Current Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Because AI AutoCalc sucks.

My game really became a mess lately. We were at war with Lauria at last, and after a while we got peace with the IS. While clicking away at the campaign-map (or whatever you wanna call it), suddenly an option-screen pops up, and before I know I've accidentally nominated myself for Marshallship. And guess what? I won. God help Swadia.

I realised Swadia wouldn't surivie it this time, and decided to renounce my oath to Siggy (which I oddly hadn't given in the first place, I just sighned a Merc contract, but strangely became instantly a landless noble). After walking a bit around, I again signed a contract with the HSE, and hell, I'm a vassal again! And disastrous fact: I'm Marshall again too! Siggy's madness really became annoying. But then it was time to eat (in Real-Life).

After starting the game again, it crashed while loading. Guess it got corrupted by my resigning-oaths-I-never-gave, and merc-contracts-turning-out-to-be-the-Devil's-traps-to-ruin-Swadia-by-keeping-me-Marshall. So I deleted it, 'cause it really was broken.

Well, after that I tried out a Ducal foot char, but their infantry sucks, so now I started a new Swadian Doppelguy char. When school allows me a couple of free hours again, I can unleash my pikes on Swadia's enemies again!

Hooray for polearms and swords!

I've been playing around with SfB lately; and when it isn't crashing, then I'm...doing the same as always.

Nothing beats stomping around with a Laurian Tercio  :smile:

I wished I could say the same about my Landsknechts in SfB, but they don't seem to be very much the equals of the Laurians. :sad:
Besides, they are so expemsive that I can only hire abot twenty of them, what keeps my company ridiculously small (and the overall quality is rather bad).
Being a Swadian captain in Bermia is hard. Especcially 'cause the only Doppelguys are my Companions...

Be a guerilla strike force, then! Hunt down small parties, weakened lords (either with few soldiers or lots of wounded), caravans, peasants, patrols, scouts...lure enemy lords towards your allies, and reinforce allied lords in their battles to tip the scales! :grin:

That's exactly what I'm doing in tEatRC for some time, and it works great.
But in SfB, it doesn't work. First, those fat Bermianese militias are clad in such thick armour that my Swadians simply can't crush through it most of the time. And secondly, the expensive Landsknechts are ruining my finances: every man killed means a bag of money gone! That way, my company is almost everytime under-strength.

But I made a second char, a Halberd-toting Laurian foot captain. The tercios give fine, although girlish-looking soldiers. I miss the Zweihanders though.

Picked up good old TEATRC again after a long time off (and a short bugadventure in Bermia).

And good gods, why does anyone ever play anything else? I've already trained the companions into a medium-armour-clad, Sword-Buckler-and-Pistol brandishing core for my new force of Laurian stompers. A prisoner train full of lords; friend of my allies, bane of my foes! I'm back in business!

And I just lost another entire day of my life to the lure of TEATRC :cry:

Edit: Screw Life! I've got to save the Swadian way of Life and War! Vaegirs and Filaharnists need to die today! Halberd-points for everyone! Death to all horses! Screw bullets, I'm going in! :grin:

Shrugging Khan said:
I've already trained the companions into a medium-armour-clad, Sword-Buckler-and-Pistol brandishing core for my new force of Laurian stompers.
Funny, that's exactly how I equipped my companions (with my Laurian char) in SfB: like Rodoleros, with flintlock-pistols added to the weaponry. They're not as good as the Doppelsoldner companions of my Swadian char, but they give my advancing Tercio some cover from cruise missiles flying stones thrown by angry peasants!

Recently, I dropped my old Halberd, and picked up the unique Crocea Mors, sword of the first Ellisian Emperor, together with a Buckler shield. It slices through peasants and Haelmerians like butter, but the iron-clad Bermianese merchants give some problems. It's a great combination while leading my Tercio from the front, into a howling mass of Mercenary Landsknechts and Bermianese human tanks!
(I don't spent my hard-earned money on some Standard-Bearer!)

In a large battle against the Principality, I picked up a pike from one of my fallen warriors. I instantly impaled a by-riding Faventian Knight on it! I found this weapon is more deadly in my hands than even Crocea Mors! But I keep that one too, for the close hand-to-hand brawl where I rush forward (in proper Swadian Doppel fashion) to take the honor of slaying the enemy Standard Bearers!

I experimentally tried a companion force pure Halberdiers. It worked fairly well with high-quality equipment and armour, but the AI just doesn't seem to know how to use range correctly. So Shields and Swords are where it stays.

PS: Is it me, or are Standard Bearers way too stupid to leady a Tercio? They just run after single enemies while ignoring the bulk of the enemy forces... o_O

Go in module_scripts, find script_agent_check_backup, uncomment the block of code in the script directly ABOVE it that starts with #assign as part of formation. Not sure why I commented most of my code out.

Also, equipping a banner yourself changes the rate of weekly faction morale change or something.

I keep forgetting to add all the nifty lines of code somebody keeps posting. Horse-eating! Formations!

Current Events: Fighting Vaegir and Fillies for the Queen, while simultaneously running all over what's left of Swadia, assisting lords and driving back Filly and Vaegir invaders, trying to help the HSE last long enough to be conquered by someone worthy (Us!), if they won't make it. My group is 120 strong, about 100 Pikemen and all the companions, trained to nicely high levels (with almost crippling wages!), outfitted to work as Rodolero-esque brawlers with Schiavonas and large shields, as well as light pistols and (yeah, yeah, I cheated for that: ) 4-shot ammo packs - means they can shoot down mounted skirmishers riding around them, but won't just stand around like idiots forever, taking potshots at incoming infantry. When I'm knocked out, that is...with me conscious, I could just order them to hold fire according to the situation. But no no no, old me keeps having to Halberd his way straight into whatever enemies are close enough to poke. So I'm not exactly playing it cautiously, I admit.

My current ingame project is to get myself some disposable income. Looting is a valid source in itself, but a huge hassle to do manually. And I can't use auto-sell because, unlike in past versions, it also auto-sells everything in my personal inventory. Which I can't have, because all my situational equipment is in there :sad:

So what I need is either a castle with a chest, and the whole thing in some frontline position I can easily access, or persistent income other than mercenary wages (too low), village rents (practically none), deposit interest (negligible), or my current method of selling only a few pieces of high-value loot (ineffective, unreliable, and still insufficient).

Or, alternatively, somebody could tell the world how to change the auto-sell back to how it was? :grin:+
(That is; only selling items in the companion inventories / party inventory, but *not* what's in the player's.)

[list type=decimal]
[*]Look for menu_trade_auto_sell_begin  in menus.txt
[*]Look for 7 3 1224979098644774918 0 1224979098644774917
[*]The big number doesn't have to match, but change the 7 to a 6 and 0 to 1
[/list]

People! Great news! I GOT WARBAND! And I just installed tEatRC for it.

But hell, the installation was a *****, and the fighting seems a bit messed up:
"DIE, moron! WTF, 0 damage?!? ******* ****, I hacked that sword cleand through his ****ing head!"

Anyone knows how to downgrade my current version? I'm some kind of Computer Bararian, and the Steam-stuff is a real ***** (in contrast to the simple, straightforward installation of classic M&B).

You got it on steam? Poor you!

Make steam give you your CD key or registration code or whatever it's called, then download the basic Warband from the taleworlds homepage, THEN google for the 1.134 patch.

Good luck!

Er.

I already struggled through the installation, using a temporary wireless splinternet connection. Downloading a game from the net is one of the things I usually not consider, or try either. (me internetbarbarian.)

But anyway, many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom