Damage numbers in multiplayer Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

pera

It would be nice to see how much damage I've done with for example a lance hit, a bow/xbow shot or a horse bump in the form of numbers that pop up near the enemy model after I've done damage to them. Obviously there should be an option to turn them off so it doesn't upset the players that want immersion.

On one hand it would make multiplayer much more arcady, on the other it would give players a way to actually tell how much damage they're doing and also looks cool.
I agree that it should be toggleable (and for multiplayer only), however that being said players with it off may be at a disadvantage.
I'm not massively invested in this, doesn't really affect me too much as I primarily play single player.

Dear god, no.

Just no.

It isn't about immersion, Mount & Blade just isn't that kind of game, even less in multiplayer.

It takes away a whole factor of enigma regarding the opponent's health. You might say, "oh, but you can turn it off", and sure you could, but then you'd be at a disadvantage.

Lord Engineer said:
On one hand it would make multiplayer much more arcady, on the other it would give players a way to actually tell how much damage they're doing and also looks cool.
I agree that it should be toggleable (and for multiplayer only), however that being said players with it off may be at a disadvantage.
I'm not massively invested in this, doesn't really affect me too much as I primarily play single player.
can always be a server-side configuration mate...  :lol:
Just saying, having the option is better than not for too many reasons, liking it or not. So putting it into an Admin controlled environment is the way to go, if the admin wants a fancy sv with dmgs floating around, it's his choice. It can be useful even for devs when testing.

just activate blood? lookin at chat on damage prob is worse for your performance than having it activated as long as you still got the confirmation for the kill

probably better to just have some healthbar over the enemies head

Footbeard said:
It may be nice to have the option but I'm the kind of player that takes off as much HUD as possible because MUH IMMERSION
it seems y'all completely ignored what I've said/suggested which solves everyone's problems on a single strike: put it as a sv config that Admins can change on the fly, done, solved, case closed.  :facepalm:

Why are we still arguing over if we should include this in Bannerlord or not when we literally had this option in Warband with the ability to enable or disable?

And make it look like that piece of crap the new Assassins Creed is please no I'll just learn it myself, besides with some time playing you realize all of those things

Nymeris said:
And make it look like that piece of crap the new Assassins Creed is please no I'll just learn it myself, besides with some time playing you realize all of those things
Odyssey isn't a competitive game tho, damage numbers add to the esports aspect of mp games whereas in AC they aren't really needed. If TW want Bannerlord to be successful in esports they will need damage numbers.

The difference between CSGO and Mount and Blade is that CSGO has guns that inflict a set amount of damage consistently and has no hidden variables or randomness factor in it, so damage can be easily calculated by the player's heads to determine if something is wrong.

Mount and Blade has a somewhat physics calculated based system dependent on animations speed and mouse movement, which is impossible to calculate by yourself in your head.

There is also an issue with progression and feedback for players in Singleplayer. If the player needs to upgrade his Strength stat for 5 levels to bmfibally be able to see his sword kill enemies in 2 hits from a former 3, then the player will feel little developement as if his stats are not improving enough.

It is mych more satisfying to see the number go up from 24->29 than to see an enemy finally go down in 2 hits after upgrading your Strength stat 5 levels.

Lolbash said:
The difference between CSGO and Mount and Blade is that CSGO has guns that inflict a set amount of damage consistently and has no hidden variables or randomness factor in it, so damage can be easily calculated by the player's heads to determine if something is wrong.

Mount and Blade has a somewhat physics calculated based system dependent on animations speed and mouse movement, which is impossible to calculate by yourself in your head.

There is also an issue with progression and feedback for players in Singleplayer. If the player needs to upgrade his Strength stat for 5 levels to bmfibally be able to see his sword kill enemies in 2 hits from a former 3, then the player will feel little developement as if his stats are not improving enough.

It is mych more satisfying to see the number go up from 24->29 than to see an enemy finally go down in 2 hits after upgrading your Strength stat 5 levels.

you will need 3 hits
if you hold you will need around 2
hit in the head with hold and good dmg multipliers, if he got shot by some arrow or got hit by horse lance ull need 1 hit

depends on wep and enemy armor aswell

xdj1nn said:
Just saying, having the option is better than not for too many reasons, liking it or not. So putting it into an Admin controlled environment is the way to go, if the admin wants a fancy sv with dmgs floating around, it's his choice. It can be useful even for devs when testing.
Couldn't agree more.

Sincerely, I don't think it's the type of game for that option, the UI is not designed that way and it wouldn't flow like it does in Mmorpg or MOBAS, where you're used to all those menus interrupting the screen, neither the camera angle does, it would put too much information and disrupt

Damage numbers were enabled in Singleplayer Warband, and no one has complained about it ruining immersion. Why the outrage now for breaking immersion in Multiplayer?

Back
Top Bottom