Cretas Faction Submod

Users who are viewing this thread

Truewan

Recruit
Welcome Peasants to my submod  :twisted:

Seeing as how exactly ZERO of you have ever touched Cretas, I decided to go ahead and make them a viable and better looking faction than whatever the Perisno devs were planning with them (pls don't ban me, I am small and weak)

Let's go ahead and address the biggest issue first: WHITE faction color? Seriously? White in fiction represents cold, purity, calculated, clean, and evil. Therefore, I have made the Elves white and Cretas GREEN!  :shifty: Actually, the elves are a lighter shade of green than the darker green of Cretas, I was really tempted to make the elves white though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lore:

After years of war against the Reich and carving up their lands among their lords; the Cretas have retreated across the river to their last stronghold, and a new king has come to power with one goal: Preservation. They are resisting the Reich's attempts to assimilate them and have developed tactics accordingly, they dream of retaking Voldeberg and the surrounding peninsula - perhaps even forging an alliance with the Illica Falki or nearby giants. With Cretas facing extinction - their people and troops are motivated to succeed! The desperation has given the Cretas troops the ability to push themselves beyond what most factions troops can handle, even the dwarves would be impressed with their resolve!

Troops:

Some of the best spearmen in the world are at any Cretas lords disposal - albeit almost out of necessity as they are surrounded by horse lords to the north and south and the rebellious Illica Falki. However, they lack proper equipment and their infantry take retooled mining picks into battle. Swords require far more work to create than a simple spear, or mining pick and they only hold a castle. The women of Cretas have also taken up arms and will fight to retake their homes, grabbing the nearest crossbow and taking it onto the battlefield - bows require years of training and the people of Cretas do not have sufficient time to train such troops, but the heavily armored troops of the Reich are in for a surprise when they find out what awaits them!

Having lost most of their horses to the Reich; most of their nobles are forced to fight on foot, but do not underestimate them, they are deadly with a spear and javelin and able to withstand punishment that would cripple most other men in Perisno. There are rumors that the few nobles who do use horses have special staves that can crush any of the Riech's troops attempts to resist their righteous fury!

Ultimately, this makes them the most unique faction in the game - but this an advantage against the troops of the Reich, disadvantage against lesser armored troops such as the Kuu-lanHorde  or Giants.

Troop Tree

003FA53291A7CF6C42139E7AC58FEE47D28F334F

- For those of you who enjoy making your own faction and controlling everything, about half their armor comes from the players faction in the game; as someone who never starts his own faction (who enjoy's that much micromanagement?!) - I never got to see some of these armors being used

- I took inspiration for the faction on the people of Novgorod in a different game: See http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com/Novgorod/Novgorod_Home_Guard.html

- They use actual spears instead of the staves the devs gave them, some of the legion spears are lighter than regular spears, so their ranged troops use those. With one exception to this rule: their tier 1 cav

- Some bugs:
            I did not want to rename the crossbowmen, simply because I did not want to break anything and this is my first mod, so you will have "huntsmen" with females instead of males. Mainly because I could not find a better green plate armor replacement than what the females of this game had to offer (light-female green plate).
            I do not know how to change the quest: "In recognition of your service, you have been given this overweight, crappy Cretas darkplate (again, no insult to the devs here, I'm sure you're swamped with many other things to do and appreciate the time you've taken to create this beautiful mod). So you'll always get that darkplate warrior armor that looks so out of place in the game

- I buffed certain items they use, in particular their staves which are. . . well kind of useless. Their armor is also better suited for speed.

- I welcome all criticism, and of course, compliments make baby Jesus smile!

- I tried to make it so ownership of items (Guardian spear, green plate armor, Eidolon war staff, ect) appears in their capital and buffed merchant spawn rates and better drops. Mainly because it's very hard for the faction to even take one city with a merchant inside of it, so it should feel more rewarding with reinforced/balanced/masterwork drops.

- Their nobles are OP very tough! on foot, but they should be few and far between, you only have one outpost to recruit from, they are not stronger than the Giants but have the most HP for any human infantry unit in the game. Valahir dudes still hit harder, I may nerf their armor in the future

___________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.dropbox.com/s/51wc5qmnfel0ypa/Cretas%20Faction%20Overhaul.zip?dl=0

I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT, YA PEASANTS 

Edit: Updated files in submod to include all needed files, it's almost harvesting season harvesting season is here

:mad: No one has ever dared call me a peasant. I shall restore my honour with a duel to death. En garde. :mad:

I did not touch Cretas, I have simply anhilated them.  :twisted:

Real question is, you know that there is an official lore for the Cretas, right?

Second question, have you added new items?

Dago Wolfrider said:
:mad: No one has ever dared call me a peasant. I shall restore my honour with a duel to death. En garde. :mad:

Real question is, you know that there is an official lore for the Cretas, right?

Cretas Faction lore:

F01E582A73FD04DFD38FDC4E7289F9E3AE17EDBC

Draharan Faction Lore:

199F94921E7744737FB7720BD80DF04D87491D05

I simply expanded on what little lore they have and gave some rationale to the lore provided by the devs. I see things different and believe it should be different. The original troops had some terrible equipment, bland armor, and top tier troops didn't even have helmets. Their bows were good, but felt out of place for me personally, sword staffs and staff's in general are were also uninspiring and underwhelming. Again, I always saw them differently, the Reich is the top dog in this game, and have some of the best troops in the game - who were previously my favorite faction :razz:

And no new items sadly; frankly if I had the skill I would add new items and quests, but the turtorial's for modding MnB are very limited and few and far between.

Cretas is usually conquered immediately and this mod is not for 90% of people, I'm fine with that, thanks for the reply!

Truewan said:
Dago Wolfrider said:

Cretas Faction lore:

Draharan Faction Lore:

I simply expanded on what little lore they have and gave some rationale to the lore provided by the devs. I see things different and believe it should be different. The original troops had some terrible equipment, bland armor, and top tier troops didn't even have helmets. Their bows were good, but felt out of place for me personally, sword staffs and staff's in general are were also uninspiring and underwhelming. Again, I always saw them differently, the Reich is the top dog in this game, and have some of the best troops in the game - who were previously my favorite faction :razz:

And no new items sadly; frankly if I had the skill I would add new items and quests, but the turtorial's for modding MnB are very limited and few and far between.

Cretas is usually conquered immediately and this mod is not for 90% of people, I'm fine with that, thanks for the reply!

Good point. No problems.

In order to learn how to add new items I did read this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/4g88jp/is_there_any_way_to_import_items_from_one_mod_to/&ved=2ahUKEwjf16vHl5PgAhUDM-wKHe9SCNMQFjALegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1euxtFYfd3p1-_oM1mQI6R&cshid=1548771559874.
It is quite easy and you can become fast and precise in no time. If you have some doubts pm me.

If you want to add some new items to your submod you only need to go here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,229.0.html.

Dago Wolfrider said:
Truewan said:
Dago Wolfrider said:

Cretas Faction lore:

Draharan Faction Lore:

Good point. No problems.

In order to learn how to add new items I did read this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/4g88jp/is_there_any_way_to_import_items_from_one_mod_to/&ved=2ahUKEwjf16vHl5PgAhUDM-wKHe9SCNMQFjALegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1euxtFYfd3p1-_oM1mQI6R&cshid=1548771559874.
It is quite easy and you can become fast and precise in no time. If you have some doubts pm me.

If you want to add some new items to your submod you only need to go here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,229.0.html.

Thanks for this, I'm looking into it now, it's a lot of information to go through to find out how to add assets and models, let alone how to create them, if you could be just a bit more precise, I'd appreciate it

Truewan said:
Dago Wolfrider said:
Truewan said:
Dago Wolfrider said:

Cretas Faction lore:

Draharan Faction Lore:

Good point. No problems.

Thanks for this, I'm looking into it now, it's a lot of information to go through to find out how to add assets and models, let alone how to create them, if you could be just a bit more precise, I'd appreciate it

In the first link they explain you how to use Morghs Editor ( link: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,381661.msg9074969.html#msg9074969) and  OpenBrf in order to add items. In the second one there are a lot of free files you can download and add to your Perisno submod. Just be sure to have a backup of your submod module and once you release it, just remember to add a credit section. If you have problem with understanding the instructions of the first link, this is my advice: just copy your module, try following the instructions, add one simple item, add it to the player character and start a new game. If you fail just pm me and tell me what you did and what you think went wrong.

Do not add new items, it will **** up the code.

Also
Truewan said:
Cretas Faction lore:
That ancient writing is a biiit outdated. Perisno wiki has more up-to-date version.
Yeah, that's a stupid situation, I know.

Here is a step by step guide:
1) download an OSP;
2) copy the resource and texture files of the OSP in the Texture and Resource of the copy of the module of your submod;
3) add load_mod_resource = (the name of the resource file you have just added without the brf part ) to your module.ini;
4) open OpenBrf, select the copy of your submod module, go to Resource, select the file you copied and then copy the meshes of the object you want to add;
5) open Morgh, select the copy of your submod module and go to the item section, click on add new item, copy the meshes in the box beside the standard meshes are and press update the meshes ( add new meshes if the item use more than a mesh);
6) now you only have to give to the item the stats ( price,...)  you want.
7) update the item and save;
8( go to the troop section of Morgh and add it to the player character inventory;
9) start a new game and enjoy your new item.

I do not know how to create textures and meshes for Warband. I am waiting for Bannerlord.

Most important thing is:
Leonion is always right, but sometimes he is too late to prevent me from writing a new post :roll:

Leonion said:
Do not add new items, it will **** up the code.

Also
Truewan said:
Cretas Faction lore:
That ancient writing is a biiit outdated. Perisno wiki has more up-to-date version.
Yeah, that's a stupid situation, I know.

Even this: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380570.msg9049634.html#msg9049634 doesn't work?

Back
Top Bottom