couple of noob questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hail shipmates,
Just a couple of questions if I may.
1. How do you get more companions? I have 4 and not sure how to get more
2. Can I give my companions a fief?
3. I am unable to hold my lords for very long...how do I keep them from leaving?
4. How do I assign a fief to a lord?
5. I heard one can hire a clan to attack the enemy, is that true? and how?
Thank you all for the assist.
May the wind be at your back.
Sea

Hail shipmates,
3. I am unable to hold my lords for very long...how do I keep them from leaving?
Sea

1. You can have more companions once your clan level increases. You increase your clan level by gaining renown (winning battles etc.).

2. I don't think so, no. You can have them lead their own party though.

3. You can increase your relationship with clans by granting them influence ("Support") in the Kingdom screen. You can also try giving the lord a fief. I don't know if any of this actually does anything to keep them with you longer, but I've managed to sustain a large number of clans in the kingdom in my playthrough.

4. Once you take a fief, a kingdom event will occur in which you have to vote on ownership of the fief. Once ownership has been decided, you can't assign the fief to someone else unless it is lost to the enemy and retaken.
*EDIT: For now, you can also level up your Trade skill to get the perk "Everything has a price". That will let you trade settlements.

5. There's a difference between clans (all lords are part of some clan) and those "minor factions" that provide mercenary services. Once you convince a lord to join you, his/her entire clan will follow (AFAIK). The mercenary clans can be bought by talking to their clan leader.

All of the above will probably change with time and further patches.

Sea to you as well.

*googles curling*
What?!
Hhehehe it comes from the sport.... "Curling Parents" are parents who spoil their kid to unhealthy levels, always present to make sure he never has issues, he is always right, never his fault etc etc....the result is a kid that you can imagine.
It comes from the sport Curling, from the way players deal with the rocky thing they use to play their sport, check a video, you'll get what I mean...pretty relaxing sport to watch btw.

Hail shipmates,
Sea

1. Find them in taverns. You can also look in the Encyclopedia (press N on the map screen) under Heroes, filtered by Wanderers.

2. Not at this time. At least in the base game; I seem to recall one mod that allows this however.

3. Give them a fief, but this is quite unreliable unless their original faction is failing.

4. The only way is to hold an election and the only way to have an election is to recently capture the fief or (I assume) have it revoked.

5. Talk to one of the mercenary clans -- Skoderbrotva, Karakhergit, Ghilman, etc. -- and hire them. This only works as ruler; vassals can't hire mercenaries.

Hhehehe it comes from the sport.... "Curling Parents" are parents who spoil their kid to unhealthy levels, always present to make sure he never has issues, he is always right, never his fault etc etc....the result is a kid that you can imagine.
It comes from the sport Curling, from the way players deal with the rocky thing they use to play their sport, check a video, you'll get what I mean...pretty relaxing sport to watch btw.
Hello CPS, this guy on an internet forum, I think he likes beating his kids or something.... that's the only way what he posted makes any sense.

Whaaat??? Dude, what are you writing on the public forum? You might wanna review it.....
230px-Tails_trolled.png

You are obviously either a kid (one of the above mentioned) or an extremely immature person.
You need to be careful writing what you wrote, IRL you might meet a lawyer....or a sharp slap in the face.
As you are safely behind a keyboard and I have no intentions to have a flame war in an already terrible forum, I just reported you....but IRL, if you go on with this attitude, I guarantee you that sooner or later you will find out that actions have consequences.

sooner or later you will find out that actions have consequences.
Yeah, for the other guy

Look that all those questions have already been answered in previous numerous posts, have you looked it up?
Wow that's some jonny jonny sentence'n .
Have you even looked anything up via search? Hardly 2 people ever describe anything in this game the same way so it's not so simple.

Back
Top Bottom