OSP Other 2D Art Count's retexturing guild (download link on first page + Game of thrones OSP)

Users who are viewing this thread

uKz7k.png

Greetings,​

In order to prevent myself from becoming rusty (and prevent myself from falling asleep during my daily train trips) I decided to launch a small request thread. Do keep in mind that I am a humble retexturer so don't expect any dashing new models. Feel free to request sturdy armours, razorsharp blades or astounding helmets. I'll select your idea if I like it and will do my best to produce it. Providing me with some reference art or an example is always very much appreciated. Please do keep in mind that my preference leans towards medieval/medieval fantasy armory when suggesting something. Once I finish a piece it will be available for everybody to download in this thread.
Cheers, C.o.F​

AVQx_.png

N-DtO.png
-DNPF.png
8oe2G.jpg
gBX5n.jpg
ANL3P.png
GctJL.png
6dxMV.png
qbaEr.jpg
o0FPm.jpg
Tpt5F.jpg
f03Oo.jpg

LINK
'15/02/2015'
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dzfo7xd931puqrc/AAA8PVO5pSfsVZhhO-Euc-uoa?dl=0​

y3u0s.png

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6uwjek0zq3c69vw/AADFyZFUkL2n1ONX34Ur_AMDa?dl=0​

Could you make a couple variants of small heraldic heater/kite shields tableau_shield_heater_2 and tableau_shield_kite_4? I can heraldify them myself later if I have the base texture. Both models are "steel-reinforced wood", so "wood+leather" and "old wood" variants would turn each shield into a proper line of shields of varying quality.

Similar job on tableau_shield_heater_1 would be fantastic, but steel reinforcement is actually part of the mesh for that model and cannot be easily removed. Meshes shield_kite_g and shield_kite_k can be used, but they need to be re-uv-mapped before any heraldification is done.

That's a very nice set of armour! Is the mail neckguard attached at both the body and head pieces?

Also, would your guild accept questions on texturing problems?

Could you texture some of my untextured models? I'm still familiarizing myself with CS6 Photoshop after abandoning GIMP, and I have been too lazy to motivate myself to texture my models after modeling and UV mapping them.

Count of Flanders said:
If it's for an osp i'd gladly help you out!
Dude! That would be awesome of you and yes it would be an OSP. I am currently working on a norse helmet collection with multiple separate pieces that can fit together. For example, if you want the noseguard or not. If you want an aventail or a mail coif, it would all fit together, but you can produce several helmet types with just a few pieces. Here is an outdated example: https://p3d.in/8qXBS

Count of Flanders said:
Thanks, only to the helmet. If your question is about retexturing I suppose I could answer.

Ah, you sound hesitant. I understand, you don't want this topic being the first place noob texturers like me come bleating with our problems  :grin:. No probs.

Hey Prythax I don't mean to highjack this awesome thread but I made an OSP awhile ago for sarranid helmets with some turban/head wraps which I can provide variant textures for the cloth,
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,294832.msg7005970.html#msg7005970

Also Count of Flanders and Slytacular once the new module system drops there will be a streamline of model variants and material variants.

Here are the relevant operations.

cur_item_add_mesh                      = 1964  # (cur_item_add_mesh, <mesh_name_string_no>, [<lod_begin>], [<lod_end>]), #only call inside ti_on_init_item in module_items # lod values are optional. lod_end is not included.
cur_item_set_material                  = 1978  # (cur_item_set_material, <string_no>, <sub_mesh_no>, [<lod_begin>], [<lod_end>]), #only call inside ti_on_init_item in module_items # lod values are optional. lod_end is not

This is what I'm preparing for the module system becoming avaliable
H9n1mEw.jpg

So you can see instead of having a full model of the base helmet each time the extras just attach to the base model using coding, this saves having the base model essentially copied multiple times.

BxF6neP.jpg

Here you can see a coif that can either be chain mail or padded gambeson, and helmet tops can be added for multiple variations.
This means civillian cloths will no longer require a duplicate mesh per material and instead can reference one mesh and change the material with code.

I just thought I'd share as the new module system is going to make item variations/re-textures much easier.

Ah, so if I create what I am making then the game won't load up all of the pieces I created for one pattern of helmet? I'm a little confused, but I think I understand what you are talking about?

Hey, if you could make some armors made out of wood, leaves, bones, etc. but no metal at all, that would be appreciated. Heavy on the color green.

I don't really have a reference because it's more fantasy, but I'm just throwing it out there. (I need something like that for Perisno)

Prythax said:
The blue turban. MB lacks quality turbans, sadly.
In addition to ShaunReno's pack which he already posted, there are also turbans and turban helmets in Lucas_the_Benevolent's Weapons Pack I, Njunja's Eastern Items pack, sonyer's Item Pack, Spak's Item Pack and Yoman Jenkins' Helms for Cataphracts. This might not be enough if your mod setting is in Middle East where everyone and their horse is wearing turbans, but for as long as you only need to equip a single faction or two, community already has more than enough stuff.

Back
Top Bottom