Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 551.23
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Motherboard: Z270X-Gaming 9
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Before the usual forum post about deleting shaders and verifying is attached this has already been done - along with adjust paging size

Nothing works. I find it very strange how all of a sudden 1000's of players are hit with the same d3d error and its blamed on the GPU, when all of us play different games outside of Bannerlord absolutely fine. It clearly is an issue with this game and not the GPU.

Please stopping passing off blame and look into this error deeper

More interesting would be, if this is a driver bug/issue and it has nothing to do with MM2, have Taleworld reported the bug (as I assume they have more insight into the bug) to Nvidia?

Completely agree with both of you, they should be reaching out to AMD and NVIDIA to see why their own game can't perform correctly. I am also now past the point of securing a refund from steam so they have me locked...

Just so I can also cross out more hotfixes, I have completely fresh installed my PC this morning. Removed every single piece of personal and gaming items. Complete windows install and the game still crashes. Its beyond a joke if im honest. I have booted up numerous other games and they all work bar Bannerlord. This is clearly a Bannerlord issue and not a GPU issue that its palmed off to be. Shocking customer service

2024-01-27_15.11.41_2bde891503e9eb990b43eb280024a097

This game hates older GPU cards with only 8G mem, with my 1080, BL crashed all the time. I found a work around by playing in a window Box and playing on LOW performance. Then crashes only happened rarely.

So i upgraded my GPU to a 7900 XTX with 24G mem and ... all the problems went away. I could play on High and was stable.

I suspect there is a Rogue Pointer Bug in the code / driver somewhere, something to do with Allocating memory I suspect ?

This game hates older GPU cards with only 8G mem, with my 1080, BL crashed all the time. I found a work around by playing in a window Box and playing on LOW performance. Then crashes only happened rarely.

So i upgraded my GPU to a 7900 XTX with 24G mem and ... all the problems went away. I could play on High and was stable.

I suspect there is a Rogue Pointer Bug in the code / driver somewhere, something to do with Allocating memory I suspect ?
Appreciate the advice, I am due an upgrade on my motherboard and gpu... just not a priority at the moment.

I still think its comical that I can run RDR2/GTA/Battlefield/TheDivision2+ many many others absolutely fine with no crashes. Yet I try to run this on mid graphics when running most others on high and its completley unplayable. I can just about load the save and as soon as I enter battle it crashes.

Guess I can try to significantly drop all the graphic settings and start saving for a new mobo and gpu

We need to write a new game, "Bug hunter" where you debug BL code hunting down those RPB creatures. Everyone you kill, gets praise from BL gamers and silence from TW..

Tongue in cheek.

Last edited:
4070 GPU, same driver version, same game version, same error, but happened when entering smithy on a new character. I have lost the dump identifier, but if it happens again I'll add it.

also got this crash waiting in town overnight.

Imgur made it unreadable: d3d_device_context_->Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed!

I hadn't realised that there is a driver update available but I was playing for an hour or so and in some big battles without crashing.

Can you try the workaround below?
CRASH - RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE
Unfortunately, the crash you have experienced is a GPU crash. Sadly we can't directly offer support on these cases. You can try expanding the swap size on your hard disk but please note that it is not a solid fix. You can find more info regarding this here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Same here
GPU 5700XT
CPU AMD 3600X
16 RAM

I have tried everything, it is very frustrating to want to play and not be able to because at the slightest I get this error. And it only happens with this game, I can play any other game and they work perfectly.

Can you try the workaround below?
I have already tried this - still doesn't work. It makes no sense how I can't run this game without crashing but can run every well known current game with high graphics.

Just to highlight I run the below fine -

Forza Horizon
Star Citizen
DayZ
GTA
RDR2
Battlefield
Tarkov

If I can run all of the above absolutely fine then this issue needs to be investigated on your side. Its not just me who it affects, the amount of threads from similar issues is concerning. It has to be an optimisation error on your part.

Issue also happens for me
GPU: RX580
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Ram 32GB

I have expanded my hard disk swap size, Completely uninstalled bannerlord including the ProgramData and Documents folder, Uninstalled my display Drivers with DDU and tried 5 different versions available on the AMD website. The Graphics settings don't effect the crash at all it will still occur at a random time on any settings. Hell I even did physical checks on my computer to make sure It didn't need to be cleaned or something. I don't know what process you guys use to determine the root of bugs but I can guarantee you this is a game problem not hardware problem.

A perfect game to use in comparison is Total War Warhammer 3, The game runs perfectly fine on very high settings and is more intense to run than bannerlord in almost all ways

Yes this has worked for me, around 6 hours gametime without crashing since.
The first time I also tried this fix the game was much more stable for a while as well but eventually started giving d3d errors back to back after around 12~ hours of gameplay, I don't know much at all about game development but from the patterns of this issue ive noticed it seems to happen if the game caches a faulty texture or something. I tried changing my TDR to see if letting my GPU have longer to think about it would help but it seems like something in bannerlord is causing the crash rather than the GPU because as I said I adjusted the TDR but the crash would occur near instantly after freezing which should not happen with an increased TDR time if it was GPU side.

Back
Top Bottom