SP - General Declared war upon too often - Daily (up to 4 factions at once so far)

Users who are viewing this thread

unknown.png

Theres an example of 4 separate factions going to war with me at once. I was already at war with western empire. Every day this happens. You can postpone it by saving constantly and loading, as it appears they don't declare war on you the same day you load a game. That is all that makes the game playable. It may be my fault for inciting them to declare war on me, but I think the mechanic of having them just declare war at random for no reason, daily, is broken. Please rethink/rework the reasons for them declaring war. Currently I assume they want to be at war with me because my kingdom has no vassals (I dislike the play functions of vassals, and think they need a lot more features for control/ordering them. As well as you cannot claim new settlements for yourself once you have vassals (as far as I have seen, that is true if you own a lot of settlements already). Anyways, maybe I'm wrong and this is meant to happen this way, but I think it shouldn't and I think the "reasons" for declaring war on the player need to be reworked.

I joined the Aserai, we are currently at war with every faction but 2, and one of them only has 1 noble family of 4 members and 10 total troops between them all and no fiefs. So we are at war with everyone but 1 faction.

Now show us your character in-game wiki page.

I'm specifically curious, on scale of "oopsie" to "off with their heads" how often you've used the decapitation vs letting lords out after battle.

Another factor that seems to be taken into consideration is how many other countries you border. That's one of the things that make Sturgia very attractive as a starting point to your own kingdom - I love the cities you control, but they're among the hardest to keep as own Kingdom.

I'm honestly more surprised you're not at war with Battanians or Vlandians - in case this happens, IMO you should only take Lageta from Battanians, and purge Vlandians off Sturgia.

TBH, this screen seems like the best case scenario that preceeds the real wars you'll face in this gameplay. For now, you essentialy only have 1 real front: with Simpire.

Don't worry about Aserai too much, just crush their first army. I would not go for Quyaz yet - that just makes you more of a target. Western Emp is too weak to do anything but hold their last city.

What would stress me out is what to do about Vornavopol.
You let Khuzaits or Vlandians take it - they'll soon be at war with eachother. They may bleed eachother out, but whoever comes out of that fight - will be the faction that is your final boss.
But if you deny them that city - you'll border both. You get lucky, you take their cities and weaken one of main opponents. You get unlucky... well there's a Piper Perri picture that illustrates that situation.

PS.: sidenote, in situation like this, it'd really make sense for us to have a better overview of what wars other countries are waging.

I have this exact same problem! I'll defeat an army and before I can turn around, another faction declares war on me. As soon as I head in their direction a third faction declares war. before I can turn for a double-take, I'm at war with 4 factions! What's worse, is that now peace costs half a million at least, so I either die a slow death fighting or bleeding denars. It's maddening. What's the point if the AI decides to throw everything at me while i'm still, comparatively, the weakest kingdom? Adding insult to injury, for each of these factions I'M THE ONLY ONE THEY'RE AT WAR WITH. Devs, please fix this bonkers AI...

And for the record, I never execute in a futile attempt to avoid these exact scenarios (though I do keep them prisoner XP )

I have not tried to quantify this in my current playthrough, but yeah, random war declaration does seem to be more frequent in 1.4 than in earlier patches. Diplomacy elements between AIs need to be fixed in general, but increasing the frequency of random war declarations only further highlights this deficit in the diplomacy system.

Back
Top Bottom