Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Longarm said:
And have they added the native faction towns back? Map feels very empty without them :sad:

They never got out of the game but the map has been enlarged, so it can feel a bit empty at times especially in the Sarranid desert which is already huge in Native. I think a map size reduction could be possible without feeling crammed - in Warsword there are a lot of towns much closer but it doesn't feel too close either (also a lot of emptiness, but that's gonna be fixed with the next version)

Wendek said:
Sir Longarm said:
And have they added the native faction towns back? Map feels very empty without them :sad:

They never got out of the game but the map has been enlarged, so it can feel a bit empty at times especially in the Sarranid desert which is already huge in Native. I think a map size reduction could be possible without feeling crammed - in Warsword there are a lot of towns much closer but it doesn't feel too close either (also a lot of emptiness, but that's gonna be fixed with the next version)

What? They got rid of Wercheg for example. If I remember correctly. And some villages as well.
EDIT: I just checked let's play and they were all there... This is very strange, because I had many villages removed. Possibly corrupted file?

No cities have been removed from the Native module, just added a few more.

On another note: As you have probably noticed, I am giving some love to the character classes so they offer real advantages other than a few skill points and so on.
I am currently developing some fun stuff for the rogue. Right now you'll be able to pick the pockets of unsuspecting town walkers.
Basically a 1d20 + stealth skill check. If you fail, you'll be chased by the guards and if knocked out, you will land in prison and lose some reputation in the city you were caught. There are plans for a thieves guild and some thief related quests to earn some money and useful items.

guspav said:
No cities have been removed from the Native module, just added a few more.

On another note: As you have probably noticed, I am giving some love to the character classes so they offer real advantages other than a few skill points and so on.
I am currently developing some fun stuff for the rogue. Right now you'll be able to pick the pockets of unsuspecting town walkers.
Basically a 1d20 + stealth skill check. If you fail, you'll be chased by the guards and if knocked out, you will land in prison and lose some reputation in the city you were caught. There are plans for a thieves guild and some thief related quests to earn some money and useful items.
That is great! Totally awesome feature actually. Good work!

Awesome! Rogues really need some love in this battle-centric game. Don't get me wrong, I love the battles, but not very rogue-ish to have heavy armour and huge army.

Congratz to you if you manage to make pickpocketing actually useful... in all the D&D games I know it's always been absolutely worthless since it can give you very paltry sums even when maxed, in games where having thousands of pieces at the end is common place.
I suppose all those quests and thingies will only happen if the player himself is a rogue ? At which point the question becomes : is there a reason to have a rogue companion ? (and can they even be rogues in fact or is it player-only ?)

Wendek said:
Congratz to you if you manage to make pickpocketing actually useful... in all the D&D games I know it's always been absolutely worthless since it can give you very paltry sums even when maxed, in games where having thousands of pieces at the end is common place.
I suppose all those quests and thingies will only happen if the player himself is a rogue ? At which point the question becomes : is there a reason to have a rogue companion ? (and can they even be rogues in fact or is it player-only ?)
Yes! There will be a reason for rogue companions (Quionna, Borcha and Klethi will be assigned as rogues).  There will be an option in sieges to send your rogue companions or yourself to sabotage the target city's defenses. I still need to think about how it would be done, though :wink:

that sounds seriously sweet, perhaps they can assassinate specific troops or wound a lord so they wont take part in the coming battle?
:grin:

Few sabotage ideas from me:
-open gate (city siege) - first, main battle, takes place on town streets instead of siege scene
-poison wells/destroy food supplies - just as in Brytenwalda, this action reduces the time needed to force the enemy to capitulate
-provoking mutiny - some low-tier enemy units may join besiegers - worse situation in besieged town/castle - better chance for it
-blowing up arsenal - reduced attack value for defending forces/less ammo (don't know which is easier to do)
-kidnapping/assasination of important person/prominent citizen - the enemy is more inclined to surrender

if rogue fails, he should be imprisoned and player army could lose some morale... unless player was that rogue, then it's the end of the siege  :razz:

Remember This:

guspav said:
So, now that the mod has been ported to 1.165-1.166, I am starting to add a bunch of new stuff, and, since many suggested another tier of native troops and I agree that they would add some more color and power to the native factions, here are some of them:
(please don't pay too much attention to the stats, they still need to be revised)

New to the Vaegir troop tree:

New to the Nord troop tree:

New to the Rhodok troop tree:

I'll upload some new screen shots from the other tier 6 units soon.

I was just wondering if we could see the other factions, or if they were ever finished? I think I saw sarranids somewhere but I have not seen kerigits or Swadiens and mercs if there are any. Just curious to see them if you have them.

SeriousKnight01 said:
Remember This:

guspav said:
So, now that the mod has been ported to 1.165-1.166, I am starting to add a bunch of new stuff, and, since many suggested another tier of native troops and I agree that they would add some more color and power to the native factions, here are some of them:
(please don't pay too much attention to the stats, they still need to be revised)

New to the Vaegir troop tree:

New to the Nord troop tree:

New to the Rhodok troop tree:

I'll upload some new screen shots from the other tier 6 units soon.

