MP Musket Era [DELETE][NW] Serbian Uprise - Help needed - historical mod set in Balkan

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krafter

Sergeant
splashscreen1-e1378720630959.jpg

Working Title: Serbian Uprise

Type: Multiplayer (so far)

Setting: Balkan Peninsula, mainly Serbia occupied by Ottomans, 1804-1813 events more known as The First Serbian Uprising, which led to a successful second uprising.

Changes to: Gameplay, factions, weapons, clothes, sounds, animations, textures, terrain, almost everything.

Although this list of changes may sounds ambitious, so far I have done a bit of all the stuff on this list, to have something to show and create the basic atmosphere. You can check out links at bottom of this post. I seriously want to finish this mod. With help from someone skilled in any one of these areas, we could produce beta version ready to be tested fairly quickly.

My two main motivations are, retelling my country's bloody and epic history, which doesn't get as much attention from media as it deserves, and improving on gameplay and atmosphere of Napoleonic Wars, to make a more enjoyable experience.

The kind of people I need are modelers, animators, texture artists, sound producers. If you have successfully in the past created and imported assets for NW or at least Warband, you'll have good chances of instantly becoming SU team member. So if your thing is animation, it would be great if you have already imported a new character animation into M&B game (or altered old one) and have seen it working, and could reproduce steps needed for successful import. If you don't want to be permanent team member I could accept donations in form of individual assets. If you want to create something and donate, it would be best to contact me first, because I can't guarantee anything you send will be used in game.

Unfortunately, so far only Serbian faction exists in game, so what you will see are demos of Serbs fighting each other. With some help we could add the Turks sooner and then watch the game become more meaningful.

BTW, you absolutely don't have to be a Serb to work on this mod.

Development diary: http://serbianuprise.wordpress.com/  follow if you like to get updates

Humble video of lots of Serbian bots fighting each other. This doesn't do the game justice though, video of 3rd person view gameplay will be out next: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8lXDtPOMms

Some screenshots:
2013-05-25_00005-cropped.jpg

kubura2.jpg

2013-06-12_00002-e1377994009143.jpg

cincarsablja.jpg

2013-08-31_00001-e1378044696376.jpg

dagger.jpg

2013-05-25_00010-e1378070381661.jpg

2013-09-01_00040-e1378072420166.jpg

Update:
I'm making this gallery of images related to the setting, so all potential helpers could get some insight into visual side of things.
http://pinterest.com/krafter1/first-serbian-uprising-visual/

You won't get many supporters if you keep an off-site dev-diary. I was sceptic first too, until I saw this:
2013-06-12_00006-e1377996385995.jpg
You should have presented this in firts place and you should post the screens time-to-time to keep the thread alive, not in the first page, not in external sites, but posting. You'll see it helps alot.

Thanks for good wishes,  :oops: I hope someone offering assistance as well will show up. At this point I'd be most happy with at least one modeler who knows how to skin his models. Oh and Montenegrians are planned to take their rightful place in the mod.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
You won't get many supporters if you keep an off-site dev-diary. I was sceptic first too, until I saw this:
2013-06-12_00006-e1377996385995.jpg
You should have presented this in firts place and you should post the screens time-to-time to keep the thread alive, not in the first page, not in external sites, but posting. You'll see it helps alot.

Thanks for input. What are you saying, you didn't believe in the project itself, or just the off-hand pistol part, and that picture changed your mind?
Thanks for advice, I should add a screenshot or two to front of main post, though at this point this is help-asking thread and it suits me to reach people who are willing to dig a bit under surface, rather than have everything served to them on a plate, but a few more screens at front would be ok.

Don't worry, each post to dev diary will have it's equivalent here, I need blog for better SEO, and a chance to reach people who are not yet warband-related.

Error fixed, even though both version are correct, I'll always go in favor of к.
Of course, adding our bros from dark mountains of Montenegro was always in my plan (as troop type of Serbian faction), you guys should have the fanciest clothes and unique war shouts. Something like Scottlanders in UK but cooler xD  Well at least unless one day this grows into mod for whole Balkan area. So far I want to keep it simple - two factions, improved multiplayer gameplay and atmosphere.

Krafter said:
Thanks for input. What are you saying, you didn't believe in the project itself, or just the off-hand pistol part, and that picture changed your mind?
I didn't believe in the project, and the Offhand Pistol changed my mind.
That because the models/textures were... phhhh...
But changed my mind when I saw your offhand pistol, for mods with good coding tend to be better than mods with good graphics(SolidAndShade, my favorite mod)...

Thanks, thats useful info.
Yea, I'm a veteran coder by profession, and have been toying with module system for a couple of years on and off, did some advanced stuff to have fun with friends but never decided to keep working on a project until now.
Current models are just placeholders, hopefully, waiting for a proper 3d artist.

Oh just stuff, here and there. For example when multiplayer WB came out, I got my rl lanparty friends hooked on it by quickly making a cooperative mod with custom faction against Mad Max type of bots.
Last thing I made was for NW, fun little old school deathmach type mod (like Quake or UT), with controllable flying air balloon, and small controllable flying discs which start moving as soon as you stand on it. Well discs are sometimes jerky and bugged because of their speed, but balloon works like a charm. With adjustable height of course.
Here you can find some screens from that time, they don't show too much though as I didn't bother documenting it all:
http://bloodandhonor.krafter.rs/screenshots/dt/

Hot air balloon is a great idea, but I don't think the model is a little odd??? Don't hot air balloons have a wicker basket instead of that odd metal thing?
WARNING(Big image):
Early_flight_02562u.jpg

Also the Hand Cannon, isn't a little big and heavy??

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Hot air balloon is a great idea, but I don't think the model is a little odd??? Don't hot air balloons have a wicker basket instead of that odd metal thing?
WARNING(Big image):
Early_flight_02562u.jpg

Also the Hand Cannon, isn't a little big and heavy??

Lol, like I said, that was old school deathmach type mod with weapons such as rocket launchers(that hand cannon thing), rail guns, double barreled shotguns, uzis... It wasn't meant to be realistic at all, its more like endless slaughter in a twisted parallel dimension. Anyone who ever played any Quake or UT game knows what I'm talking about. As for balloon I was happy to make it fly, model wasn't that important, its artistic freedom you know, I doubt it's even using hot air to fly, probably some half magic / half technical creation.

Anyone finds it weird that Agovic hasn't noticed this mod... yet...
I was expecting some post from him like "I'm definetly going to join this mod's team! For the Tsar!" but no!!!

Back to topic, I think Agovic would be a nice addition to this mod. As tiring as he is talking about the glory of Montenegro, I think his nationalist zeal and his modding skills(check the Russian uniform he made in his post history, it's nice), would benefit this mod alot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom