Day 1 observations

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm... I'm glad that now you are enjoying it, but this question it biting me.

Have you EVER played an RPG?
Really, it sounds like you haven't. The first thing anyone should do in any RPG is see what's on sale, check out the populace, ect. Which makes me wonder: Why are you complaining about not doing something you should've done in the very beginning!?! It is obvious as the sun!

Anyway, have fun killing bandits... And then, meet me in Rivacheg (multiplayer would be so cool), I'm going Dark Knight hunting.

-Dvd

Dvd you should know better. These people are making a product to sell to the public.

Assuming that the people that purchase the game are experienced RPG players is an error in judgment. In fact, who you would rather attract is all the OTHER players, who haven't been disgruntled by poor performances of other companies.

The market is potentially unlimited, if you choose to pursue it balls to the wall, and provide a game experience for as many potential players as possible.

Word spreads, and the game sells like hotcakes. It's word of mouth that sells games. And word spreads rapidly on some of these websites when the product is THAT GOOD.

I happen to think arma is onto something here. I'm enjoying the experience.

Well, I downloaded it (after thinking about it for two days, but not being able to due to a dial-up connection (which I later spent three hours doing :grin: )) at a friend's house, and played in the tournaments for about six hours. :oops: THEN I went out into the wilderness, and beat the first river pirate party I came upon with just my hunter, Fetral, and his horse. I think I even took one or two prisoner, too.

My point is, I guess, down here...

I agree that the learning curve is good. I see the Total War series mentioned a lot on these boards, and I'd like to direct everyone's attention to the learning curve change between Medieval: Total War and Rome: Total War, and all the complaints that came when Rome was so "dumbed down." I just think that if armagan (and Co.) lowers the learning curve, we'll lose some of the game's depth.

I think there is a difference between the learning curve, and difficulty.

They are two different things.

Difficulty of play is fine.

Learning HOW to play should not be difficult. This is the learning curve.

I actually had fun learning how to survive, but that's just me. :wink:

I dont think you have to worry about the game becoming easier Stonewall382. It looks like Armagan is just going to have the NPC's give a little more advice, that's all. It seems you did fine on your own so the NPC will simply be telling you what you already know. No biggie. :cool:

Sweet Deal. :wink:

@ Full-Tang--I still disagree a little bit. I think it's nice to have a slightly rough learning curve, because it allows you to explore the game more, and because you always learn new things. My thoughts, anyhow.

I can see both sides of the argument here and I think it's the same for every game out there, some people like to be led through the basics and some like to dive right in and learn from their mistakes.

I would say Arma is right, another NPC who gives advice and maybe even a small tutorial with you leading a small band would please everyone as the ones who don't want it could just skip it.

I like the learn from my mistakes personally as it seems more realistic as a youngster trying to make his way and his fortune.

Oh, Hi everyone. :lol:

hi Aeil

I agree with Armagan aswell. Just let the trainer have some more things to say and point out to him in the tutorial messages.

Back
Top Bottom