I was just wondering if we could see the other factions, or if they were ever finished? I think I saw sarranids somewhere but I have not seen kerigits or Swadiens and mercs if there are any. Just curious to see them if you have them.
Sarranids:
guspav said:
Here is how the tier 6 Sarranids are looking now!

These CWE models and textures are really top notch!
But yeah ,Khergits and Swadians are still missing.

Edit:
Merc
guspav said:
- Added new mercenaries! (and more are on their way)

truth1001 said:
that sounds seriously sweet, perhaps they can assassinate specific troops or wound a lord so they wont take part in the coming battle?
:grin:

That would be amazingly useful. The higher a rogue's "Assassination" or ETC skill level could determine how much damage the lord takes, eventually enough to keep them out of combat. The question is how would it be viable enough to put points into over say stacking power strike or ETC instead? Right now there's so many skills there's a saturation of great skills and not enough points to place them without high int.

IIRC there is something be done to help alleviate this by providing skill points without providing levels, but I digress.

What about expanding it so that the next highest level troops after the lord are also affected as you level up? So let's say you have assassination rank 2-3. You do enough damage to knock out say King Ragnar and maybe one or two of his top Jarl Chosen troops. With say something like 10 You could knock out a good 20-40 of the top troops making them unable to fight (Wounded/Unconscious in the party before the fight starts). You could even have certain daggers or short blades to give you + Assassination skill points to further increase the amount of units you take out before a major fight.

To balance this and prevent abuse (E.G. Entering combat with a party, leaving, and then coming back to them repeatedly) you could provide something like a 2 day cool down timer between "Assassination skill" being able to proc on the party. It would also give you a notice at the bottom left if it procced, or maybe an option in the menu before you start a fight to choose when to use it so as you fight a small group of bandits and have no need to use it, but later that day you plan attacking a Lord's party where it has more use. If it used something like the cool down timer from the Necromancy's summoning ability, and was an option to use it at the screen "Enter battle/Join battle/Charge Enemy" it would be IMO the most effective implementation.

Overall I could see this being really useful for a rogue and actually giving them even more ways to be a viable and interesting class.

EDIT: Tangent, I should spoiler this and move it to the suggestions post. Read above if you're interested!

Wanted to express my appreciation for the hard work. I always end up back on Phantasy.

I also vote for more 'options' and 'things to do' revolving around economy and building new structures/upgrades etc. I love building up. If you're taking opinions that is!

Regardless, great work! I know I speak for us all when I say I hope we always have you working on this mod!

I know that it may come across wrong, but I was wondering if we could get a progress update of sorts on where the mod is at this point. I don't mean when the next update is coming out, I know it comes when its ready, just what is implemented now, in the current progress of the next update. I would really help in formulating good suggestions and giving us some scope as to where the Mod is and where it is going.

This mod is amazing, and I'm really hyped for the next update, Thank you for all your hard work.

No matter what I always end up coming back to the same three mods as I'm sure many others in this thread do. I revolve around Perisno, Warsword C, and Phantasy Calradia. I always stop playing mount and blade for a while when I'm busy, but this seems like the time to come back. Perisno is being regularly updated as far as I can tell, and Warsword C and Phantasy are surely about to take the role as Warband's best mods.

I thought Warsword's update would be out by now, but if it comes out by the end of April and Phantasy comes out any time at all, I don't think I'm gonna be able to handle the awesomeness.

Anyway just posting this to say, really glad you're working on this Guspav and we're all really happy because of your hard work!

Yeah I sure hope Phantasy and Warsword aren't released at the exact same time or I'm gonna be lost (not like I can skip work to play M&B :lol: ). I honestly prefer Warsword's overall lore and atmosphere, but I'm dying to test Phantasy's new religion system, as well as the new Undead troops and the myriad of other new mechanics. As far as pure gameplay goes I think it's really one of the most "total conversion" mods I've seen, perhaps second only to TLD (which changes basially everything about the game, but is also hyper grindy)

I couldn't really get to Perisno however because it's just so hideous. I mean I'm fine with Warband's normal graphics but Perisno has something that makes half the characters way too deep in the uncanny valley for me. Do you know if it was ever fixed ? Last time I checked was admittedly some time in 2015.

As far as fantasy mods are concerned though, I'm also quite hyped for Rise of the Undead, but it's not in alpha yet so it has a long way to go.

Rise of the undead will be quite good. :grin:
But it will never be a match against Phantasy Calradia , Warsword Conquest or Chronicles of Might and Magic.. :lol:

I have two questions:
1) with the additions of gods, will I be able to worship vecna? (And will God choice be limited by race)

2) is lichdom getting a buff?

I'd love to play an orcish lich worshipper of Vecna.  The burning hand will never know what hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom