Custom spawn not showing up ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cracka

Squire
Hi there,

I'm trying to spawn a hero bandit in native, I believe I've done everything by the book, but when i start a new game, he is nowhere to be found.

This is what i have so far, please tell me if something looks out of place. 

Troops:
["knight_who_says_ni","Knight_Who_Says_Ni","Knights_Who_Say_Ni",tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0,reserved, fac_outlaws,[itm_linen_tunic,itm_hide_boots,itm_club],
  str_7|agi_7|int_11|cha_6|level(1),wp(40),knows_merchant_npc|
  knows_trade_2|knows_weapon_master_1|knows_ironflesh_1|knows_wound_treatment_1|knows_athletics_2|knows_first_aid_1|knows_leadership_1,
  0x000000019d004001570b893712c8d28d00000000001dc8990000000000000000],

Parties:

("knights_of_ni_spawn_point"  ,"knights_of_ni_sp",pf_disabled|pf_is_static, no_menu, pt_knight_of_ni, fac_outlaws,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-43, 96),[(trp_knight_who_says_ni,1,1)]),

Template:

("knight_of_ni","Knight_Of_Ni",icon_axeman|carries_goods(2),0,fac_outlaws,bandit_personality,[(trp_knight_who_says_ni,1,1)]),

I have a hunch, that there is something wrong with my spawn coordinates because i just copied the Coordinates from the Sea raiders. This being Native, i can't use any map editor for reference.

I would be grateful for some help with this.

I was not sure whether to replace the disabled flag or remove it completely, so i opted to delete it.

He spawned, but not like i thought he would. He just stands there like a stunned mullet and won't move, and is actually a prisoner of himself, though i can't fathom why that is.

Even if i open him up in the editor it shows he is not a prisoner, also has the correct min max troops.

Now the code looks like this:

("knights_of_ni_spawn_point"  ,"knights_of_ni",pf_always_visible, no_menu, pt_knight_of_ni, fac_outlaws,0,ai_bhvr_patrol_location,0,(-43, 96),[(trp_knight_who_says_ni,1,1)]),

Is there anything else i should correct ?

Awesome, he is now not his own prisoner. But still won't move, no matter what Ai_bhvr i give him.

That's not the way to spawn parties at all and was probably obsoleted in early betas.
See the spawning scripts for bandits (script_spawn_xxx) and insert your own code there or make your own logic when it spawns. If you want to make it patrol or something else, look for party_set_ai_behavior in the code and how it's used for lords.

MadVader said:
That's not the way to spawn parties at all and was probably obsoleted in early betas.
See the spawning scripts for bandits (script_spawn_xxx) and insert your own code there or make your own logic when it spawns. If you want to make it patrol or something else, look for party_set_ai_behavior in the code and how it's used for lords.

Man, that scripting stuff is way beyond me. I only just learned to put items into the game. Been working on just the items and troop balancing for the last month, trying to get it all done for this long weekend so i can actually get some play time in.

That's why i am trying to cut as many corners as possible, thought maybe someone could fill in a blank or two since i am really close getting these spawns to work.

At this rate i can't see myself getting it running correctly, so I've fallen back to plan (B) which is reworking the entire troop roster. I'll have a look at scripting when i have another long weekend.  :wink:

Thanks for the info though.

Back
Top Bottom