Current Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Never mind, the game is playable (although all footwear seems to be unavailable at the Armourer's).

To be honest, I bought a DVD of WB (came from Germany since good games and movies usually don't appear in Dutch shops), and when I pressed "install M&B:WB", it loaded steam, and the only options were to either quit, create a Steam account, or log in on Steam. After going through that, after installing Steam and all, I was finally able to install the actual game.

So, Taleworlds didn't give me much choice...

BTW, I noticed an odd thing: when walking around in Swadia, Haelmarian and Ormeli Lords' parties start following me, and when they reach me, they just disappear.
And Borcha, who was ransomed by me (he was captured along with Marnid and Guymelef), keeps showing up, but I only say that I can't take him in my party. And I got only Artimenner and a few footmen in my company!

Dutch, eh? If you like, I really can send you a DVD with install files and instructions for a steam-less and TEATRC-compatible Wb. Can't stand to see a veteran like you with a crappy version!

(Although I'm going to Paris for a few days, so I won't be able to do it until next week).

No need for that, I think about returning to classic M&B again (already played a bit AOB: Europe 1805 today). Exept wooing the Ladies, and LT blitzkrieg (they took Ulm in the first in-game week!), there aren't much interesting features which I'll miss much. Beating Chobo is more fun in M&B than in WB, where I get beaten by groups of 4 looters!
Besides, I don't want to owe anybody anything. :wink:

No, I didn't...

BUT anyway, I was only doing SfB for WB to research stuff in there (I regard my 'old' M&B version as obsolete lore-wise).
For 'normal' playing, I prefer the vanilla versions of tEatRC and SfB.

Current events in tEatRC: Playing vanilla, in which I'm able to properly swing my Flamberge, I conducted some raids through Ormeli territory, facing Chobo and Faysal many times with my Landsknecht phalanx. I gained much renown, much experience, and a couple of uniques from the battles against Chobo -- I now got Fafniel, Elhayms broadsword, and Imelda's cutlass! Also, I recruited Baheshtur, and in his first battle, against Chobo too, he gained three levels! We did some nice brawling there.

But now, I should prepare for some serious warfare. Beating Chobo & co is fun, but it doesn't help the Empire much.

Changed to Schiavona mesh to realistic proportions, and understood why it was so hilariously deformed all the time. The guard clips with hands; especially when wearing gauntlets :razz:

So it's back to normal now. Amusingly broad, but still as pretty as ever <3

*Sits on the top of a hill swept by harsh wind and sups tea.*
And in the end, in this cruel and mysterious world, a poor fellow of the land has only a bunch of unstable certainties:

- if you ride fast enough, you can pass through an approaching horseman, be they allies or enemies;
- the Brigade of the Radiant Sitting Ducks is completely unable to do any harm. Most of the work is done by the deadly Kara-Khitan auxiliaries and occasionally by the Lowlanders;
- a pistol wielded by a Murond pistoleer has far more range and accuracy than a musket wielded by any Haelmarian cheese-eater;
- lords love to play Portal with you;
- Boyar Vasilij is the Party Dude: just give him the marshalship and he'll organize the longest (78 days) and most wasting feasts in the world;
- no matter how nice she may look or how funny her language may sound, never dig a Bohmenian woman;
- you all have heard stories about the kindness and rightneousness of the Grand Duchy and how much they help the Vaegir and Nirdamese dissidents escaping the Tsar's anger. Screw them. In the real world, they're just a lot of snobby kvas-soaked nobles who like sending waves after waves of equally kvas-soaked longbowmen and scythers to catch all the bullets on the way to the enemy;
- OBEY THY MASTERS, ****ERS!

I just love this mod.

I just burned my fingers because frying pans are hot and I am stupid when it comes to ambidexterity.

"Oooh, look, a piece of food fell down! Quick, grab it!"
"Now you accidentally gave the pan a whack. Quick, catch it!"
"Very well done! Now it's causing horrible burns on your fingers! Don't drop it, it's your best pan!"
"Excellent! The food is dirty, the Pan is scratched, and your Index finger looks like something that does not belong on a human body!"

God damned physics.

For some reason, this makes me want to play a game of TEATRC as a Swadian.

hJiNh.jpg

Is it something to do with the mod, or is the AI much more eager to take cities in Warband? In the original, I almost never saw a city get taken. Instead, factions would fight each other over some border castles, with ownership going back and forth. This is kind of crazy. A month or so in and Swadia is basically finished, while the Ormeli Empire is being overrun by the Duchy.

Also, autobattle make sieges really easy for the attackers.

How do the ducals win sieges, anyways? With scythers and haiduks against Landsknechte, Doppelsöldner and Crossbowmen?

I can't quite imagine it happening.

And yes, of course I ate it. It's still food  :smile:

Their peasants have higher level and greater numbers on average, giving them better auto-calc strength. Most second-tier troops are level 14 though, so it balances out. Ducal Peasants are at level 6 vs 4 for the rest of them (except 8 for Kaiserlichers with guns and 10 for Ellisians).

Toffey said:
hJiNh.jpg

Is it something to do with the mod, or is the AI much more eager to take cities in Warband? In the original, I almost never saw a city get taken. Instead, factions would fight each other over some border castles, with ownership going back and forth. This is kind of crazy. A month or so in and Swadia is basically finished, while the Ormeli Empire is being overrun by the Duchy.

Also, autobattle make sieges really easy for the attackers.
In the original M&B the marshall was a joke. Only once in a while was the AI able to put together enough men to take a city. In Warband the AI fights like they mean it and +1000 armies are quite common.

So, I'm facing the above-mentioned problem of some factions spreading like the plague, while others just keep bleeding terrain . (Looking at you, Lion Throne). I'm too early in the game to engage in political landscaping of my own, and cheating is a no-no.

If a faction should die out, is there a way to resurrect them?

God dammit. The Laurians and Swadians are busy eating each other's pikes, and all the while the barbarians keep swarming in from the ends of the world. The Lion Throne has already left the land, and it's all looking rather horrible.

I really shouldn't have stuffed all the LT lords into Swadian dungeons; maybe if I hadn't then the political balance would not be such utter crap by now - and it's only a 100 days in!

Back
Top Bottom