SP - UI Custom Battle need some Love™

Users who are viewing this thread

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
Custom battle is undoubtedly a scenario where the player can carry out games made to their liking, being these a fundamental testing ground.
Like its previous version, we have several buttons to modify the troop quantity, choose our hero, faction, battle mode and map selection.

6GPg5.jpg

For Bannerlord this time we have more options when defining the parameters of the sieges (wall level, engines, etc); this is a great addition. However, I wonder if for Bannerlord, a little more love could be applied to this part of the game by means of the following additions:

x2KR2.jpg
zwHnp.jpg

- Define daytime/ atmosphere: Maybe a few atmosphere choices such as dawn, noon, afternoon, night, midnight...etc
- Names of maps linked to screenshots: It is difficult to choose from the pool of maps available without a visual reference to the map concerned.
- Choice of troops: In both Warband and Bannerlord the choice of troops is reduced to a choice of troops defined by the system. It would be nice if the player could define which troops are required for this; mod Custom Battle with Selectable Troops managed nicely by implementing this through a basic UI (click on the class icon and a troop choice drop down menu pops).

- Define daytime/ atmosphere:
This should be doable. I'll look into it.
- Names of maps linked to screenshots:
This is planned but no eta atm. Not an easy feature to implement sadly. We are either going to create them dynamically(which would create work for programmers) or scene designers are going to take their own screen shots(which would create work for level designers). We haven't decided on the implementation yet.

- Choice of troops:
That is already in the game by the way, we had that since the beginning(before EA started). That mod just enables the button.

When I implemented the feature for internal use(QA testers), there was a discussion about it. If we wanted to show it in a more emphasized/clear way or hide it in the screen since it was meant to be used only by the testers. It was decided that it was too micromanage-y and options would overwhelm the player. So that's why it's in such a place that, it looks hidden (since it is).

It's behind a IsDevelopmentMode check. I'll bring it up internally and look into enabling it by default.

That is already in the game by the way, we had that since the beginning(before EA started). That mod just enables the button.

When I implemented the feature for internal use(QA testers), there was a discussion about it. If we wanted to show it in a more emphasized/clear way or hide it in the screen since it was meant to be used only by the testers. It was decided that it was too micromanage-y and options would overwhelm the player. So that's why it's in such a place that, it looks hidden (since it is).

It's behind a IsDevelopmentMode check. I'll bring it up internally and look into enabling it by default.
Please do, even if it is behand an "advanced" button/menu

This should be doable. I'll look into it.

This is planned but no eta atm. Not an easy feature to implement sadly. We are either going to create them dynamically(which would create work for programmers) or scene designers are going to take their own screen shots(which would create work for level designers). We haven't decided on the implementation yet.

So once again thanks for the info. ? (y)

I have the feeling that you guys (Tw) underestimate the average player; too much "that would overwhelm the player" seems to me :iamamoron:. With a "button" of advanced troops picking you would have it in hand...the player who wants fast action, won't press it. The one who wants to experiment with the troops, will have the option to do so.

You have that behind the curtain and you don't want to show it... really, Taleworlds there is no way to understand you. ?

An option for amount of reinforcement waves would be nice.

Stuff like trying to hold out against 3 waves of 100 peasants with 20 elite troops or defending a settlement against waves of enemies, the Battle of Helm's deep comes to mind.

It's just not possible when you face all the enemies at once.

An option for amount of reinforcement waves would be nice.

Stuff like trying to hold out against 3 waves of 100 peasants with 20 elite troops or defending a settlement against waves of enemies, the Battle of Helm's deep comes to mind.

It's just not possible when you face all the enemies at once.

thats quite interesting idea

As far as I know, the reinforcements in the campaign are the troops that went over the battle size limit. If the battle size was 1000 lets say, and the battle was between 400vs400, there would be no "reinforcements".

As far as I know, the reinforcements in the campaign are the troops that went over the battle size limit.
Yes this is what we want in custom battle, with the default 500 vs 500 maximum, but then have another slider for the amount of reinforcements, say 250 for each side.

It could work the exact same as in campaign, it just gives us the option of bigger battles in custom battle.

I'm saying, that would be adding a reinforcement feature to custom battle that campaign doesn't have or support. The effect you're saying can already be achieved with the gameplay options.

I would very much love it if this were brought into the main game. One way may be a "simple" and "advanced" (choose troops and any commander) mode.

Currently this mod is frequently recommended for this purpose.

It does need to be updated to the latest version of Bannerlord at time of this writing though.

I wish they'd put (Khuzait) and so forth with the maps so we know what faction it belongs to. I have clue who owns Takor Castle. If it read Takor Castle (Sturgia) then it would be MUCH easier. Especially for those who are not deep into the game's lore/newcomers.

Also weather options! I want to select if it snows or rains.

@emrozdemir Thanks for adding the atmosphere daytime modifier, I really appreciate it. I wish you guys could reconsider the decision to enable the manual selection of troops; many more players than you think would have a positive view towards this decision.
Your Christmas present... :iamamoron:
baseball+bat+and+ball+gift

How you dare you voting that in the poll?. You're are a piece of work, mate...
/joke

---
Merry Christmas, stay safe :party:

Very good job! @MRay

One last thing, is it possible for troops to wear the color and emblem of the clan that represents the faction?

Back
Top Bottom