Custom Servers should be Taleworlds only priority right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Without private/custom servers, multiplayer will die before full launch. Taleworlds made a major mistake when it did not provide this when EA first launched. The only reason warband has lasted so damn long is because of clans and custom servers. Multiple clans have already prepared for their own servers including my own. The general incompetence displayed by Taleworlds at this point is ridiculous. No development roadmap, development updates like once a month, and mediocre community involvement is killing this game.

Please for the love of everything holy in this world release something other than bull**** "soon" responses

I support this post. We need more posts about this. If we get this entire forum to be posts about custom servers maybe they will understand... but i don't have much hope.

If you haven't already go make a thread for custom servers c:

You need players to play the game first
You need to fix the mechanics to keep those players. If there's people still waiting for custom servers in warband or whatever they say, let then wait. Fix the game, they will come when the custom servers get released.

You need to fix the mechanics to keep those players. If there's people still waiting for custom servers in warband or whatever they say, let then wait. Fix the game, they will come when the custom servers get released.
When they released EA they had immense potential to bring in new players, once those players realized the multiplayer was a rotting ****hole, they left. You bring back custom servers which maintains the current player base and grows it and possibly brings back those new players but doesn't gurantee it. If they keep putting off servers then the situation just gets worse. You can fix mechanics all day long but there is a limited window to bring in players and keep them. The goal is to not kill bannerlord before it's full release.

"Fix the game".

They had 10 years to finish the game, and you really think they will ever finish it

Without private/custom servers, multiplayer will die before full launch. Taleworlds made a major mistake when it did not provide this when EA first launched. The only reason warband has lasted so damn long is because of clans and custom servers. Multiple clans have already prepared for their own servers including my own. The general incompetence displayed by Taleworlds at this point is ridiculous. No development roadmap, development updates like once a month, and mediocre community involvement is killing this game.

Please for the love of everything holy in this world release something other than bull**** "soon" responses

I only agree on roadmap so we know that Taleworlds have a good vision about their game so they dont run around listen to every person whining about what they want. This is why development is going so poorly, they are trying to satify so many different people their game is slowly turning out like many other EA games, dying because the same people keep on whining on different things through the whole EA cycle and when it's released the game is a total **** fest and the same people are still whining.

Also, you're saying that development update once a month is a bad thing? Is this literally your first EA game or what are you on about? Most EA games do a 3-6 month cycle on their updates.

Im not saying custom servers is'nt important, just saying that from your perspective this might seem like super high priority while it probably is'nt. People whined since launch about moding tools, now they are released to some extent and this will take ALOT of development to get right, so now we gotta wait for that.

One month between patches isn't that bad, though I'd say only about one so far has had much impact on the overall MP experience. I think the bigger problem is leaving us with a broken patch for over two months, it's killing whatever was left of the player base to begin with, and the crush through problems should have been addressed in a hotfix long ago let alone make it through testing.

Whilst I'm sure they have their reasons, I can't help but feel like they've made a deal somewhere along the line with the server providers that's stopping them from releasing custom servers.. Of course that's pure speculation and I hope they're just holding back until it's at a stable level.

EDIT: Also after re-reading, I believe by 'Development Updates' he means the videos in which they let us know what they're working on. It's the closest thing to a road-map we've got, however it seems to focus more on features that have already been completed.

I only agree on roadmap so we know that Taleworlds have a good vision about their game so they dont run around listen to every person whining about what they want. This is why development is going so poorly, they are trying to satify so many different people their game is slowly turning out like many other EA games, dying because the same people keep on whining on different things through the whole EA cycle and when it's released the game is a total **** fest and the same people are still whining.

Completely false. Early access games don't die because they try to satisfy all the people, if so please back it up with proof.

You're talking about bannerlord, a game that has a well established community behind it. You're not talking about some random indie game that made their first game. Bannerlord is supposed to be warband and more.

Early access titles with no game beforehand are right to have the devs have their own vision, because it's the first game in the game series they create most of the time. Bannerlord doesn't have this because it has numerous games that all have the same direction, and so does bannerlord.

They're not just randomly talking to some people who just found about the game. They're talking to people who have spend countless years of their lives either playing or contributing to it. If you really think they are just a bunch of random people, you clearly don't understand the community this game has.

The rest of your post is the same nonsense, you look at early access and think they should only restrict to a few updates every few months. That's not the definition of an early access, and not a reason why most early access games do this. If you actually did look at the early access games, you would know a lot of them are small indie companies with little to no experience behind it. Bannerlord isn't unexperienced in releasing games. They have the capital and team to release patches on a quicker pace then most EA titles

Completely false. Early access games don't die because they try to satisfy all the people, if so please back it up with proof.

