Dante's Inferno test

Users who are viewing this thread

The Mercenary said:
Brutus killed Caesar and betrayed the only thing he should've been loyal to. Screw Brutus.

Was it such a bad thing to have been loyal to the highest authority of Rome, the Senate?

Maybe he deserves to belong to the realm of patriots, who knows.

He kill Caesar for the Republic.

Reminds me of Star Wars.  :razz:

hyperion said:
He killed one of the few persons that cared for him(You should imagine the look on Caesar's face(I believe he wasn't too happy)).
Screw the cause-he shouldn't do that and he deserves it.

Well, to be honest, he shouldn't be judged by our standards, but rather by roman standards. And by roman standards he wasn't all bad. He was one of the nicer people.

I'd say Brutus. His murder intent was not driven by malice or ambition. It was out of loyalty that he committed what he did. During those times when the Senate held absolute power, I'd say loyalists were held in higher regard than some random ambitious fatso.

But something went wrong when Julius' dear friend Mark Antony wanted a say on it.

But there would be no way for us to actually prove that that was the case.  :wink:

Well he would have eventually learned that he must manipulate to suit his need if he is to gain power. In the end he died too.

Whoo! I can change topics' courses with one tiny little post!

Anyways, the Romans sucked anyways. Sure they were great fighters and created a huge empire, which is a plus, but their culture was pretty much a Frankenstein-like creation from all the cultures they crushed, which is a minus.

Yes, I do expect to get flamed a lot.

The Mercenary said:
Anyways, the Romans sucked anyways. Sure they were great fighters and created a huge empire, which is a plus, but their culture was pretty much a Frankenstein-like creation from all the cultures they crushed, which is a minus.

the Romans were pretty great at adapting
roman gladius? stolen from spanish
roman testudo? stolen from gauls
roman culture? stolen from greeks mostly
and so on....

fristi61 said:
The Mercenary said:

the Romans were pretty great at adapting
roman gladius? stolen from spanish
roman testudo? stolen from gauls
roman culture? stolen from greeks mostly
and so on....

Not adapting. Thieving.

If it works, don't fix it. Really now, why go the whole bother of fixing up a completely new culture when you can just make it all work from currently existing stuff? Case in point, the United States of America.

Your fate has been decided....
You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

First Level of Hell - Limbo
Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

Purgatory Repenting Believers High
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers High
Level 2 Lustful Low
Level 3 Gluttonous Very Low
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very Low
Level 7 Violent Low
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Very Low

Cirdan said:
Actually, the proper name of their short sword during the military expansion of the roman republic was gladius hispaniensis. Litterally the "Spanish sword".

You got this from Wikipedia, didn't you?  :evil:

Cloud Breaker said:
Cirdan said:
Actually, the proper name of their short sword during the military expansion of the roman republic was gladius hispaniensis. Litterally the "Spanish sword".

You got this from Wikipedia, didn't you?  :evil:
No, no I didn't. When did they start Wikipedia anyway? 2000?'01?'02? I knew what gladius hispaniensis was well before Wikipedia even existed. You, however, should check with Wikipedia (or some other appropriate source) before posting. That's what i do often enough, to make sure I'm right.

Back
Top Bottom