Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

salmanoy

Recruit
Summary: After selecting culture, the game crashes as soon as as some low res character is shown or during character Creation. The error reads : "Error: d3d_device_context_ -> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended."
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 3060
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: i7-11800
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB

Let me guess, you only have 8G GPU mem ?

If you search posts on this forum, you will see many gamers having problems with this error, mostly with older cards with only 8G GPU mem. Those with AMD GPUs have found that rolling back GPU drivers can fix the problem. Old Nvidia Cards, we are still not sure how to fix it ? I use to own a 1080 and continually got this error message, so upgreyyed my GPU.

I suspect it has to do with old shader caches ? You need to delete all the possible locations, then redownload and reverify

(1) Steam / Bannerlord
(2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"
(3) "NVidia also keeps a shader cache located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache and %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache ..".

Also look at the Cloud, could be another copy there, somewhere ???

Unfortunately, the crash you have experienced is a GPU crash. Sadly we can't directly offer support on these cases. You can try expanding the swap size on your hard disk but please note that it is not a solid fix. You can find more info regarding this here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Let me guess, you only have 8G GPU mem ?

If you search posts on this forum, you will see many gamers having problems with this error, mostly with older cards with only 8G GPU mem. Those with AMD GPUs have found that rolling back GPU drivers can fix the problem. Old Nvidia Cards, we are still not sure how to fix it ? I use to own a 1080 and continually got this error message, so upgreyyed my GPU.

I suspect it has to do with old shader caches ? You need to delete all the possible locations, then redownload and reverify

(1) Steam / Bannerlord
(2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"
(3) "NVidia also keeps a shader cache located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache and %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache ..".

Also look at the Cloud, could be another copy there, somewhere ???

Thanks I previously uninstalled and re-installed the game while deleting every folder I found. For some reason, I was never able to delete the folder on number (2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord". Probably because it was hidden. I reinstalled the game after deleting every folder including (2). Game is running now. I was so happy I forgot to reply. Thanks guys <3

Thanks I previously uninstalled and re-installed the game while deleting every folder I found. For some reason, I was never able to delete the folder on number (2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord". Probably because it was hidden. I reinstalled the game after deleting every folder including (2). Game is running now. I was so happy I forgot to reply. Thanks guys <3

Occasionally we get a win, not very often but sometimes when the moon turns blue and hell freezes over, all the little duckies line up and fall into place.

So old cached shaders seem to be the main culprit ? Devs need to make sure ALL caches are deleted when installing new patches, maybe ?

Back
Top Bottom