Dev Blog 10/08/17

Users who are viewing this thread

[parsehtml][url=http://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_02_taleworldswebsitelarge.jpg][IMG]http://www.taleworlds.com/Images/News/blog_post_02_taleworldswebsite.png[/IMG][/url] Greetings warriors of Calradia! Today we want to introduce you to the development team that is working hard to make Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord possible. We are proud to have a very diverse and international team, with people from different countries and backgrounds working together every day to develop the game. We came together to take a photo at the TaleWorlds Entertainment office (say cheese!) which we hope you all enjoy. [/parsehtml]Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/20

The entire first page are about people complaining (i didnt read the rest) but I would like to chime in and say that I like this blog. It's short and even though it's not about the game, it's still interesting.

No I'm sorry guys...

the guy in the front row, with the Bannerlord t-shirt, semi-grey hair...

looks suspiciously like...

REFORMIST'S DAD!!!!!

Edit: Now I'm positive of this, at least that they're related.  Kudos Reformist, very good move :smile:

Old bannery said:
I love mount and blade warband for the Xbox.  This game quickly became my all time favorite and look forward to a console release for bannerlord 2.

Speaking of consoles, I was suprised nobody commented on this part of the blog:

"Then we have 8 people who develop the engine: editor, post FX and render performance, particles and cloth physics, build engineering, console porting and the replay system".

It sounds as if they already have people working on porting the game, I didn't expect that- though of course they have previously stated that they were considering it.

I sincerely hope they'll release the console version separately from the main game. I don't want the graphical features to be degraded for the sake of any potential performance issues that might arise on consoles.

Well they've previously said that the PC version will come out first. We've seen a lot of demos of the game including many hundreds of NPCs, and I doubt that consoles could run that many, so I don't think they could be limiting the PC version for the sake of parity with the console version. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been making all these demos with so many soldiers, would they?

Well, could easily be they'll only be moved onto console porting duties when the pc version is complete (or close to it). Presumably there will be less engine work to do at that point.

Glad to have some updates coming in! Even if it is just a picture.

@so many negative responses: Something I think many in the community desire isn't really even a release date. Its just an accurate release window. Is the game even in the final stages of development? Last year there was high speculation of the gaming coming out in some form by the end of the year. We are now into August of the following year and truly have had no updates besides once again hearing the same line for 2017. Its just a massive letdown all over again. :cry:

The Bowman said:
I sincerely hope they'll release the console version separately from the main game. I don't want the graphical features to be degraded for the sake of any potential performance issues that might arise on consoles.
It's not like Bannerlord is leading the charge in graphical fidelity. When it was announced there were already games on the market that looked prettier. The only issue consoles might have is in handling large numbers of AI in battles, but many PC players will also have this problem.

I think that I know the release date...

Every week we will get a blog about a team member, that is 60 blogs.

So 7 * 60 is 420 days.

So that makes it about a 1 year and 2 months. So I would say that we get the game somewhere in next autumn.

broken shield said:
I think that I know the release date...

So 7 * 60 is 420 days.

So that makes it about a 1 year and 2 months. So I would say that we get the game somewhere in next autumn.

unless they hire more people!  :ohdear:

broken shield said:

you are forgetting the people that gets coffee, and all the other administrative personal. Its 79.

Then there are the specials about people that were part of the team and left.

And the specials about the people that contributed to the project (music, history research, etc)

And don't forget the testers (lots of them) that will be eventually hired to test the game (even if by a third party company).

So I would guess its more like 150 blogs.

Aren't two blogs necessary per person and as such planned? I strongly think so. So 300 blogs, which is about 6 years. Hmmm, because I'm such a positive guy all the time, let's say, huzza, we are already halfway through development! Almost.

I don't know how serious you guys are being but they just said:
In the coming weeks we will start a series of short interviews with different members of the development team
They never said that they'd be doing one for every person, and I'd assume that they would have some of the interviews together, e.g. interviewing the whole art team in one blog with a little about each person.

Scyrius said:
With Taleworlds being based in Turkey have current events in the country impeded the production of the game? If so how do you plan to work around this?
I do not think that is a reality. Yes being in turkey make sure some process' are slow but Turkey is not like Syria. So don't have any doubts on those matters.

Back
Top Bottom