Dawnspire impersonation

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
However libel law doesn't apply to your internet name.

If there's no connection to your real name, sure. LL hasn't been as mysterious in that regard as, say, lolfrey.

But I think Lust put it best. Actions taken that not only affect users here at TW, but TW itself because of LL's position as an administrator, should in some cases be subject to action taken here on TW.

SupaNinjaMan said:
J said:
Surely, no worse than joining every possible forum on the interwebs with the name 'rgodfrey' only to state your attraction towards prepubescent children.
I would probably pay to help fund a campaign to see this happen. But only if the goal is to populate it on every public forum, in every language, on the internet.

Nobody deserve to be falsely accused of pedophilia.
Pedophilia is the worst crime one can commit.

2 posts ago, this thread, has tripped on a rock made of high explosives. Anyway...

I agree with Lamb's decision here. If I had a reputation to uphold, and someone tried to impersonate me (in a bunch of controversial topics and posts no less), i'd be pissed, and do everything I could to get back at the son of a ***** that did it.

Captain Lust said:
It's quite clear that Untitled. was aware where he got the name from. In addition, making posts there about Mount&Blade (on a forum nothing to do with Mount&Blade) immediately draws relevance to this forum and therefore to LL. Whether it was intended or not, his actions could easily be seen as potentially damaging to LLs reputation, which in turn means the reputation of this forum. On a base level, I think that already justifies the potential need for action to be taken here.

The fact that he also voiced political opinions (potentially controversial ones, relating to potentially very controversial topics) is the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. It's completely reckless and certainly not behaviour we're willing to tolerate. Since this is a fairly rare case, it isn't covered directly by our rules. We're looking at possible solutions to resolve any ambiguity over this sort of thing but for this specific case, I don't think there can be any doubt over the inappropriateness and potential harm of what Untitled. was doing.

As for the FSE Forums, perhaps the wording could do with some retouching. I'm not sure that any impersonation cases have been dealt with on the basis of this post but certainly someone pretending to be someone from TaleWorlds that they aren't, on that Forum would not be well received by us.

EDIT: Apparantly, I really like the world "potential". Sorry if it hurts to read my post.

We couldn't have anyone besmirching the good name of Reverend Lost Lamb with controversial opinions, excessive cursing, or...

Oh wait that's just Lost Lamb.

Back
Top Bottom