Custom Troops Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

murkamk1 said:
Leonion said:
Yes, when you do something, it usually means there is no way to do so.

I'm sorry English is not my native language I didn't really understand what you meant there
He means that you can ask your lords manually in the conversation to use the Merc guild's troops. As for setting as your culture automatically, there's no option for that.
Side note:You can modify the troop tree by yourself via morghs if you want the mercs to be upgradable from your village/culture, but yeah you will be too OP balance-wise

willyflare said:
murkamk1 said:
Leonion said:
Yes, when you do something, it usually means there is no way to do so.

I'm sorry English is not my native language I didn't really understand what you meant there
He means that you can ask your lords manually in the conversation to use the Merc guild's troops. As for setting as your culture automatically, there's no option for that.
Side note:You can modify the troop tree by yourself via morghs if you want the mercs to be upgradable from your village/culture, but yeah you will be too OP balance-wise

Thanks)

So, anyone figure out a work around for the newest version where your hired troops get stripped naked at midnight if they have better than average gear on.

If I had known the dev's where adding a "fix" in for that, I think I would have just stuck with the crashes and just stayed away from snow walkers. That was a really petty "fix" that only affected a few people who didn't like the new system. Good job.

I created the custom troops.
I balanced the custom troops.
I polished the custom troops.
And they will be in the game the way I see them, like it or not.

Does giving hired mercenaries items increase their auto-calc strength? I wanted to test this since I told all my lords to use them and if it doesn't my whole army is bad now

I first got myself 10 hired recruits and checked the estimated strength it was 5
And then I gave them the best armor they could get (using stones and xbows) and gave them a decent sword with bow and darkwood arrows they still had 5 estimated strength

Then I found 20 drahan deserters to test their strength
Against the 20 drahan deserters they destroyed them in the field
EoVAN.jpg
But when I tried auto-calcing the battle they got destroyed being able to only kill 1 of them

Then I made them into hired knights and fought the 20 drahan deserters without giving them equipment
First on field they got completely destroyed
u-cNG.jpg
[/url]
But on auto-calc they destroyed their foes without losing one troop
yX7mL.jpg

Is there anyway I can manually alter their auto-calc strength or am I better off telling my lords not to use them?

Your pictures aren't showing up.

Besides that, I'm very interested in the answer too. From what you describe, it sounds like they just have a fixed autocalc strength based on their tier, and equipment plays no part in it, which would be unfortunate.

Lord Irontoe said:

I changed the site I used for the images. Does it show up now?

Lord Irontoe said:
Besides that, I'm very interested in the answer too. From what you describe, it sounds like they just have a fixed autocalc strength based on their tier, and equipment plays no part in it, which would be unfortunate.

It seems that way.
I also made them higher level, gave them better tactics and combat skills with higher attributes and proficiencies.
wSzUG.jpg
But it didn't raise their estimated strength value.
nYnvh.jpg
And the result of the auto-calc battle was the same.

murkamk1 said:
Lord Irontoe said:

I changed the site I used for the images. Does it show up now?

Works now

murkamk1 said:
Lord Irontoe said:

It seems that way.
I also made them higher level, gave them better tactics and combat skills with higher attributes and proficiencies.
wSzUG.jpg
But it didn't raise their estimated strength value.
nYnvh.jpg
And the result of the auto-calc battle was the same.

I've heard that editing a troops stats doesn't affect their autocalc strength because that needs to be calculated ahead of time, like when the mod gets compiled maybe or at some point early on, so I'm guessing that it isn't something that can change dynamically in game. If that's the case, then it might just be an engine limitation and the hired troops just have to be given arbitrary strength values.

That might also be why its important to keep their gear within the recommended values, so that their real strength roughly matches their autocalc strength

I've heard that editing a troops stats doesn't affect their autocalc strength because that needs to be calculated ahead of time, like when the mod gets compiled maybe or at some point early on, so I'm guessing that it isn't something that can change dynamically in game. If that's the case, then it might just be an engine limitation and the hired troops just have to be given arbitrary strength values.
AC values stored in module, right. But for example in PoP CKO has dynamic value based on their stats and gear (and i think basic KOs value also increases with stat upgrades), so it's possible.

T.L.S. said:
AC values stored in module, right. But for example in PoP CKO has dynamic value based on their stats and gear (and i think basic KOs value also increases with stat upgrades), so it's possible.

But do the PoP CKOs really have a dynamic strength value? Its hard to know for sure since PoP doesn't show a value like Perisno does. It was actually the PoP devs who said that editing a troop's stats has no effect on its autocalc strength because its already set, so who knows?

But do the PoP CKOs really have a dynamic strength value
It was mentioned by its devs, struggling to find that post though. But what i managed to find, that PoP utilises some modified autocalc script.
Actually @Leonion  is all we need to know for sure about Perisno , maybe he can also clarify on PoP since he helped their team with some features.

Back
Top Bottom