Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

McBeverage said:
The vikings can get pretty big, typically the entire muslim world ends up under the domain of maybe three kingdoms, and the fact that most of europe is under one dynasty (different kingdoms though) poses a problem, but I have yet to see the HRE form.
I have twice. Once it was about the same size at the HRE IRL, and the second time it held all of the Karling domains--at one point only as vassals.

Raiding is too powerful since it's pretty much free gold. Half a year is too short to retaliate effectively against a raid. The ability to capture concubines allows you to pick up claims you couldn't get otherwise.

MadocComadrin said:
McBeverage said:
The vikings can get pretty big, typically the entire muslim world ends up under the domain of maybe three kingdoms, and the fact that most of europe is under one dynasty (different kingdoms though) poses a problem, but I have yet to see the HRE form.
I have twice. Once it was about the same size at the HRE IRL, and the second time it held all of the Karling domains--at one point only as vassals.

An HRE encompassing France, du jure HRE and Italy?

*shudders*

Would be interesting to see how that imported into EU IV.

Anyone ever get a multiplayer game to work? I've tried it but I just get errors with my friends. We all own legit copies bought from Steam.

Well, I used to not be able but it was only because my friend's connection is worse than a Mexican's and he had to host the game because my Hamachi wouldn't let me. Kept losing connection.
If your Hamachi won't let you host anything it's probably because your network is set to ''Public Network''. If you put it to ''Private Network'' everything will go fine.

tialexandre said:
Well, I used to not be able but it was only because my friend's connection is worse than a Mexican's and he had to host the game because my Hamachi wouldn't let me. Kept losing connection.
If your Hamachi won't let you host anything it's probably because your network is set to ''Public Network''. If you put it to ''Private Network'' everything will go fine.

Thanks for the tip, didn't think of that. But I don't use Hamachi as it screws up your network settings when you try to stop using it. I used the Meta Server and Direct Connect actually in the game if I remember correctly.

I've never got a game over the metaserver to work. The only way I've ever played MP is hamachi with direct connect.

DoctorPainkiller said:
I've never got a game over the metaserver to work. The only way I've ever played MP is hamachi with direct connect.

That's terrible why do they bother building it into the game then?

Metaserver support was pulled some months ago IIRC. Direct IP has never worked properly for me, I have to use Hamachi or Tunngle is some MP action is on the cards. Unfortunately (as it is frustratingly not in CKII), the EUIV system works flawlessly with Steamworks.

I am thinking about trying a mod. How are 'Matter of Britain' or 'Saeculum-Obscurum' ?  I like the "dark ages" best. Also own the old gods.

Saeculum Obscurum kept crashing on me, and was honestly pretty boring. I found Lux Invicta to be the best overall, with The Winter King being second. Lux Invicta is a complete alternate history overhaul, with something like 150 playable religions. TWK focuses on 5th century Britain and northern France.

So decided to just go old gods again. I was wondering, how viable would it be to create a pagan norse within a catholic empire? I was thinking of making a pagan in Gelre or Holland, which are part of Lotharingia, and in time create a pagan Frisian kingdom.

Might be a bit tricky as I am quite new to the game.

Hengwulf said:
So decided to just go old gods again. I was wondering, how viable would it be to create a pagan norse within a catholic empire? I was thinking of making a pagan in Gelre or Holland, which are part of Lotharingia, and in time create a pagan Frisian kingdom.

Might be a bit tricky as I am quite new to the game.

Instant imprisonment and death?

Back
Top Bottom