Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glass_Justice said:
Why are you going to have it require sources for undead generation? Necromancy is already kind of bad tbh. There's no reason to use undead over living troops.
Necromancy is A Wonderful thing, but mostly for the late game. Sure they die pretty fast, but a Decent Necromancy skill can spawn a few hundred skeletons after a big siege that can surpass your party limit, meaning that you have Free Castle and Town Defense. That removes the running around you have to do to keep conquered area's stocked.
Early game, yea, you won't get much out of it. A Skeleton/Zombie army will easily get ripped to shreds. And that health loss from summoning your base army will really put you out of a lot of fights. Not to mention, since some of the undead start with bows and some don't, you can't accurately use them for Archer or Infantry lines.
So, in short, the reason to use Undead over the living is Availability. Sure, it's better to grow living recruits throughout the early to mid game, But once you reach that late game, that easy 100 Skeleton boost after a fight makes life so much easier.

guspav said:
Necromancy is being updated and improved. There are many plans for it to be a kind of magic, complete with it's own spell book. For the time being, recruiting specific undead troops is now a possibility (skeleton cavalry, shadow assassins, etc.).

Saw the the stuff I commented on above before I saw this. I am quite excited for the Necromancy Rework. Keep up the good work man.

Mapleveins said:
Chepe said:
>Mod still being updated
OUR TIME IS NOW

Wut
This was one of my favorite warband mods and I'm overjoyed to see that it's still being updated. 90% of warband mods have at least one thing in the mod that completely ruins the experience. But this one stands out as a gem. GET HYPE

Bandit___Man said:
What percentage of the mod is done i.e 90% 80%
Doesn't matter as long as the positive relations for enemies gets fixed. After a year of not playing, because of that glitch ruining a play-through for me, I came back and forgot why I stopped playing then did it again. ****

So any status updates?

Also do you have any way of implementing custom troops, if so it would be nice to make an elite version of undead for the lich wich can be customized, or just add 10blank undead heroes to the party wich can be recalled when lost via camp menu.

With a starting dialog of I live to serve or something. Or you can make one and do a ritual, call it revenant summoning or Bound Knight wich would be repeatable up to a limit bassed on necromancy.

The mod is taking a nap currently as I am very busy with real life and I am kind of stuck with those nast bugs I mentioned earlier. I guess my best bet will be to reassemble the mod little by little from the (new) vanilla code up and hopefully all those bugs will disappear.

Good to hear you are still on it, though I don't get much time to play anyway. Real life happens here as well, it seems. :smile: Still the best mod, IMO.

guspav said:
The mod is taking a nap currently as I am very busy with real life and I am kind of stuck with those nast bugs I mentioned earlier. I guess my best bet will be to reassemble the mod little by little from the (new) vanilla code up and hopefully all those bugs will disappear.

UNACCEPTABLE *thRoWs AllL The TABLeS*
hehe just kidding :razz:

Mapleveins said:
guspav said:

UNACCEPTABLE *thRoWs AllL The TABLeS*
hehe just kidding :razz:

Well I sure hope you can manage to return to it.  I have played about 5 or 6 other mods and this is the by far the one with the best replayability. 

I'm kinda stuck right now. There are some nasty bugs that I can't seem to be able to solve. I think I broke the Warband engine somehow so it's acting really strangely: variables sometimes change value, prisoners will leave the party after about a full day, overworld sites will switch icons... Maybe I added too many things or something, but I ported the mod little by little to the newest module system and the bugs persist. I'll have to think for a while how to solve this or maybe even disable a few of the newer things and see if those bugs vanish.

Yeah, too bad, Guspav. This mod deserves better. It is very good in its current iteration, but promises so much more! Here's hoping you get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom