Creating your own Culture of troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Karl XII said:
I'll just wait for V0.24 to make Kievan Russ and Nikephorian Byzantine lists, then. Maybe even redo Sarranids as Sassanids.
No one has tackled redoing the Sarranids yet if you interest in doing it.  Then your work would get direct inclusion and my help in setting up its coding.

Slightly unrelated but it is regarding troops, so works out I guess?

Anyway any plans to add banner carriers that add some morale boost and what not?
Really I find myself missing banners when I look at my troops during battle.

Karl XII said:
I'll just wait for V0.24 to make Kievan Russ and Nikephorian Byzantine lists, then. Maybe even redo Sarranids as Sassanids.

Given how crappily the AI handles horse archer armies, I reckon the Khergit are ripe for excision.

The 1257 AD mod has the best horse archer AI I have seen.

Just a note for anyone attempting this, since I've done it successfully in the last version of Silverstag: in order to change the stats of a troop type you edit with Morgh's tool, you have to start a new game BUT you can change their names and equipment without restarting.  Decide what kind of soldiers you want and what their proficiencies should be first.  Worry about the equipment after.

c16550.png
Like that. Ability constants are from combat_scripts.py

Seipherwood said:
Ah so to add them, id have to edit the .py file and add the troop?
This is not something currently available to folks.  I was waiting for the next save break to clean out some old issues from the code before releasing it publicly.  I would hate to see folks make nice troop patches for others that get broken almost immediately by my own update which is what happened with Floris 2.5's release.  We've made it nearly a year and a half since the last save breaking update and this next one is a planned break so the source will come out with it.

UniversalWolf said:
Just a note for anyone attempting this, since I've done it successfully in the last version of Silverstag: in order to change the stats of a troop type you edit with Morgh's tool, you have to start a new game BUT you can change their names and equipment without restarting.  Decide what kind of soldiers you want and what their proficiencies should be first.  Worry about the equipment after.

I noticed this when I was editing the Swadian Crossbowmen to use regular hose instead of woolen hose with kneecaps, as the latter armor goes above the knees and clips right through the leggings of the gambeson they wear. It was a nice surprise that I didn't have to restart to change equipment loadout for troops.

Speaking of which, you might want to keep that in mind for future release, changing the shoes for the crossbowmen so it doesn't interfere with their body armor.

Edit: Spelling error, writing nazi within me demanded I rectify my mistake.

Really? Hm, I must have been getting blind lately...or I just assigned wrong equipment.
Edit: Indeed. Thanks for pointing that out! Though I would suggest changing armour instead. Perhaps to Aketon.

Leifdin said:
Really? Hm, I must have been getting blind lately...or I just assigned wrong equipment.
Edit: Indeed. Thanks for pointing that out! Though I would suggest changing armour instead. Perhaps to Aketon.

Changed the Blue Gambeson for an Aketon and restored the Woolen Hose with Kneecops, looks pretty good.

Edit: By the way, the Swadian Crossbowmen are meant to go from Tier 3 to Tier 5, right? I'm a bit worried that exchanging the Gambeson for the Aketon might have pushed them up a tier.

Leifdin said:
While we're on the subject of equipment, there are several Swadian troops that use other factions' gear (ie, Sarranid Leather Boots, Vaegiran Lance, etc...), along with a few instances of items that seem out of place, name-wise (like the Teutonic Shields and Horses, and Rus Cavalry Boots). Hardly game-breaking issues, obviously, but it may be a little weird to loot a bunch of Sarranid Boots, Vaegiran Lances, and Teutonic Shields from a Swadian army :razz:

Yep. I didn't find anything better look-wise or stat-wise. If I had power over the items, I could have changed new instances, but that seems a bit unnecessary. Especially considering that Swadia is in the middle. Let's pretend it's the ever-present influence on fashion :wink:
(BTW Tetonic shields are for the most part Norman, it's just different name, I hope I didn't assign any with cross; if yes, sorry)

Back
Top Bottom