Crazy Suggestions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to have a better melee system in which when we (defenders) hit, we can do so with the same speed of the attackers...

Windbusche said:
The Norseman said:
I would really like to have a better melee system in which when we (defenders) hit, we can do so with the same speed of the attackers...
And make the mod hilariously easy?

No thanks.
Exactly the thrill is the challenge, this is no easy mode mod.
I wouldn't mind nerfing invaders a bit but not so much it becomes a breeze for every faction.
Balance man.

As some say above, is there a way to do something with the polls ? It's actually quite annoying
when you join a server and the map and factions change every 10 minutes. I don't even get the
time to customize my gear and attack before the map changes :razz: . I'm not sure if it's possible to code
but you could make the option that you can vote for map and factions áfter the round ends (either you win
or the attackers) or after a few rounds so the players can have some time to do something. M'kay ? :razz:

And my grazy suggestion, could you add the Zulu or Native American as attacking faction and maybe the Boers
from the Boer republics as a counterpart from the Zulu's ? Because it's actually a quite interesting piece of African
history which got putted in a corner by Imperialistic Brits with their Isandlwana and Rorke's drift... The Boers fought
the Native Africans for centuries and had some very heroic battles. I studied hem for a couple of years and I have quite
a few map idea's and troop idea's and lots of information. If you would like to add them and you need information, I offer my help for free :smile:
If I know who the moderators are or who makes the factions I can send a few idea's and information for the Boers and if you like it I can send more, let me know :smile:

Windbusche said:
I'm not sure about the Boers. That's quite a nice idea, though.

What's more epic than bearded fighting machines repealing  endless hordes of Zulu troops ?  :roll:

jan-smuts-on-commando.jpg

My point is that I'm quite upset with all the credit the British get for their Zulu War. Endless books and movies are
made about it for that small war while the Boers where fighting Native Africans since the 17th century till late 19th century,
that's more than 200 years against the few years the Brits fought them. You can only find a few books about because it isn't
much written about than the Anglo - Zulu war. An example. During the Great Trek, when thousands of Boer moved into the North
they had war with various African Tribes, with the Zulu's as the most famous one. On December 16th 1838, the Voortrekkers (that's how the Boer where
called when they moved into deeper Africa) Made a circle with their wagons around the Ncome river when 10,000 - 20,000 Zulu's attacked
their camp. The Voortrekkers only where with 464 - 664 man defending their camp. After the battle 3,000 Zulu's where massacred while only
3 Voortrekkers where wounded. After the battle the river was called the Bloodriver :razz:

dgt37.jpg

Smissen said:
Windbusche said:
I'm not sure about the Boers. That's quite a nice idea, though.

What's more epic than bearded fighting machines repealing  endless hordes of Zulu troops ?  :roll:

jan-smuts-on-commando.jpg

My point is that I'm quite upset with all the credit the British get for their Zulu War. Endless books and movies are
made about it for that small war while the Boers where fighting Native Africans since the 17th century till late 19th century,
that's more than 200 years against the few years the Brits fought them. You can only find a few books about because it isn't
much written about than the Anglo - Zulu war. An example. During the Great Trek, when thousands of Boer moved into the North
they had war with various African Tribes, with the Zulu's as the most famous one. On December 16th 1838, the Voortrekkers (that's how the Boer where
called when they moved into deeper Africa) Made a circle with their wagons around the Ncome river when 10,000 - 20,000 Zulu's attacked
their camp. The Voortrekkers only where with 464 - 664 man defending their camp. After the battle 3,000 Zulu's where massacred while only
3 Voortrekkers where wounded. After the battle the river was called the Bloodriver :razz:

dgt37.jpg

Great suggestion and nice history now if we can find suitable models..

If you'd like I can you some clear pictures and information of the clothes they wore. I'll look into the game files which models and clothes are suitable :smile:

Dunno if it has been suggested before, but a silly/ridiculous/i understand if you reject it and call me an idiot/ kinda time consuming idea would be an invader fac called the Ramdomers. Basically, a hardcore faction for hardcore and organized players comprised of bots using random equipment from the different factions. Maybe to balance it out would be to give them low-mediocre skill for all weapons and skills. And the boss would have a little higher skills and have higher tier equipment in their inventory while the normal attackers would have access to the lower tier equip from all over the mod.

lolwarrior said:
Dunno if it has been suggested before, but a silly/ridiculous/i understand if you reject it and call me an idiot/ kinda time consuming idea would be an invader fac called the Ramdomers. Basically, a hardcore faction for hardcore and organized players comprised of bots using random equipment from the different factions. Maybe to balance it out would be to give them low-mediocre skill for all weapons and skills. And the boss would have a little higher skills and have higher tier equipment in their inventory while the normal attackers would have access to the lower tier equip from all over the mod.
:lol: that's an original idea I'll keep in mind when re-browsing this thread when the time comes.

Perhaps if it's possible, make a vote option to disable polls, the disable could last for a round or so and enforce anti-spamming.

Admins are the solution to the poll problem. If you get super upset about the polls join a server with an admin. For example Wolf-Pack and Arnor will usually have an admin online.

Tortilla Boy said:
Admins are the solution to the poll problem. If you get super upset about the polls join a server with an admin. For example Wolf-Pack and Arnor will usually have an admin online.

Or official EU/NA, Whenever there are people there I hop on to see how it's going.

hey usnavy30, was fun playing with you the other day!
after playing this mod for 50+ hours i thought i write down some thoughts i had while playing.

as for the crazy suggestions:

-a new zombie attacker faction where every player who gets killed becomes a zombie (zombies need to be slower and maybe look more gruesome).
also transforming into a zombie, and being able to play it when you died would be awesome (esp. given most players hate to wait when dead)
-a prehistoric attacker faction combined of neanderthals, saber-tooth tigers, mammoth & dinosaurs
-a dragon attacker faction (just 2-5 per wave, huge and super strong, fireballs etc.)

-maybe adding flying enemys? not sure if this will complicate gameplay too much..
-in addition to building cades (wich is really awesome) the possibility to buy & build turrets (maybe they are on fixed places and you have to pay a decent amount of gold to activate it, they only last 1 or 2 waves) they shoot fire arrows or could work like catapults (maybe depending on played faction, for example a MG turret if you are playing WW2 soldiers, ballistae for empire etc)

-playable indians (with focus on horsearchers, tomahawks etc.)
-playable medics who can heal wounded players. maybe they could also revive players for 5000+ gold (maybe having to buy an item for it)

some general things that could be added to FI2:

-an optional save option for chosen equipment of the particular faction/troop
-when someone starts a poll: the option to press a hotkey to be shown a small picture of the map (most people obv don't know the names)
this would solve the problem of people instantly starting a new poll, when they realize they actually don't like the map.
-regarding the problem with the polls: dead players should not be allowed to start a poll. just to vote for a change
-server's running version needs to be shown (has a huge impact on new players who will get annoyed and stop playing [esp. with the long loading time] or think their pcs can't handle the game)
-some weapons could be more effective (get a bonus) vs different types of monsters (probably hard to balance though)
-armor & shield in random boxes (maybe a seperate box for armor)

Hey thanks for the feedback, it is not as easy to implement new features as people may think.
And yeah it was a fun time yesterday.

Now this is the kind of list of suggestions I like to see something detailed and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom