Council Chambers: Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all I must say, that it's probably the most entertaining mod I've ever played - great work, seriously.

But I have some ideas to make it even better (I hope that they haven't been already suggested):

- I spent a lot of time playing WFaS and I think, that it would be great to have some of it's elements in here - especially the expanded formation, shooting and weapons orders menu - the default one is too narrow for a mod so heavily based on guns and infantry.
Now there are only 2 shooting options - "Hold fire" and "Fire at will" - so basically our soldiers can only shoot chaotically wasting ammo or wait for the enemy with their melee weapons. We need a "Fire at order" thing, where they will stand with their guns pointed at the enemy but won't shoot unless you tell them to.

- From other WFaS ideas, I think that forts should have shops - with less equipment and money than in the cities, but still with the ability to buy things from you. It just makes the game less boring.

- Also I don't know if it's possible but it would be more realistic if we could command our troops to lay down - it looks kinda funny, when modern soldiers stand in a line like a bunch of musketeers.

- I see that you are planning to implement artillery, but I don't think it's a good idea - I've played dozens of mods, but I've never seen a well made artillery or cannons - they were always buggy as hell, overpowered and cause lots of "friendly-fire" deaths - M&B battles are just too small for such a powerful weapon.

- As we are in the XX century I think that fractions should have some kind of police forces (small military parties) patrolling their countries and fighting bandits (Gestapo, NKVD, Sheriffs, Carabinieri - every fraction can have their own one).

- Are you still working on the Kapustan? Because I've seen some kapustanish uniforms in shops. (btw as a Pole i must say : BEST NAME EVER - we should rename our country to this  :grin:)

If you are,  I can give you some ideas for troops, lords' names, uniforms and stuff.

9781472807021.JPG

EcJhWlz.jpg

fS1d7yr.jpg

5FZVs8D.jpg

FPc1LOW.jpg

yNocZpI.jpg

pX8wnqk.jpg

JzfJoUP.jpg

2uuucrg.jpg

CSa1Pun.jpg

IbxZQzu.jpg

9DouoGN.jpg

dBcApsY.jpg

:arrow: http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/Steampunk-Soldiers_9781472807021

matmohair1 said:

Even though I REALLY love the concepts, I don't really like the idea of changing the mod to a Steampunk theme. Though, that's just my personal opinion

Edit: Again, I love the concepts, and I think it's a great idea for a separate mod. I'd hate to see these go to waste. Where did you find these, and do you know under what license they are?

Where are you getting all these from? Is there like a website or something or do you actually have the book and are making scans?

dinnerblaster said:
Steampunk maybe not, but WW1 aestethics could be used more. As it is now, the mod is nearing dangereously close WW2-Cold war era.

Just remember that this isn't meant to accurately portray a specific year. It's a fantasy world, with fantasy factions and fantasy weapons, with fantasy history. If there's a cool weapon or hat from 10 years in the future that would look awesome in the mod, why say "Oh damn it won't be historically accurate anymore then" instead of adding it?

Chalk said:
Just remember that this isn't meant to accurately portray a specific year. It's a fantasy world, with fantasy factions and fantasy weapons, with fantasy history. If there's a cool weapon or hat from 10 years in the future that would look awesome in the mod, why say "Oh damn it won't be historically accurate anymore then" instead of adding it?

This indeed is a fantasy mod and great that it is. However, I think it's most interesting as a loose (though imaginative and humouros) depiction of a single era, in this case the two world wars. The mod already has scifi styled armor soldiers and such, and I think they're frigging cool. This is because they are clearly meant to add elements of fantasy and parody to the age the mod depicts, and thus they do not harm the mod's world's inner logic, quite the opposite actually.

Elements like the AK are clearly from other period and don't really match up with the rest of the game and its inter-war aestethics. With that said, if done with taste, I don't mind the new Cubanesque faction. I just wish the team will replace their current weaponry with something more original and old school. Instead of just using AKs, I suggest that their troops would be equipped with a mix of other factions' weapons, like with rifles from Vaegirs, machine guns from Balion, sub-machine guns from Nords, maybe even some singular muskets etc. I think it would add up better to their quarilla style and make the faction feel more intuitive and separate from its real world counterpart. Just my two cents.

On the subject I only have this to say.

We're modders, we dun gotta follow da rools cuz we dun hav investors/publishers to plz.

In case people haven't realized...Red Wars is a non-serious, B-movie esque mod about radically different ideologies clashing. We like it like that and many of our watchers do as well. To me, it's what sets Red Wars apart from most other warband mods and why I love working on it. There is a lot of things to criticize about this mod, but criticizing it's realism and historical accuracy is like criticizing a dark comedy for not being a gritty war movie. To me when people do this it shows to me that they totally missed the point if the mod and I just read over those comments.

I do agree about replacing the Ak, it does break the game world a bit and feels out of place. It was a gift that we got when the team was only two people. I am confident now that Red Wars is at great enough strength to mostly sustain itself. In the future we will work on replacing gifts and osps that are out of place with our own stuff.

However if people want a serious industrial era mod I strongly recommend the upcoming Battle for Yugoslavia and Calradia: Blood and Steel 1870. I'm sorry this mod is not what you were looking for, but the theme is not going to change anytime soon.

Maybe less comment space can now be used to improve the mod instead of trying to turn it in to some thing it's not. Tbh I did not expect this rant to get this long, but hopefully it helps clarify some things.

Might I suggest that you keep the AK at least as a kergit weapon. It's just too neat to drop.

This said, if you are going to address the weapons might I suggest looking at the MG-42 (what ever it's in game name) because that thing is OP. It has sniper rifle grade accuracy, a huge magazine and more damage than any other auto weapon.

I'm a big fan of AKs, but removing it might not be a bad thing since I've already made a STG-44 model, which looks and acts similar. Or maybe we can change the AK to an easter-egg weapon, similar to the Strange Armour and Strange Swords in the original M&B.

Thing about the AK is that it's kind of iconic in relation to communism. It's basically THE communist rifle. It'd be a shame not to have it some capacity as a weapon with at least one faction.

PPQ_Purple said:
Thing about the AK is that it's kind of iconic in relation to communism. It's basically THE communist rifle. It'd be a shame not to have it some capacity as a weapon with at least one faction.

*assault  rifle. The communist rifle would be the mosin.

ScreamingCommie said:
PPQ_Purple said:

*assault  rifle. The communist rifle would be the mosin.
The Mousin is the Russian rifle. It's not really associated with communism but with Russians that happen to be communists on the side. The AK on the other hand is the Communist rifle. It is associated with communism first and Russia second. To put it simply, one is the Russian weapon of Communists where as the other is the Communist weapon from Russia.

SeanBeansShako said:
Just replace the AK with something more like the PPSH-43, but with wooden furniture instead of the stamped metal.

I have a PPSH-41 model already, so doing a 43 would be very quick, just seems like a magazine change.

Back
Top Bottom