This is a tale of the rise and fall of Ngotunmistem, "Cultportal"
Current status: Year 3 and 4

Version used: 0.34.11 / Lazy Newb Pack version

Support Bay12 games if you think DF is amazing

Episode 1: The Non-Alcoholic Menace
Episode 2: The Trogdolyte Wars
Episode 3: Revenge of the Weremammoth, Part 1 / Part 2
Episode 4: An Old Hope

It's once again time to grab the pick, and inhale the miasma-flavoured fumes of a Dwarf Fortress succession game! For those new to this nonsense, the game is played (the succession game, the actual game is stupidly hard) thusly: A player plays the Fortress mode for one year in-game time, from spring to spring, chronicling his/her progress in this thread, and then saves and passes the save file to the next player in the list. Simple enough, though for one reason or another the TW off-topic community seems to have failed to do so time and time again. Not this time, however!

Some basic rules
A player has exactly one week to complete his turn and pass the save from the point he/she acknowledges to have received the save file. A player has exactly 48 hours to do said acknowledgement from the moment the save file was linked on this thread. Failure to do so results in that player being skipped entirely, without exception. The next player has 48 hours from the disqualification to report in.

Signing up
Just say you want in and I'll add you to the list. It's that simple. Also, to keep the fortress rolling, anyone who is not in the queue may apply to be added in, regardless of whether or not he/she has already played. This is to keep the more enthusiastic players playing while curious people can butt in every now and then.

Even if you don't want to play, I shall keep a list of people willing to give their nickname to one of the dwarves, so you can later read about your brutal demise. Actual players naturally get to name one dwarf after themselves when their turn comes.

The people who make the Fun happen
1. Ljas
2. Amagic
3. Austupaio
4. FrisianDude
5. Elisianthus
6. krik

The people who want Fun to happen to their virtual selves

Just say you want a dwarf named after yourself and hope the current player notices.

Put Väinö in if possible.
But if that does not work then put Sotanuija.
I will be looking forward for this.

I'll be looking forward to seeing some actual players, else this won't happen at all.
Edit: What's with the weird influx of Finns just as a DF succession game thread pops up?

I mustered all the plebs I could find, to enhance my own reading experiences when the actual players find this thread.

Nothing funnier than these guys dying in the most brutal of ways.

I'd like one dwarf named after me please, but I want him to die a warriors death, fighting a carp.

Sign me up as a dorf if you'd please.
If you end up with too few players I'm happy to take over a turn. I don't really think I'm all that great at writing narratives in English so I don't really think a normal turn by me would be interesting.

Wellenbrecher said:
I don't really think I'm all that great at writing narratives in English so I don't really think a normal turn by me would be interesting.
A simple diary-type log of what happened and what you did is quite enough. Nobody's expected to write a novel if literally nothing of interest happens, and if something does, it usually doesn't need to be dramatized.

Vieira said:
Never actually played the game yet, so I'd rather not bugger up your game.  :razz:
Well grab the Lazy Newb Pack, find the wiki and sign up when you know how to make dwarves mine stuff. Buggering up is half the fun.

Anyway, I'll probably set the fort up in some mineral-rich universe in a relatively safe area, so the fortress can potentially become self-sufficient before goblins make a sufficient siege to drive it to ****.

Relatively safe so I have a chance of surviving to the second year. So no sand deserts or haunted places.
The embark I've chosen is Wilderness, so it has it's standard cast of somewhat deadly animals.
I've officially embarked now.
MSxNQ.png

Back
Top Bottom