+++ Day 400 +++

Users who are viewing this thread

Almanzor

Sergeant
Being my first post here, I couldn't start it without a word of praise to the R13 crew: This is the BEST mod I've ever played! You have done a great job with armours and weapons, with new towns, historical accuracy, and all, permitting the player to get immersed on XIII Century Eastern Europe. Great job indeed! Please, keep it up, and don`t let it die. :smile:

That being said, I can get to the main reason for this post, a weird problem I'm having when any of my chars get around day 400: corrupted savegame files. I've lost my first 2 chars this way, so I decided to be extra carefull on the third try, manually backing up several saves, alt tabbing from the game at crucial moments and manually copying the files I got with F12 (I play realistic, but made this F12 saves specifically for backups). So I have now a collection of 10 saves of important moments, the last one being save X, at day 398, when I got the ability to recruit from all Rus towns, including conquered Kernave.

All this 10 saves work well, but I cant play any further. All my attempts to play on were frustrated by bad savegame files (even the ones I get by F12ing). When i try to load the game, I get an extra long wait, that ends up with a pop up indicating a runtime error, related to mount&blade.exe.

Why 400 days? I hope some of you may help me, cos I found out I cant play other mods anymore. I want to play THIS ONE!!!!!! thanks  :smile:

Important notes:
- This never happened with any other mods, or native. I never had a bad save before.
- This still happens after a fresh download and install of both, Mount&Blade and Rus XIII, on a different named folder.
- Not a single line of code was altered. Both M&B and Rus XIII files are all originals.
- I could send copies of good and bad saves, if that would help.
- A new char was made for test, sitting on Cherson for 400 days, and the same **** happened.
- The problem affects both autosaves and f12 saves, after about day 400.

Everyone has the same problem.  It is not neccesary 400 days. Some people get this bug after 300 days.
Unfortunately "THIS IS BETA" (c)

Try to play for another nation. Be more agressive, conquer more/new cities. Some city battles changed since "Native".

________
Dear modcreators,
we are dieing without new version. SOS

:shock: Seriously? Man, i need to improve my searching skills, because i searched this forum for 2 days and didn't find a single mention to corrupted savegame files as one of the mod bugs. Dang, I'm getting old  :razz:

Well, tanks for your prompt repply, as i can now stop worrying about fixing it.

fine fine...
some lucky guys play more than 400 days.

I`m russian and I receive information fron russian forum. Trust me, there is such  bug.

I trust you, man.. hehehe... but tell us, what they say in the Russian board about next release? Is it close?

Almanzor said:
what they say in the Russian board about next release?

We say that we don't know yet when we'll release the next version.
We a planning to release an alfa-version of R13 multiplayer for the WB first.
And then we'll see what to do...

It happens in Prophesy of Pendor, sometimes it starts after using the F12 savegame, sometimes after a specific event (it's rather random) I've had corrupted save games at 600, 800 and several around 1000 days. I don't play realistic mode just because of that.

Well I just got the dreaded savegame corruption bug. I was on day 487 and I was on the verge of wiping out the Mongols. Got them down to 2 settlements, was the proud owner of my own city and out of the blue my game just hangs at the same point every time. This is the furthest I have ever got in M&B by far and lets just say I'm rather pissed off at the moment. I know it's a beta and I dont blame the dev team but still, I'm rather annoyed right now. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom