in Bannerlord, bows and crossbows are chambered in .50 BMG, while shield bashing helps even the odds against 2h weapon users.

I've worked with Morton on Sword&Musket since it all started and completly agree with his statement. Lots of moddevs have abandoned Bannerlord, and I've come to think they made the right decision.

I honestly don't want to count the time and money spent for Sword&Musket at this point. I was the only active scene designer left, the others lost their motivation because of Taleworlds way earlier. Why bet time and money on a sinking ship while Taleworlds is actively breaking the hull? Now I haven't done anything since January because reallife takes time too. War in Ukraine doesn't help either.
We still can't test ****, we still have no servers, we still don't know what gamemodes there will be and when. Taleworlds never gave us the answers we needed, they sold this ****hole with the promise of modsupport and then threw us all under the bus. I don't care about tiny change to agility +1 No. 12237896781, I care about a framework that we can work with. That framework is still being kept from us, and I'm beyond outraged. There is just no words anymore. Look at all the threads and open letters posted, it has been said over and over and over and over. It has been ignored just as much.

Mods from Warband were a huge reason for Bannerlord's success. Most reviewers hyped the upcoming modsupport, it was a huge part of the sale. Meanwhile, we never got anything out of modding except fun. But modding Bannerlord isn't fun. It's sorrow.

Personally I really really feel for people that quit only recently. You guys knew in your hearts that deciding to stick around had very little chance to end up being worth it. Now here you are, two years of frustrations and nothing but wasted life in return.
Truth hurts, but it's the truth. I've had lots of fun with planning and creating scenes and even more fun with the team itself. But Bannerlord as a whole...... frustration and wasted life.

Oh and btw, it's not just MP.
S6sj64j.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom