Crush-Through: A Cautionary Tale About How to Kill Your Game's Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Just played a game of skirmish where I dueled an opponent with a 2h voulge. I had a 1h sword. He was spamming and I was defending, long story short he just crushed through my block and I had no chance whatsoever, no matter how well I blocked. Its empowering spamming 2h noobs and punishes players who actually put a lot of work into learning to block with 1h. This really is unacceptable.
1.5.5 fixes crushed through. Annoyingly 1.5.5 mp patch is done but unavailable till the sp parts are done soooo just suffer a little longer it will be fixed (story of bannerlord so far)

Notable that this was added at the same point that there was ongoing combat testing with the community, but was never really a focus of the testing. It was just a bunch of changes and "oh, added crushthrough to 2 handers". It was immediately obvious that this was going to be broken and frustrating but there was never any question whether it was going in the game, so clearly a decision from on high.

Here we are with it nearly fixed. Not going to guess how many people stopped playing due to it, I would assume it's not the sole factor, but yeah, it kinda sums up a lot of the approach to the game.

In regards to crush through, once Beta e.1.5.5 reaches live, this will step into effect:
  • Crush Through is only possible with Battanian Two-Handed Mace and Sturgian Two-Handed Hammer. Both weapons' swing speed and damage have been adjusted.
As far as I know, that's not much different from what we had in Warband.

In regards to supporting the NA or any other community for that matter, we've been lately a tad more proactive in giving out custom servers to various tournament and event organizers. We have as such given a custom server to the European Duel Tournament II, EVENT: Massacre in Druimmor Forest and NA Dueling Championship 2020. The region is not something we consider a factor when giving out a custom server for a particular event or tournament.

In regards to crush through, once Beta e.1.5.5 reaches live, this will step into effect:
  • Crush Through is only possible with Battanian Two-Handed Mace and Sturgian Two-Handed Hammer. Both weapons' swing speed and damage have been adjusted.

Awesome!! This is exactly what we asked for when it was introduced.

As far as I know, that's not much different from what we had in Warband.

In regards to supporting the NA or any other community for that matter, we've been lately a tad more proactive in giving out custom servers to various tournament and event organizers. We have as such given a custom server to the European Duel Tournament II, EVENT: Massacre in Druimmor Forest and NA Dueling Championship 2020. The region is not something we consider a factor when giving out a custom server for a particular event or tournament.
Thanks for the crush through fix, but you know everytime I get into other games or discord chats people from my zone ask me "should I get Bannerlord" and all I can say is no, because playing in NA or EU servers it's just not fun. I'm talking of Mordhau players, dudes from my warband clan, etc, and you know they do want to play this game but after hearing there is no support for us they stop caring about it. I don't know why you can't or won't support our region, but it's about time you do it

Back
Top Bottom