Devs have abandoned MP, time to leave the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Lets face it, it has been months since the last patch or content update that had any affect on gameplay. There have been no new gamemodes since March 2020, and very few maps have been added in the last 2 years. The previous MP Statement post was over a year ago and the most important piece of it in my mind, "One Life Gamemode" was never met. Additionally, when was the last time you saw a Dev poke his little finger into the MP side of the forums? At this point there are 3 options for MP players.

1.) Wait until a Mod team creates third party custom servers like Bannerlord Online did, this is actually in the works by Turkish Modders
2.) Leave the game entirely, I have been working on the Sword&Musket mod for just over a year at this point and continue to do my part, however I am part of a growing body of developers who think that Bannerlord has become a waste of time and that we should look to new games and opportunities such as Battle Cry of Freedom which is releasing next week with full mod support and a Development team that is actually deserving of praise and willing to help any communities transfer over.
3.) Stay and play until this game is dead, which isn't far off.

It's time to choose where we go from here, Bannerlord is dead... the only choice remaining is whether to Sink with the Ship or Swim away while you still have time

You are being rather dramatic. Battle mode will be released soon and I suppose ranked skirmish and custom servers are coming later that year. There was a public test for battle mode(it's already implemented on the 1.7.0 version). No other game will have such a good combat system. Even though this combat is a bit worse than warband it's still better than mordhau and chivarly 2 combat so It's not gonna die. The golden age of this game will be in 1 or 2 years from now. Once the community or devs develop the custom servers and mods start coming out along with maps for big scale events.

But I can say for the resources and amount of people involved in the company they are slow.

Last edited:
They should just release private servers and fix the crashes in their own servers at this point. Nothing TW adds will become popular. Game will stay being dead.

You are being rather dramatic. Battle mode will be released soon and I suppose ranked skirmish and custom servers are coming later that year. There was a public test for battle mode(it's already implemented on the 1.7.0 version).
I think battle mode is going to be for events only if it is ever released.

I'm no optimist and do not believe in miracles. TW fcked up hard with this one. I dislike whole concept of bl from many perspectives- art, story, music, game mechanics/design. I think one thing that's holding me it's game engine and possibilities community can do with it.

Someone said no other game will have combat system bl have. One mp game title I know had combat system somewhat equal to bl and died like bl mp is dying right now.( Talking about you "war of the roses" and "war if the vikings"- shame)

It has been obvious for two years now that mp development isn't going the right way. It was very simple to observe the tempo of changes and realise it's too slow for mp to become enjoyable in any sensible time.

Personally I really really feel for people that quit only recently. You guys knew in your hearts that deciding to stick around had very little chance to end up being worth it. Now here you are, two years of frustrations and nothing but wasted life in return.

For those of you that still decide to stay: with everything you've seen so far, please simulate in your heads the state of the game after 3 years from now, when given the slow pace it would be supposedly finished. What do you think it will be? Warband 2, full of players with 100 mods? Or dead corpse, with no custom servers, skins, badges and other brain junk food and few awkward "competitive" modes?

You are being rather dramatic. Battle mode will be released soon and I suppose ranked skirmish and custom servers are coming later that year.
c6e.jpg

You are being rather dramatic. Battle mode will be released soon and I suppose ranked skirmish and custom servers are coming later that year. There was a public test for battle mode(it's already implemented on the 1.7.0 version). No other game will have such a good combat system. Even though this combat is a bit worse than warband it's still better than mordhau and chivarly 2 combat so It's not gonna die. The golden age of this game will be in 1 or 2 years from now. Once the community or devs develop the custom servers and mods start coming out along with maps for big scale events.

But I can say for the resources and amount of people involved in the company they are slow.
Warband combat is inferior to Bannerlord's in Warband people look down and are f*king naked and destroy everyone

In Warband, spears are useless, one handed with shield is UNPLAYABLE!!! and that's coming from a one-handed+shield 1k+ hours main!!!

Thing is it's been almost 2 years like this, and current situation isn't so different to what we played on the Beta. With due perspective, we will eventually see how pathetic the mp development has been, and that it's not going to be any successful compared to what warband mp was (and is).

Lets face it, it has been months since the last patch or content update that had any affect on gameplay. There have been no new gamemodes since March 2020, and very few maps have been added in the last 2 years. The previous MP Statement post was over a year ago and the most important piece of it in my mind, "One Life Gamemode" was never met. Additionally, when was the last time you saw a Dev poke his little finger into the MP side of the forums? At this point there are 3 options for MP players.

1.) Wait until a Mod team creates third party custom servers like Bannerlord Online did, this is actually in the works by Turkish Modders
2.) Leave the game entirely, I have been working on the Sword&Musket mod for just over a year at this point and continue to do my part, however I am part of a growing body of developers who think that Bannerlord has become a waste of time and that we should look to new games and opportunities such as Battle Cry of Freedom which is releasing next week with full mod support and a Development team that is actually deserving of praise and willing to help any communities transfer over.
3.) Stay and play until this game is dead, which isn't far off.

It's time to choose where we go from here, Bannerlord is dead... the only choice remaining is whether to Sink with the Ship or Swim away while you still have time
exaggerating a bit aren't we? also nice ad for Battle Cry of Freedom :wink: news for you, not all people will identify with the states civil war.

I loved napoleonic dlc and I will try that game but geez.

I was also a modder for oblivion, skyrim. I heavily edited many mods for oblivion, skyrim, fallout 3, nv, 4, neverwinter nights, flashpoint all the ArmA series.

there are several medieval cod games out there, like chivalry 1 and 2, mordau, etc. even here there are fanbois defending them like crazy. hey to each their own.

warband was by far the best all around. now bannerlord has better graphics and more fluid combat system.

warband is dead and bannerlord not. yet.

but everybody is missing the point here, bannerlord like warband, is a niche game, focused in single player campaign, NO other game offers what these game do.

taleworlds is like bohemia interactive, maddox games or bethesda, we are tallking about titles that last +10 years

bannerlord is not dead, it takes time to play the skirmish and captain modes but there is people playing all day, I play with the EU servers and NA servers.

to fix MP should do NOW

1.fix the crashes for MP.
2.release battle mode.
3.fix the clipping to all the items in the customization.

and if they like money and a healthy player base they should consider:

1.make events, 2xp 2x loot weekends etc.
2.release custom servers.
3.head morphs(elves, orcs, alien etc.)

Warband combat is inferior to Bannerlord's in Warband people look down and are f*king naked and destroy everyone

In Warband, spears are useless, one handed with shield is UNPLAYABLE!!! and that's coming from a one-handed+shield 1k+ hours main!!!
wow, all of that is wrong. impressive!

maybe stop pretending the ****ty DM servers you played on were the entire game

I agree.
2022 will be the "spring" of MP?

Back
Top Bottom