You're talking about bannerlord, a game that has a well established community behind it. You're not talking about some random indie game that made their first game. Bannerlord is supposed to be warband and more.

Early access titles with no game beforehand are right to have the devs have their own vision, because it's the first game in the game series they create most of the time. Bannerlord doesn't have this because it has numerous games that all have the same direction, and so does bannerlord.

They're not just randomly talking to some people who just found about the game. They're talking to people who have spend countless years of their lives either playing or contributing to it. If you really think they are just a bunch of random people, you clearly don't understand the community this game has.

The rest of your post is the same nonsense, you look at early access and think they should only restrict to a few updates every few months. That's not the definition of an early access, and not a reason why most early access games do this. If you actually did look at the early access games, you would know a lot of them are small indie companies with little to no experience behind it. Bannerlord isn't unexperienced in releasing games. They have the capital and team to release patches on a quicker pace then most EA titles

Latest example is Torchlight 3, take a look at that development and see what it became because they listened to a few people that keept on whining. Tomorrow is release day and the game is a total mess.

Yes you have a say, I did'nt tell you to not express you thoughts, it's just the way people formulate their wishes, like what they want is most important and of highest priority all the time.

Mate dont you think I know what an indie game is? I've probably backed 20 times or infinitely more kickstarter games than you and I've got like 150 games on my Steam that are or at some point was Early an access games. I've seen games succeed and becoming truly great and loved and games starting of as big titles and die before launch day. A hint: Most of the succefull ones had a vision and a roadmap and did what they set out to do from the start and added/removed/reworked some things the community really wanted. Because the reality is that neither I and I assume 90% of the community here is'nt game developers, we know what we want but we dont know what we ask for.

Ofcourse alot of this could be fixed if Taleworlds released an actual roadmap so we know what their vision for the game is and goals for each feature. That would clear up most of this mess.

And belive me, I played Mount&Blade when it was a damn shareware on a disk from a gaming magazine when you only could level upp to 6 and the game ended back around 2006. I also love this game and want it to succeed.

Latest example is Torchlight 3, take a look at that development and see what it became because they listened to a few people that keept on whining. Tomorrow is release day and the game is a total mess.

Yes you have a say, I did'nt tell you to not express you thoughts, it's just the way people formulate their wishes, like what they want is most important and of highest priority all the time.

Mate dont you think I know what an indie game is? I've probably backed 20 times or infinitely more kickstarter games than you and I've got like 150 games on my Steam that are or at some point was Early an access games. I've seen games succeed and becoming truly great and loved and games starting of as big titles and die before launch day. A hint: Most of the succefull ones had a vision and a roadmap and did what they set out to do from the start and added/removed/reworked some things the community really wanted. Because the reality is that neither I and I assume 90% of the community here is'nt game developers, we know what we want but we dont know what we ask for.

Ofcourse alot of this could be fixed if Taleworlds released an actual roadmap so we know what their vision for the game is and goals for each feature. That would clear up most of this mess.

And belive me, I played Mount&Blade when it was a damn shareware on a disk from a gaming magazine when you only could level upp to 6 and the game ended back around 2006. I also love this game and want it to succeed.
Those wishes you talk about are mostly in the SP section. MP players have a whole different way of creating it. TW has been doing their own thing for MP for a while, and they didn't appeal to anyone. In the contrary they appeased no one. It's time to release the custom server files and let the community make something out of it.

The question is not about TW finishing native MP anymore, it's the fact a lot of people just don't want to play native. They want to play on other mods and no custom server files is prohibiting that.

Game kind of got totally scrapped once and probably another time so that's a bit of explanation there.
Can you quote a source to confirm this?

Also even if so, this just means taleworlds has a problem with management. It isn't an excuse to delay development. A proper excuse could be:

Earthquake
Flooding
Volcano erupt
A fire in the office
Meteor hit the earth

Those are valid things they could not have prevented or expected.

Can you quote a source to confirm this?

Also even if so, this just means taleworlds has a problem with management. It isn't an excuse to delay development. A proper excuse could be:

Earthquake
Flooding
Volcano erupt
A fire in the office
Meteor hit the earth

Those are valid things they could not have prevented or expected.
I think it was confirmed in a turkish interview that the game was scrapped ONCE. But that i heard somewhere on the forums a looong time ago on an old thread that i kept trying to find and couldn't. But the new source i found was a Resonant video that explained a lot of things about TW and made me understand about their past and things like that. He even said that the game was rumoured to be scrapped a SECOND time but that one is really doubtfull tbh

Back
Top Bottom